Executive Replicas 2001 Space Odyssey Astronauts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
50th anniversary year is here and no hint of anything new- no Floyd...no Pod :slap

We REALLY need a Dr. Heywood Floyd figure (in silver suit).

I saw the film again over the weekend on TCM. Had me excited to start work on the recently received model of the Discovery XD-1 from Moebius.

If these figures were not so crazy expensive, I would have picked up the blue and green suits as well. Currently have Bowman and Poole.

I missed Poole and regret it- still looking for one to get someday. I need Floyd but nothing is going on with this line anymore so...

I need to chime in at this point, and perhaps give some hints at information that I am sworn not to divulge.
This line is NOT dead; red tape.

"Chicken, eh... you have any ham?"
"Ham ham ham-- oh yeah, here."
"Oh good. Let me take my suit off so I don't get mayonnaise on it."
"How about some coffee?"
"Good idea."
"The coffee's really hot- be careful; you took your suit off."
"Yes, I'm naked as a bushbaby, with a ham sandwich."
"Sugar?"
"No thanks."
"Cream?"
"No, I like my coffee black, like my monoliths."
"Maybe you should put your suit back on; we're approaching Tycho."
"No, I think I'll sell it. You wanna buy it?"

Last edited:
The Heywood Floyd figure was expected and good to hear (I think) that it's still at least planned.

Hopefully it is further along than just the planning stage. Executive Replicas did grow quiet for some time, though.

Good to hear it's not dead. I definitely have it on my wishlist as I recently discovered that the silver finish on my Twinch Squad's suit was starting to flake off after 10 years on display in a detolf. I finally decided to repaint the entire suit with silver fabric paint. Here's some pics. I also added some boot extenders to fit a TrueType in the suit. Looks a bit funky but at least he's more in scale with my ER Dave and Frank.

IMG_2191.jpgIMG_2193.jpgIMG_2197.jpg

I had a talk with the boss, and yes- there is good news about the silver suit- but as Dr. Haywood Floyd said, "I'm sorry, but I'm not at liberty to discuss it."

I had a talk with the boss, and yes- there is good news about the silver suit- but as Dr. Haywood Floyd said, "I'm sorry, but I'm not at liberty to discuss it."

I was hoping to see/hear something at this year's SDCC. I assume the news is still good but still not available to share?

It's the 50th anniversary year. Lots of special screenings taking place around the world. Even Hallmark is releasing a 2001 Christmas ornament. I hope ER capitalizes on the event and gets the pre-order for Floyd up soon.

I was hoping to see/hear something at this year's SDCC. I assume the news is still good but still not available to share?

Has anyone had any pleather problems with the suits on these figures?

I think this line is shelved- tired of promises and "in the works" statements...

Back