Executive Replicas 2001 Space Odyssey Astronauts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone wants to sell your Dave Bowman figure please let me know, I just get started to addicted in 1/6 action figure.
And I found that the figure all around were sold out :(
So please send me a PM if you want to sell it, thanks !

17b7f1a2fd5c5dfdb59fa3c495c8e2f4.jpg

fefbefe8f005ca697caf152bbd26c2a3.jpg

97cc577b003a2da0a1a691b7d2e51f48.jpg
cabf0bf175cd269ad6110c52ea5b525b.jpg

c1f196ccfbfedb2d29fd21b54df79e23.jpg

ef6ca22239dbc1d0a492fff304f6f733.jpg

Someone must have been naughty and squirrelled away some pieces for posterity. Kubrick ordered everything destroyed so it couldn't show up in another production.....

Someone must have been naughty and squirrelled away some pieces for posterity. Kubrick ordered everything destroyed so it couldn't show up in another production.....

Rumors say that most of this stuff actually came from his own house.
I'm close to the people who arranged the show - that's how I know.

The company has announced that the 1/6 Monolith & Lunar Base has started shipping out. It's been almost a full year since I sculpted the prototype for them, so I'm really looking forward to getting that big box on my porch. (They're almost sold out, but not quite.)IMG_1719.JPG

Last edited:
At the time that photo was taken, I didn't yet have my Dave, Frank, and blue and green suits- otherwise I would have posed one in the photo for scale. The Monolith is huge though; 24 inches tall, plus it's lifted up on the base just a bit. I can't wait to display them all together!

I have a feeling that the monolith piece will have the smallest edition size of all.

It's still available at all the 1/6th scale figure sellers that I frequent. As impressive as it looks, the price is brutally high.

I received my monolith today, and I'm really happy with it. It has a nice smooth finish, sort of a dark graphite color, but not a trace of metal-flake in the paint- it looks fantastic. The base is cast in plastic I believe, and feels a lot lighter than the heavy solid polystone I was expecting. The solid acrylic monolith prototype I worked on weighed about 35 lbs, but this finished piece is very light; it must be hollow too, but no edge seams are visible at all. The bottom surface of the base has a thin layer of protective rubber padding, with the Executive Replicas and 2001 logos. The slot into which the monolith fits also has a protective inner lining of spunge rubber to prevent scratching. Overall a very nice item, if I do say so myself. This thing is huge!

The best thing about it is its impressive size and appearance, standing next to the various space suits. The second best thing is its lighter weight; it's nice to be able to pick it up without getting a hernia. When I first started working on this project, I was told that the monolith and base would be produced in solid acrylic and polystone, respectively. That would have made the total weight about 45 pounds. This finished set is nowhere near that, which is great.IMG_1768.JPGSorry about the crappy stove-top photography, but the display area I'm preparing for it isn't ready yet.

Last edited:
I have a feeling that the monolith piece will have the smallest edition size of all.

It's still available at all the 1/6th scale figure sellers that I frequent. As impressive as it looks, the price is brutally high.

Yeah I couldn't justify the price, even though it would of looked epic in a display.

I received my monolith today, and I'm really happy with it. It has a nice smooth finish, sort of a dark graphite color, but not metal-flaky. The base is cast in hollow plastic I believe, and feels a lot lighter than the heavy solid polystone I was expecting. The solid acrylic monolith prototype I worked on weighed about 35 lbs, but this finished piece is very light; it must be hollow too, but no edge seams are visible at all. The bottom surface of the base has a thin layer of protective rubber padding, with the Executive Replicas and 2001 logos. The slot into which the monolith fits also has a protective inner lining of spunge rubber to prevent scratching. Overall a very nice item, if I do say so myself.

The best thing about it is its impressive size and appearance, standing behind the various space suits. The second best thing is its lighter weight; it's nice to be able to pick it up without getting a hernia. When I first started working on this project, I was told that the monolith and base would be produced in solid acrylic and solid polystone, respectively. That would have made the total weight about 45 pounds. This finished set is nowhere near that, which is great.

Pictures please!
...and if someone’s selling the blue space suit, please let me know.

Last edited:
IMG_1771.jpgThis photo doesn't show the level of fine surface texture and detail on the moon base, and I really gave the surface a lot of attention during sculpting. Amazingly, the molding and casting process lost NONE of that detail.

Last edited:
Back