Executive Replicas 2001 Space Odyssey Astronauts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got in my ER Frank Poole figure. Very impressed with it overall. Some of the cons: The lower legs are a bit long, the plastic chest and back pack are a bit toy-ish looking and should have been painted orange instead. Otherwise a nice improvement over my old Twinch Squad figures. Helmet proportions are definitely better on the ER suit. Would love to get the Bowman head to upgrade my red suit. Anybody parting out their sets?
IMG_4360.JPGIMG_4354.JPGIMG_4355.JPGIMG_4356.JPGIMG_4357.JPGIMG_4358.JPGIMG_4359.JPG

Been waiting a LONG time to add a dave to my collection! I FINALLY got mine too! Its Such an amazing fig.. The legs do seem a little long, maybe one us will figure out a mod?? and the sculpt can use a repaint, but overall its a great looking fig...

Might have to see if I can hunt down a Dave Bowman figure. Is there a risk these suits will peel? They just look like that pleather type material that seems to peel for everyone from Hasbro to Hot Toys.

Also, any further word on the pod? That looked really cool.

Might have to see if I can hunt down a Dave Bowman figure. Is there a risk these suits will peel? They just look like that pleather type material that seems to peel for everyone from Hasbro to Hot Toys.

Also, any further word on the pod? That looked really cool.

From what i can see, they used reallly high quality pleather.. my family upholsteted cars for a number of years and the fabric looks identical to high quality auto pleather...so thats a good thing.. the pods are still available. I contacted the maker and he seems to runs a small operation and makes them one at a time.. the price i was quoted was near $600 shipped..

I opened my Dave Bowman and Frank Poole figures yesterday. Great figures but I do have a few nitpicks.

The details on the suit, accessories and helmet are impressive. What could've made these figures excellent if they had padded fat suit figure bodies to be movie accurate.

The legs are too long and I don't think there's a mod or fix for it. The boots are pegged and the leg pegs IIRC are one size. Plus the boot connects to the bottom of suit legs. The eyes on the head sculpt are too large and the skin tone is very tan.

The suits perhaps but the headsculpts look like Sideshow circa 2001 :lol

Agree. The head sculpts are absolutely terrible. I may try to get some new ones commissioned if enough folks jump on. I'll also eventually do a body swap.
Rate these 7/10 (9/10 for suits, 5/10 for bodies, 2/10 for heads)

Agree. The head sculpts are absolutely terrible. I may try to get some new ones commissioned if enough folks jump on. I'll also eventually do a body swap.
Rate these 7/10 (9/10 for suits, 5/10 for bodies, 2/10 for heads)

The sculptor i work with,Will Millar,can do a Dave for us. All we would have to do is split the costs in between 10 people... Your looking at around $65 +shipping per person... This is doable.... Heres some of the sculpts hes done for my projects this past year....

Once Upon a Time In The West SET
12768375_1026540250744810_4005563958841054029_o.jpg

DEADWOOD SET
13474166_1099411460124355_1591366839_n.jpg

Put me down for a Bowman head sculpt.

[QUOTE=siquisiri; The sculptor i work with,Will Millar,can do a Dave for us. All we would have to do is split the costs in between 10 people... Your looking at around $65 +shipping per person...

Would love to be able to swap between a regular Bowman head and an aged Bowman head to recreate the waiting room scene at the end of the film.

So, I think I found a way to make the legs look the right length. I removed the pegs and the lover part of the legs and exchanged them with a bit of blue tack. A tiny bit of plastic will break in the leg, but they were easy to remove and they can easily be glued back on.
Sorry about the bad phone pictures, but in hand this solves my main problem with this figure and he looks fantastic...
I will probably not do this to Poole as he is taller.
2016-07-17 14.19.28.jpg
2016-07-17 14.10.38.jpg

Attachments

• 2016-07-17 14.09.37-2.jpg
    2016-07-17 14.09.37-2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 313
Last edited:
...dammit. just unpacked my Poole and one of the connectors between the back pack and the suit is missing... Just wrote a message to ER, really hope they will send me a replacement. Did anyone else have a similar problem?
View attachment 277740

So, I think I found a way to make the legs look the right length. I removed the pegs and the lover part of the legs and exchanged them with a bit of blue tack. A tiny bit of plastic will break in the leg, but they were easy to remove and they can easily be glued back on.
Sorry about the bad phone pictures, but in hand this solves my main problem with this figure and he looks fantastic...
I will probably not do this to Poole as he is taller.
View attachment 277727
View attachment 277726

That looks better! thanks

Did anyone have any experience dealing with the ER customer service? Have been trying to contact them regarding a missing metal connector - still waiting to hear back and wondering if I will?

Did anyone have any experience dealing with the ER customer service? Have been trying to contact them regarding a missing metal connector - still waiting to hear back and wondering if I will?

I would contact GoHero and see if they can't rattle ER's cage. GoHero seems more active.

Back