Everyone's Motherload of Hobbit Goodies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now my hobbit haul:
Most of the figures from The Bridge Direct
Thorin Oakenshield Comic-Con Ex from Weta
The Hobbit Art Print Comic-Con Ex from Weta Auto by Richard Taylor
Gandalf The Grey from Weta
Bilbo Baggins from Weta
2x Film Cell Frames from Film Cell Ltd.
Hobbit Art Book Special Edition From Weta
Hobbit Art Book via Amazon
2013 Wall Calendar
Hobbit Movie Story Book
The Hobbit Annual
Hobbit Movie Guide
Hobbit World of Hobbits Book
Hobbit Visual Companion
Official T-Shirt from WB shop

New Items
Sting from The Bridge Direct
Bilbo Baggins Contract from Noble Collection
Thorin's Map and Key from Noble
Thorin's Sword Letter Opener Noble
Glamdring, Sting, Orcrist Letter Opener Set from Noble
Key to Erebor keychain from Noble
Gandalf's Pipe from Noble
Map of the Shire from Weta (B-day gift from the folks)
Thorin's Map from Weta (B-day gift from the folks)
Key to Erebor from Weta (B-day gift from the folks)
TORn The Hobbit magazine
Empire Magazine (all 5 covers and IPad version)
The Hobbit soundtrack regular
The Hobbit Deluxe soundtrack

Thanks to some amazing generosity of people I did not have to pay for some of these items.

Last edited:
Ordered the Badali Arkenstone as I think it represents very well the image I have of it from the book. The film version may well be much grander, but this one has really hit the spot (for now )
Through ordering this, I started thinking about 'book' versus 'film' items and wondered how many people will buy items based on one or the other or both?

From the Badali collection, The Arkenstone of Thrain. Solid little box about 5 x 5 inches with brass fittings. The scribing on the top says 'Arkenstone' in Anglo Saxon if I'm not mistaken :dunno

Great weight to the crystal stone and just the size I pictured it from the book.

DSC03577.jpg

DSC03579.jpg

DSC03580.jpg

DSC03585.jpg

DSC03581.jpg

Very tricky piece to capture the rainbow colours the 'stone' throws off under light but I had a go whilst the boys were fighting over it.

DSC03591.jpg

DSC03608.jpg

OOPs! :horror

DSC03610.jpg

New Items
Sting from The Bridge Direct
Bilbo Baggins Contract from Noble Collection
Thorin's Map and Key from Noble
Thorin's Sword Letter Opener Noble
Glamdring, Sting, Orcrist Letter Opener Set from Noble
Key to Erebor keychain from Noble
Gandalf's Pipe from Noble
Map of the Shire from Weta (B-day gift from the folks)
Thorin's Map from Weta (B-day gift from the folks)
Key to Erebor from Weta (B-day gift from the folks)
TORn The Hobbit magazine
Empire Magazine (all 5 covers and IPad version)

Thanks to some amazing generosity of people I did not have to pay for some of these items.

Wow! Nice haul Josh from the hobbit hole (it rhymes :lol)! I wish I also knew the people you know! :wink1: There's a lot of nice items from Noble Collection I'd like to get but it sucks that they don't ship to Australia.:( I didn't even know until I saw your post that The Hobbit soundtrack is already up for PO on Amazon! :yess:

Wow! Nice haul Josh from the hobbit hole (it rhymes :lol)! I wish I also knew the people you know! :wink1: There's a lot of nice items from Noble Collection I'd like to get but it sucks that they don't ship to Australia.:( I didn't even know until I saw your post that The Hobbit soundtrack is already up for PO on Amazon! :yess:

Yeah, its not bad so far. I'm rebuilding my The Lord of the Rings collection after being dumb and selling much of it for a girl and the chance to build an equally awesome The Hobbit collection gives me great joy. Middle-earth is a subject that means so very much to me and I want my collection to be superb. I'm blessed is all I can say. :) That is a bummer because they turn out some really nice stuff. I just happen to notice that the other day when I was searching Amazon.

Yeah, its not bad so far. I'm rebuilding my The Lord of the Rings collection after being dumb and selling much of it for a girl and the chance to build an equally awesome The Hobbit collection gives me great joy. Middle-earth is a subject that means so very much to me and I want my collection to be superb. I'm blessed is all I can say. :) That is a bummer because they turn out some really nice stuff. I just happen to notice that the other day when I was searching Amazon.

Sorry to hear that Josh, i.e. about the selling part, though I can't connect the dots with your selling your collection for a girl :horror (I could only think that she didn't approve of your collection), and I understand it's quite personal. That's why you can't serve two masters at the same time :lol. At least this collection can't hurt you (only your wallet :slap). Well, in my case, no girls involved - I'm just late into this collecting thing. That's why with The Hobbit now, if I like the stuff that's out, then I'll get it before it disappears and be expensive on the secondary market. I love anything and everything associated with Middle Earth! :wink1:
Btw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you Josh! Have a good one mate! :duff

Sorry to hear that Josh, i.e. about the selling part, though I can't connect the dots with your selling your collection for a girl :horror (I could only think that she didn't approve of your collection), and I understand it's quite personal. That's why you can't serve two masters at the same time :lol. At least this collection can't hurt you (only your wallet :slap). Well, in my case, no girls involved - I'm just late into this collecting thing. That's why with The Hobbit now, if I like the stuff that's out, then I'll get it before it disappears and be expensive on the secondary market. I love anything and everything associated with Middle Earth! :wink1:
Btw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you Josh! Have a good one mate! :duff

Yeah, that wasn't one of my brightest moves ever. :lol There are several reasons but thankfully she's not a problem anymore. :lol I hear ya get in now because playing catch up or going back can be an issue. Thankfully we have great items coming from Weta and Sideshow is doing some amazing work in their The Lord of the Rings line. Thank you so much. :) I will try. :hi5:

New Items

Do we know anything more about The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey soundtrack? Besides having 2 versions (I wonder what the extras are in the Deluxe), new compositions by Howard Shore, song Misty Mountains Cold (I would presume it would be there), and end credits song by singer Neil Finn?

No, that's all I know of at this point. I would assume that just before it comes out we will get the full track listings.

The Badali Arkenstone and the box looks really nice DaveMac. Will this be the movie version Arkenstone or inspired by it? Do they ship internationally?

Thanks. It's inspired by the description given by Tolkien in the book. I'm sure PJ and WETA will have their own version for the films but this version really caught my attention as it seems a more 'personal' version as opposed to something that needs to serve as a visual prop for the big screen initially. :)

Hello everyone! Today I received my Weta's Key To Erebor prop replica. :yess: It's a beautiful piece - made of metal, highly detailed, heavy and huge! I was surprised how big it is - almost the size of my palm. :wink1: Great job Weta! :clap

8149038804_1e587b681e_b.jpg

8149009569_1bc7c80a7b_b.jpg

8149040270_79c6a30638_b.jpg

8149011145_1db9a53950_b.jpg

I'm waiting for mine to show up...I should have already after paying for it 10 days ago...hmmm...Looks great though

Last edited:
I'm waiting for mine to show up...It should have already...hmmm...Looks great though

Maybe there's a slight delay in delivery bec. of the recent hurricane. Don't worry it will turn up very soon. :wink1:

That does look good. I got one for my b-day and just waiting for it to arrive.

Yay Josh! :hi5: It's very nice, much better in person. For the price of only $30, it's truly worth it! :clap Hope you'll get very soon.

I know! :hi5: It looks really cool and for the price it's a total steal. Really looking forward to getting it. Thanks! I was really glad I got some cash to get this item. :rock

Back