Everything Cigars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks DA.

Actually there is a real nice cigar bar down the street from my cousin's house in San Diego that I now have an excuse to venture into. :yess:

Will do for sure. It's small, but it's a dive bar atmosphere with leather chairs for cigar smoking. Lot of cops hang out there the owner told me last time I was in there.

Just finished my 2nd Diesel Shorty this weekend and I feel great. I had one yesterday morning with a cup of Nespresso Arpeggio & this evening with a Guinness Black Lager. It doesn't get much better than that. :wink1:

some info on the coffee:
https://www.nespresso.com/#/fr/en/coffee_nespresso/grands_crus/espresso_arpeggio

b766f95498a6449f2fd087b5d72c412880a0a066.jpg

GuinnessBlackLager400.jpg

sp-j6b4560-10.jpg

Okay, so I just smoked the San Lotano Oval (no. 2) with the habano wrapper and it was kickass. Filled with peppery spice and earthy notes. Nothing too overpowering though. Only problem was the burn. I had to rotate it a lot to even out, but no big deal. Overall a fantastic smoke and I'm looking forward to smoking the other one I have. Also, I like the oval shape this cigar has and the draw is one of the best I've had. A nice thick white smoke and a salt n pepper ash that wouldn't fall off. I will take a picture of it next time. :lol

Here is the pic of the San Lotano Oval no.2 by A.J. Fernandez:

IMG_1865.JPG

I just finished smoking a CAO OSA Sol (no. 11) and had nothing interesting to offer in my opinion. The draw sucked and the notes were a boring earthy kinda smoke. Very tightly rolled as well and I had to massage the crap out of it. Very disappointing, but you win some and lose some. I have one more of those things too, but I can't ever see myself reaching for it. I give it a D rating.

cao-osa-sol.jpg

Another great review DA. Glad someone is keeping this thread alive :duff. I shared a similar experience with a cigar from the same company last night.

My review to come...

Another great review DA. Glad someone is keeping this thread alive :duff. I shared a similar experience with a cigar from the same company last night.

My review to come...
Looking forward to hearing about your experience with that brand. I know mine was something to forget about. :lol
To make up for the lousy cigar today, I decided to smoke a Diesel Shorty tonight. Fantastic as always!!! :yess:

First off, before I even get into the CAO Sopranos "Associate", I have to share my first experience with a moldy cigar. I decided to sit down with a cigar I've had in my humidor for about a year, the Arturo Fuente Anejo Reserva No. 46, which is a very high end cigar that retails for around $23. The cigar was wrapped in a nice cedar tube with a red ribbon. I had been saving it for quite some time and was very excited to finally sit down with it. As I pulled back the cedar tube, I noticed spots all over the foot of the cigar; low and behold, MOLD! :gah: A perfectly fine, high end smoke ruined.

66C1D3CF-E2F2-4C73-B845-7AC050C1CCEA-26532-00001137E158AD0C_zps2a8bb68b.jpg

6D6189A3-1B11-4C9F-9A18-50531BA58F66-26532-00001137EFD55486_zpsce691fab.jpg

FCF9E76B-44D2-4D5E-B1C7-0FB764E32300-26532-00001137F95CEE46_zpscc116b4a.jpg

I instantly ran to my humidor and checked to ensure my other sticks were fine and they were. My only inclination would be that the cigar had mold when my cousin bought it for me last year.

After the disappointment of mold and the near heart attack that the rest of my humidor had grown issues, I decided to smoke the CAO.

images

I've never been a true fan of CAO cigars and probably should have known this one wouldn't be great either, but at nearly $15 a stick retail you would think it is a really good cigar...WRONG!

As DEATHASYLUM Pointed out in his review of the CAO Sol, there was nothing special about this cigar. The Associate has a tough draw, a very mild taste without any other changes or palate boosters that really get your sense of taste and smell going. This cigar was mediocre at best. The worst part about it was the fact that it had no finish. You have to take huge drags on the thing just to get some smoke in your mouth, only to have next to nothing come out on the exhale/retrohale.

This isn't the worst cigar I've had, but is surely isn't the best. Would I pay $15 for one? No way, I can think of so many other cheaper cigars that I love more than this one.

Overall, I guess you could say that my cigar experience was a pretty big letdown yesterday. The only fun part about it was watching my daughter through the sliding glass door make face at me.

Arturo Fuente Anejo - N/A (so wish I could have smoked it)

CAO Sopranos Edition Associate - C+ (the plus is only because the name rocks and the box it came it looks like the trunk of an old 1960s Impala)

First off, before I even get into the CAO Sopranos "Associate", I have to share my first experience with a moldy cigar. I decided to sit down with a cigar I've had in my humidor for about a year, the Arturo Fuente Anejo Reserva No. 46, which is a very high end cigar that retails for around $23. The cigar was wrapped in a nice cedar tube with a red ribbon. I had been saving it for quite some time and was very excited to finally sit down with it. As I pulled back the cedar tube, I noticed spots all over the foot of the cigar; low and behold, MOLD! :gah: A perfectly fine, high end smoke ruined.

66C1D3CF-E2F2-4C73-B845-7AC050C1CCEA-26532-00001137E158AD0C_zps2a8bb68b.jpg

6D6189A3-1B11-4C9F-9A18-50531BA58F66-26532-00001137EFD55486_zpsce691fab.jpg

FCF9E76B-44D2-4D5E-B1C7-0FB764E32300-26532-00001137F95CEE46_zpscc116b4a.jpg

I instantly ran to my humidor and checked to ensure my other sticks were fine and they were. My only inclination would be that the cigar had mold when my cousin bought it for me last year.

After the disappointment of mold and the near heart attack that the rest of my humidor had grown issues, I decided to smoke the CAO.

images

I've never been a true fan of CAO cigars and probably should have known this one wouldn't be great either, but at nearly $15 a stick retail you would think it is a really good cigar...WRONG!

As DEATHASYLUM Pointed out in his review of the CAO Sol, there was nothing special about this cigar. The Associate has a tough draw, a very mild taste without any other changes or palate boosters that really get your sense of taste and smell going. This cigar was mediocre at best. The worst part about it was the fact that it had no finish. You have to take huge drags on the thing just to get some smoke in your mouth, only to have next to nothing come out on the exhale/retrohale.

This isn't the worst cigar I've had, but is surely isn't the best. Would I pay $15 for one? No way, I can think of so many other cheaper cigars that I love more than this one.

Overall, I guess you could say that my cigar experience was a pretty big letdown yesterday. The only fun part about it was watching my daughter through the sliding glass door make face at me.

Arturo Fuente Anejo - N/A (so wish I could have smoked it)

CAO Sopranos Edition Associate - C+ (the plus is only because the name rocks and the box it came it looks like the trunk of an old 1960s Impala)

Well written Sean. Sounds like we both experienced a huge let down with CAO. I will not be smoking anything by those guys in the future. I think the real bummer here is the moldy cigar though. I can only imagine the horror, of seeing that thing emerge from the cedar tube covered in mold. I would have sh** myself running to check on my other cigars. Thankfully the mold didn't spread to your other smokes, or humi. That would have been catastrophic. Getting back to CAO, how does a cigar company stay in business when you need the lungs of Franco Columbu to smoke it? :dunno

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfc5wNClQpo[/ame]

:lol :lol :goodpost: :lol :lol

It wasn't that bad, but your point is well taken. :lol. I've had some that felt like I had to drag that hard just to pull the tiniest bit of smoke. Win some and lose some my friend. This weekend we both lost. :(

:lol :lol :goodpost: :lol :lol

It wasn't that bad, but your point is well taken. :lol. I've had some that felt like I had to drag that hard just to pull the tiniest bit of smoke. Win some and lose some my friend. This weekend we both lost. :(

1 outta 3 this weekend. The Perdomo was better than the CAO, but puffin on those 2 cigars this weekend made my jaw sore. :lol The Perdomo is an awesome smoke if you get a nicely rolled one. That was more disappointing than the CAO cause I know how good the 20th Anniversary is. :gah: The San Lotano Oval is freaking awesome though and you should try the habano wrapper next time, instead of the maduro one. :wink1:

Back