Statue Kotobukiya 1/7 Scale Darth Vader ArtFX A New Hope

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is on the way. Thanks Weasel :duff

You're welcome! I received mine yesterday. I was surprised at how big the box is!

vader 3 (3).jpg

I got home from work, & lookie what was waiting for me :yess:
IMG_0734.jpg

IMG_0735.JPG

I have to say, for the price, this is a fantastic piece. I thought I was going to destroy it trying to put the head on (by the way - before you PUT the head on - put the cape on first), but it survived.

I've decided I'm going to ruffly paint that right tusk. It needs it.

A few minutes later.....
DSCF0713.jpg

DSCF0714.jpg

DSCF0716.jpg

I still need to pop the dome off & reposition it. Aaaaand I'm tempted to paint the scar on the cheek. But, I'm very much enjoying this piece.

I can not get his head to go on. I'm so afraid I'm going to snap that peg right off.

You can try to soften the plastic of the head with a hairdryer or hot water. It should help. ;)

The same can also be done to reshape the cape that often don't fall properly on the right arm.

Congrats to all that are getting this cool statue! :)

You can try to soften the plastic of the head with a hairdryer or hot water. It should help. ;)

The same can also be done to reshape the cape that often don't fall properly on the right arm.

Congrats to all that are getting this cool statue! :)

Thanks for the tip! I'll give that a try!

I have this coming in this week. Too good of a price too pass up on amazon. He will go well with the other Vader's in this line and the Boba Fett I have

Kotobukiya totally killed their sales with poor promo shots. The statue looks way better in hand.

Plus, it's funny (or sad?) to see how Koto went the extra mile to sculpt and paint details just to hide them by glueing the helmet on. I removed it today and there's a peg that still holds it firmly in place, even with the glue gone.

Anyway, here are some pics for those of you who are curious:

hi.just curious,was it hard to take off the helmet and what did u use ?
planning to do that. thx

hi.just curious,was it hard to take off the helmet and what did u use ?
planning to do that. thx

Well, it's only really a matter of pulling hard and I must say it holds pretty well. Strong glue they put in there.

Thing is the dome and mask are linked by a deep peg/key system that mostly prevents from twisting and tilting back and forth and side to side, so it's quite hard to get the glue to "crack" and let go.

Well, it's only really a matter of pulling hard and I must say it holds pretty well. Strong glue they put in there.

Thing is the dome and mask are linked by a deep peg/key system that mostly prevents from twisting and tilting back and forth and side to side, so it's quite hard to get the glue to "crack" and let go.

Thanks ! :wave no idea why they did that,there is so much detail in there.
they only sculpted the back of the head ?wouldn't be surprised if there is a face hidden in there :dunno

Curious about the differences with the 1st version. I know the first version doesn't look like the inaccurate proto and images shown online, was better

Back