Everything Cigars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a pretty sweet tobacco shop here. But whenever I go in the cigar room I'm not sure what's good or bad. :lol

Any suggestions on a relatively low priced, good cigar?

We have a pretty sweet tobacco shop here. But whenever I go in the cigar room I'm not sure what's good or bad. :lol

Any suggestions on a relatively low priced, good cigar?

I live in Los Angeles...so there a tabacco store pretty much every other block. :lol

Try the ACID's man. Good taste, thick smoke. Really good cigars and about $13 a pop.

View attachment 50573
My brother-in-law just took these back for me from Cuba. I really enjoy Cigars but only on special occasions, I don't smoke them regularly because there so expensive were I live. It was about 3 years ago when I went to Cuba when I smoked my 1st one, it's funny you go to a bar or restaurant out there & you'll be given a complementary Cigar it's great. Last time I bought a couple over here was when I was in a Cuban bar in Camden & they cost me £50 for 2.

After talking with my buddy jimmie dimmick this week, I decided to hit up the local cigar shop in town. I went to this little hole in the wall place about 5 minutes from my home to check out their cigar selection. I enter the store and I am greeted by a lady from the walking dead. She looks like she has been smoking for nearly a century, yet she is still alive. I wanted to turn and run back to my car, but the cigars caught my eye. So I was polite and smiled back and headed to the cigar room. I told her I am turning 40 in a few weeks and would like to know what are some of your best selling cigars. I mention a few brands that jimmie recommended to me, but all I got was a blank stare with a shrug. Okay then, well maybe you can show me your best in stock. She tells me that all these cigars are good and points in a circular motion around the room. I then realize that I am on my own. Good thing I read up on some top cigars, before going to this place. I see a small section with a Montecristo cigars sign and head over to look at them. I carefully look at the supply and I see a box of their Epic premium selection in 5'', 6'', & 7''. The prices very from $15-$25 depending on size. Since I only smoke occasionally I decide on the small one for $15. I pick it up and hand it to the lady for purchase. We walk to the register and she tells me cigars are not healthy and I should not smoke them. WTF kind of sales person is this driving business away, especially when it looks like death is knocking on her door. I really don't get people and was surprised to hear that coming out of her mouth, but I was polite and told her I only smoke every once in awhile. She puts it in a bag with some matches and a complimentary cigar cutter and rings me in. She then asks why I am going to smoke it alone and why not buy another. :slap She just told me not to smoke one then tries to sell me another. Idiot. I finish the purchase and head home to smoke this thing. I pair it up with a Guinness beer and stepped outside into my backyard. Okay, now for the mini review of the Montecristo EPIC premium select & description:

Montecristo Epic

The task of creating Montecristo Epic was assigned to a special team of our most skilled and accomplished cigar makers – our Grupo de Maestros. These artisans, with centuries of combined experience and love of the craft, were brought together to create a true masterpiece the Montecristo Epic.

Every step of the process is performed with meticulous attention to detail and obsessive devotion. Each super-premium Montecristo Epic is made with the finest aged tobaccos and carefully hand-inspected to ensure quality. Every beautiful box includes a certificate of authenticity signed by the artisan at every key step during the making of this exquisite cigar.

True to its name, the Epic is fuller-bodied than other Montecristos and provides a robust blend of complex flavors. One draw elicits wonderfully rich notes of chocolate, nuts, coffee, fruit, and caramel. The smoke is wonderfully round and aromatic. This is a cigar so special, so unique, so select, it needs to be experienced. It’s Epic.

Wrapper: Select Ecuadorian Habano Binder: Nicaraguan Filler: Special Selection of Vintage Nicaraguan and Dominican Tobaccos

That is a dam good description from the makers isn't it. :wink1: I light it up, which took 3 matches cause a freaking tropic thunder windstorm hit my outside deck when I went to light. I had to kneel down to get this thing lit, but I got a nice even burn and began my EPIC journey. The cigar was smooth with each puff and had a nice aroma. The taste was consistent throughout the entire cigar and definitely had a unique flavor. I enjoyed a couple of Guinness beers with it and they paired nicely together. Overall I was pretty happy with my decision and recommend it to anyone interested in a nice cigar at a decent price.

montecristoepic-225.jpg

Great review DEATHASYLUM! :clap :clap

I have now added a Montecristo Epic to my "must try" list. :yess:

You have inspired me to set aside some time to have a smoke this evening. Good way to end the weekend.

Didn't get to smoke last night but I am enjoying a nice La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel on my patio with a glass of cognac.

First 1/3 complete and was very spicy with peppery notes. Consistent burn and a very long finish which is a plus. Also I have to note this is one of the most oily sticks I've ever had.

DA86EE92-E252-4869-B05B-F48486DFB0C0-12038-00000A1BBE4E81AF_zpsb66d0f38.jpg

F099031B-6550-4013-9F81-EC6645E466BC-12090-00000A22F0A5B55D_zpsf2a2ed02.jpg

I can almost see my reflection in that oily stick. :lol I take it the cigar was dam good up until the last puff and is in your rotation. I am thinking about another trip to the shop this weekend and enjoying another smoke. :yess: Definitely not looking forward to the crypt keeper, but I need to get something good. No liquor store stogie for me. :lol

I don't collect them, but smoke them, not often though. I will tell everyone here that Cuban cigars are the way to go. The climate, soil...everything about Cuban cigars...Wow...

I don't collect them, but smoke them, not often though. I will tell everyone here that Cuban cigars are the way to go. The climate, soil...everything about Cuban cigars...Wow...

If you can get your hands on some to smoke they are fantastic. Too bad I can't buy one down the street at the local shop. I was fortunate enough to get a couple to enjoy with my brother in law, back in November. It was great to end our Thanksgiving Holiday, with a nice Cuban cigar and cold beer.:)

Many cigars from the Dominican Republic are just as good. They are grown in the same climate using the same techniques and are created from many people who learned the craft from Cuban growers/rollers.

It's the fact that they are illegal in the US which makes them so much more desired.

Many cigars from the Dominican Republic are just as good. They are grown in the same climate using the same techniques and are created from many people who learned the craft from Cuban growers/rollers.

It's the fact that they are illegal in the US which makes them so much more desired.

:goodpost: There are plenty of well made cigars from all over Central America too. I thought this was interesting, so I will post it here. A nice 2012 list of 25 cigars from all over the world. I like that they give lots of info on each one & price.:wink1:

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/cigars/top25detail/year/2012/rank/25

In relation to the article you posted, I've had:
#25 - San Lotano Oval Corona
#18 - Olivia Serie V Belicoso

Can't remember which one i liked more. I really need to write this stuff down. :slap

In relation to the article you posted, I've had:
#25 - San Lotano Oval Corona
#18 - Olivia Serie V Belicoso

Can't remember which one i liked more. I really need to write this stuff down. :slap

:exactly: You did create this thread for that. :lol I would love to read about each one too. I am not sure what I will get on Saturday, but I will see if they have anything on that list. If not, then I'm sure I will find something interesting to try.

:lol I did create this for that reason except I typically enjoy an adult beverage or two with my smokes and forget to jot down my thoughts as I go. As you can see from that last cigar I smoked I never finished the review :lol

Back