Executive Replicas 2001 Space Odyssey Astronauts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Monsters In Motion has every color figure and suit... Sadly, no silver. They do have a 1/6 scale monolith and moon base diorama for $299.99.
The silver suit will come eventually. Working for this company, I did the sculpture for the monolith and base. I received my green suit yesterday, and I'm very happy with it.

...but ...but ....wait how long!?
I'm not allowed to say... but it will come. In the meantime, here's sone 'food' for speculation: 05 - tray enclined shelves CLOSE-UP.jpg

I was able to trade in some older figures today at a local collectibles store and with the store credit picked up a couple of figures which included Frank Poole.

I love the packaging artwork. Beautiful job. The foam interior is both elegant and reminiscent of that found in the Hot Toys DX figures.

The figure itself does not have a lot of accessories for the price but what's there is well done.

If the pricing of Poole and Bowman had been $100 less each, I would have picked them up upon initial release. But at around $400 shipped, I passed until today, as the store credit and the under retail price provided me the opportunity to pick Poole up.

Now I feel the need to look for a Bowman to complete the set. Not sure if I can pull the trigger at retail, though...

I'm betting this has already been discussed somewhere in the last 65 pages or so of posts, but it's been a while since I looked in on this.

I've got blue, red, and yellow suits and would love to add the silver. It seems everyone would love to add the silver. When I checked out the latest offerings I was surprised to see a white suit, a black suit (because that makes sense in space), a green suit, and a PURPLE suit????

Can anyone shed some light on why these colors are out but not the silver??

I'm betting this has already been discussed somewhere in the last 65 pages or so of posts, but it's been a while since I looked in on this.

I've got blue, red, and yellow suits and would love to add the silver. It seems everyone would love to add the silver. When I checked out the latest offerings I was surprised to see a white suit, a black suit (because that makes sense in space), a green suit, and a PURPLE suit????

Can anyone shed some light on why these colors are out but not the silver??

Because the black and white were concept colors in development of the movie. The green is in the movie. The purple was produced and in the set but you never see it. Also besides that they only had to change the colors of the fabrics. The silver one needs new front and back pack.

Well that makes sense. Appreciate the information. I'd be curious to know how many of those have sold......

Because the black and white were concept colors in development of the movie. The green is in the movie. The purple was produced and in the set but you never see it. Also besides that they only had to change the colors of the fabrics. The silver one needs new front and back pack.

Well, seeing that I was able to get Poole a couple of weeks ago and Bowman is showing up as sold out at most places, I bit the bullet and ordered Bowman to complete the set. I didn't want to miss out on the main character while having Poole. I'll skip the skittles suits and pick up the silver one, once released.

Well, seeing that I was able to get Poole a couple of weeks ago and Bowman is showing up as sold out at most places, I bit the bullet and ordered Bowman to complete the set. I didn't want to miss out on the main character while having Poole. I'll skip the skittles suits and pick up the silver one, once released.

Where did you order?

Commander Bowman arrived today. Another beautiful box, to begin with.

Like Poole, not loaded with accessories but what's included is amazing.

Head sculpt was a mixed bag. The eyes were nicer than expected but the size of the sculpt was huge. Definitely out of scale.

But I am very glad to finally have Bowman and Poole in the collection. Hoping for the silver "Clavius" suit to be released soon.

Now just waiting for November for Mobieus's release of the "USSC Discovery One" kit.

Back