Statue Kotobukiya 1/7 Scale Darth Vader ArtFX A New Hope

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love mine, but wow, that head was really hard to get on! Love the pose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The head is really hard to get on, heck I'm not even sure mine is on all the way but I'm afraid to push down on it any harder.

I love mine, but wow, that head was really hard to get on! Love the pose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:lecture I just read those words and my mind went straight to the gutter. LOL!

Where's my medication.....

The head is really hard to get on, heck I'm not even sure mine is on all the way but I'm afraid to push down on it any harder.

You guys are killing me over here! :lol

:lol Putting that head on sure is a pain in the neck. (pun intented)

More pics of mine below. I have some minor nitpicks (such as the head a bit too deep in the helmet and the gloves a bit too shiny IMHO) but I'm really satisfied with this purchase. It simply does the job. By some aspects, it even makes my Mythos Vader look pale in comparison (literally :lol ).

Darth Vader, on Flickr​

Kotobukiya totally killed their sales with poor promo shots. The statue looks way better in hand.

Plus, it's funny (or sad?) to see how Koto went the extra mile to sculpt and paint details just to hide them by glueing the helmet on. I removed it today and there's a peg that still holds it firmly in place, even with the glue gone.

Anyway, here are some pics for those of you who are curious:

And one more with the helmet on:

Kotobukiya totally killed their sales with poor promo shots. The statue looks way better in hand.

I don't think it helps that Vader is the last character that needed to be revisited in this scale in the first place. It's frustrating, because they'll probably look at the sluggish sales for this one and decide the demand for the larger ArtFX statues isn't there, when the truth is that a lot of collectors just weren't very jazzed about this piece. Hopefully the Kylo Ren statue will do better for them.

Plus, it's funny (or sad?) to see how Koto went the extra mile to sculpt and paint details just to hide them by glueing the helmet on. I removed it today and there's a peg that still holds it firmly in place, even with the glue gone.

Anyway, here are some pics for those of you who are curious:

And one more with the helmet on:

Interesting that they did that!
Thanks for sharing.

another big thank you. Missed out when thinkgeek had him on sale, and this is even cheaper !

Damnit! I decided not to get this, but at that price, can I still say no?

Back