Everyone's Motherload of Hobbit Goodies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_7406_zpsd1605835.jpg

IMG_7404_zpsf4e06ead.jpg

IMG_7401_zpsac6f8b40.jpg

IMG_7397_zps596bdeec.jpg

IMG_7396_zpsca1fcb9a.jpg

IMG_7392_zps588d74c1.jpg

IMG_7390_zps5075bf93.jpg

IMG_7375_zps6f3fde46.jpg

IMG_7385_zpsa41cfe76.jpg

That Map and Key set looks great,
but something makes me want the Weta ones more. :D

It really is a fantastic set and for only $80 it's a good deal I think. The Weta Key which I also have is awesome. I also have the parchment map which is really superb as well, but at somepoint I'm getting the other one.

I have to admit I love having all of them. :lol

I really like the look of the Dwarvish sword. I have a hard time understanding the dimensions of Thorin's map. I've got my own set-up ready for Weta's replica whenever it gets here, but this looks pretty cool.

It really is a fantastic set and for only $80 it's a good deal I think. The Weta Key which I also have is awesome. I also have the parchment map which is really superb as well, but at somepoint I'm getting the other one.

I have to admit I love having all of them. :lol

Do you know if someone made a comparison review between the Parchment and the Prop replica of Thror's Map?

Both are the same size and both had the moon runes so i thought
the parchment was a no brainer :lol

I'm gonna go with wall mounting the weta map and key with orcrist and glamdring on either side:D

I'm gonna go with wall mounting the weta map and key with orcrist and glamdring on either side:D

:lol same idea, but my funds for Hobbit are limited that I can only afford one of the two.

I'm now leaning on getting Glamdring as it's one of two swords (Sting) that would appear in all six films.
(I already own the MR light up Sting from LOTR :D)

:lol same idea, but my funds for Hobbit are limited that I can only afford one of the two.

I'm now leaning on getting Glamdring as it's one of two swords (Sting) that would appear in all six films.
(I already own the MR light up Sting from LOTR :D)

Yeah I'm gonna get one at the start of the year hopefully then the other later down the line.

Hi all. Obviously new here so Merry Christmas. Just ordered Thorin's map from Weta. Before I ordered, I did a few versions myself. They are done on the same watercolor paper that the prop is printed on. For the last one (pics below), I ended up tracing the mountain, hand with runes, spider and Smaug then replacing my drawings of them. I wanted to get the look that Daniel drew exact. Anyway, I got a bonus at work and just ordered the prop. The runes are done the same way. (Back is black)

Ah, seems I can only upload one photo, so here is my latest attempt.

Last edited:
Back