Evil Dead (2013) Comic Con Trailer Footage

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll just watch Evil Dead instead. I'm good. You take the Sam Raimi out of a Sam Raimi movie...and you get crap. (like ASM...:lol)

What a piece of S__t... Oh my god I can't believe how bad that looks. I really hate how movies now are so stylish. Everyone is beautiful and the look is super sharp and everything is neat, I hate that about movies today. and it really sucks in here. everything look so stylish ruins this movie. even the demon girl doesn't look demonic enough but a stylized version of a demon....

Also, when you take the dark humor out of Evil Dead you just have your average run of the mill demonic movie. the very same thing Cabin in the woods was making fun of at the beginning of the movie when they chose the redneck zombie family in Cabin. It almost feels like the first half of Cabin could be a parody of this movie from this clip alone.

I know I know it might be too early to tell but that clip is making me stay as far away from this movie as possible.

I thought it looked good. I've already seen the original a million times, I guess I don't mind a fresh coat of paint.

I thought it looked good. I've already seen the original a million times, I guess I don't mind a fresh coat of paint.

Evil Dead has its fare share of dark humor. of even if it is not humor it never takes itself Too seriously. crazy things are happening and the movie is aware of it. That was the magic of Raimi, he didn't create a straight horror movie.
when you take that away and try to make it a straight horror movie like this POS is doing, it kinda misses the point completely, the same reason the Nightmare on Elm Street sucked so bad, it was a really horrible movie Because it lost that charm, everything was super stylish and they were taking themselves too seriously. it is not even about Freddy being funny or not it was about how the whole movie was made.

Let's be honest, it's largely nostalgia that makes that old house seem so cozy.
Impossible for me to say if that is the case or not, since I've been a fan of the franchise since I was 12 or so. But I don't think the huge underground following behind the trilogy is accidental. This new version just seems like a typical modern horror movie. The originals were campy, funny, and different. That's why they were special. If they were just more typical horror fare they would be lumped in with dozens of others from that decade that don't have nearly the fan support that the Evil Dead series has.

Evil Dead has its fare share of dark humor. of even if it is not humor it never takes itself Too seriously. crazy things are happening and the movie is aware of it. That was the magic of Raimi, he didn't create a straight horror movie.

I would certainly say that's true of the sequels, but not so much the original Evil Dead. Anything that comes off as camp or humorous in that one is due to the era in which it was made, and the poor production values. The original was just a straight horror movie, albeit with inventive camera work that set it apart from the other B horror fare of the time.

Not really. It's the camp of Raimi's direction and goo fetish mixed with Campbell's acting. As I said earlier, it looks like someone has taken this and Rob Zombified it.

I would certainly say that's true of the sequels, but not so much the original Evil Dead. Anything that comes off as camp or humorous in that one is due to the era in which it was made, and the poor production values. The original was just a straight horror movie, albeit with inventive camera work that set it apart from the other B horror fare of the time.

perhaps you are right, but Like Nam just said, he is right, this looks too stylish and everyone is so good looking and even the demon girl looks good even after possessed. she still looks like a model cutting her mouth and tongue open, that's my biggest problem, this feels like your typical pretty people horror movie of today.

maybe that's a sign of the times changing but I do not like it, I want my horror movies with a little bit more grit to them,

I disagree. Yes, the series got more explicitly comedic and exaggerated as the series went on, but even in ED1, Campbell's character and the nature of the gore, makeup, and zombie behavior seemed clearly exaggerated with comedic intent to my eyes. Even the tagline "the ultimate experience in grueling terror" was meant to be tongue-in-cheek, reflecting the over the top zaniness of the movie.

I'll just watch Evil Dead instead. I'm good. You take the Sam Raimi out of a Sam Raimi movie...and you get crap. (like ASM...:lol)

And I'll skip Raimi's version and probably enjoy the hell out of this one. :lol

I can't stand those movies. The camp, Bruce, all of it. This at least looks cool.

maybe that's a sign of the times changing but I do not like it, I want my horror movies with a little bit more grit to them,

Grit? The first movie was a gigantic JOKE IMO. Now I know people love those movies for their camp and jokes but grit is not something they had. :slap

Part of the charm of Raimi's films are the camp and Bruce Campbell and only Raimi can really pull of that combo.

That's why I love Drag me to Hell. It is pure Raimi right there but I also understand that it might not work for the younger "core" audience. I like how this remake takes the concept and signature style and turn it into something else entirely. I can't wait honestly and with Bruce Campbell producing, I know it will be quality stuff.

The way I look at it, maybe this is indeed made to cater for the modern crowd but if this turns out to be a success, people will want to find out more about the original and in turn the interest generated might finally get us Evil Dead 4!!!

And I'll skip Raimi's version and probably enjoy the hell out of this one. :lol

I can't stand those movies. The camp, Bruce, all of it. This at least looks cool.

I think our friendship may have just ended right there... :monkey2:monkey2

Back