EU Warehouse problems

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Synergy said:
Fair enough thanks for clearing that up for me:eek: , I don't subscribe to their news letter so wouldn't know if they had or hadn't made mention to this in their news letter.

But theres many posters across most boards asking the same questions and they do recieve these news letters so how have they missed this.

Don't answer ......it could open a whole new can of worms:rotfl

May be newsletters aren't answer of getting this message a cross I just hope all involved have learn't a lesson....... yes myself included

The newsletter should be your first line of communication with Sideshow. You will find out everything well before it is posted on the site, and that is the way Sideshow intends it to be. They want Newsletter subscribers to get the information first!

To be honest, the info about the EU warehouse was probably posted on the site as well, but I can't confirm that.

I think the most important lesson here, is that this is an "unofficial" Sideshow board and the SS employees that do frequent here, do it because they want to. They don't have to come here at all, and that is why Chicky, Dusty and the others have repeatedly reminded people to use the Customer Service forms, emails or phone them directly with issues instead of bringing them up in the forums. I can understand that on the surface, it appears to be an official board for Sideshow, especially to anyone who may be new to the board. And, let me add, threads of this nature have a value to the board and probably even to Sideshow, as long as we can keep the discussion civil and give good constructive ideas or present any issue in a manner that evokes discussion and solutions.

I really hope I didn't make too many of the EU members angry, but I just wanted to state my opinion. Hopefully the issues will be cleared up and this can just go away.

lcummins said:
I really hope I didn't make too many of the EU members angry, but I just wanted to state my opinion. Hopefully the issues will be cleared up and this can just go away.

As you are not affected by all the mess i cant be angry at you.

I gave up writing mails. At a certain point it needed to find out if you are alone with that problems. That can be done easy, thanks to the internet, by opening a thread about it. And as everybody could see, a lot of people in the eu are blessed.

I dont mind if an item is not shipped that fast from the warehouse. It is really hard to find good people who do this hard work for that little money. In china you can find 1001 people painting for 50cents a day, but not a worker in gb..

I am really angry about the changes which were made to shipping and charging. And this wasnt said in any newsletter from ss. And i, and every well thinking human being, know why.

Who would be happy to be charged weeks, nearly months, before the items arrives? And to say this problem is made in gb is a lie!

As my spoken english is even worse than my written, :lol , i wont call sideshow. If there was a way to, i would really like to tell them what i think about the new features sideshow has.

OK, to cancel all the stuff would be great. i would rather pay money to a german seller than to sideshow, but what about the exclusive version? Smart move to sell them only directly.

In some way i am happy that i thought about all the stuff i had on preorder. Otherwise i never had thought about buying more Bowen Stuff of the nice, really large, Hammer from Thor.

It was never my intention to hurt the feelings of a person at sideshow blame it to my language or my credit card bill :)

:peace Chucky

Dom

Hey Dom, I truly hope your items start shipping very soon, and maybe the policy of charging a long time ahead of shipping was only due to the warehouse problems and will improve soon. Good luck to you guys. The only thing I can say now is, at least the wait is worth it for some of the pieces you are waiting on!!! :rock

Chicky said:
However, if this is the way that you do feel, I advise that you cancel your orders with us immediately and purchase from a local store, which with you would feel more comfortable. We in no way would like to continue a relationship in which you were distrustful of us nor where we had to deal with your assumptions and negativity.

Sorry I don't really agree with what your saying here - is this good business sense. Is this your opinion or is this indicative of Sideshow Collectibles. When I recently worked part time as a sales assistant in retail, Woolworths (I know it's hardly the same but still essentially a retailer) in the UK, if I told people where to stick their custom - no matter how rude they were to me or the business (however verbal aggression is a different matter), I would've been shown the door. (Is this just me?)

I agree this thread started off with someone wanting to check whether other people were receiving similar problems, which was perfectly within their right and did simply get out of hand.

I'll continue shopping with Sideshow, I like the company and like the customer service (Cindy rocks and has great customer service skills) and the exclusives. As I said all along it's a reputable company and not just some Joe Bloggs from ebay.

Well done Sideshow on doing something about the EU warehouse though and thanks for coming on the board, because you don't have to and i'm sure you don't do it during work hours (yeah right :lol )

We respect your opinion to disagree!

However, Sideshow believes that if you do not trust the person or company you are spending your money with, then choose to shop another location. If after we explained that improvements are in progress and you do not have the inclination to wait for results or feel that you should have to, then what other solution is there then to cancel your orders with us and place them elsewhere?

We are a private business which is a bit different from a mass chain store. We hopefully deliver a more personalized service and are able to make quick changes based on customer feedback. Although, we serve our customers in the best capacity that we can and will also rectify any situation that may go awry to the best of our ability, we are not under any obligation to take abusiveness of the clients in any form. It seems that in big chain stores it has become ok for people to lack common courtesy and become rude to the people that are there to assist them.

The point of the post was that changes are occurring in the EU warehouse and to request a little more patience with us. We are here to help you, but cannot always do so through a message board. Therefore, please always contact us directly via phone or e-mail. If you feel that your message is not being responded to, please e-mail again and specifically request for your e-mail to be bumped up to a manager. It will be addressed. All of our e-mail to customer service is responded to, as long as we have valid return information.

Best,
Chicky
Sideshow

Chicky said:

However, Sideshow believes that if you do not trust the person or company you are spending your money with, then choose to shop another location. If after we explained that improvements are in progress and you do not have the inclination to wait for results or feel that you should have to, then what other solution is there then to cancel your orders with us and place them elsewhere?

We are a private business which is a bit different from a mass chain store. We hopefully deliver a more personalized service and are able to make quick changes based on customer feedback. Although, we serve our customers in the best capacity that we can and will also rectify any situation that may go awry to the best of our ability, we are not under any obligation to take abusiveness of the clients in any form. It seems that in big chain stores it has become ok for people to lack common courtesy and become rude to the people that are there to assist them.

The point of the post was that changes are occurring in the EU warehouse and to request a little more patience with us. We are here to help you, but cannot always do so through a message board. Therefore, please always contact us directly via phone or e-mail. If you feel that your message is not being responded to, please e-mail again and specifically request for your e-mail to be bumped up to a manager. It will be addressed. All of our e-mail to customer service is responded to, as long as we have valid return information.

Best,
Chicky
Sideshow

Thanks for taking the time to respond to all the flak you are getting on this issue Chicky.

I've been watching this thread with interest and TBH it seems to be a, unfortunately, very vocal minority, expressing their opinions so please don't take it to heart.

The majority of you EU customers (myself included) are very happy with the service received from SSC (Cindy especially going above and beyond when I last had a problem!!!!) and know that the new changes implemented will speed things up considerably.

Again, Id like to express my thanks to you and the rest of the SSC management team for taking our initial concerns to the table and doing something to rectify them.

It's heartening in this world of faceless corporations and crappy customer service that a company take the time to do this and interact with customers on a forum such as this.

Keep on doing what you do...(but see if you can push them to release a new Jason won't you????? LOL)

abstractharmony said:
Thanks for taking the time to respond to all the flak you are getting on this issue Chicky.

I've been watching this thread with interest and TBH it seems to be a, unfortunately, very vocal minority, expressing their opinions so please don't take it to heart.

The majority of you EU customers (myself included) are very happy with the service received from SSC (Cindy especially going above and beyond when I last had a problem!!!!) and know that the new changes implemented will speed things up considerably.

Again, Id like to express my thanks to you and the rest of the SSC management team for taking our initial concerns to the table and doing something to rectify them.

It's heartening in this world of faceless corporations and crappy customer service that a company take the time to do this and interact with customers on a forum such as this.

Keep on doing what you do...(but see if you can push them to release a new Jason won't you????? LOL)

I agree with you that when called upon Cindy is very helpful and this again was not a thread started for the purposes of bashing SS.

But i disagree with you that this is a minority. As has been stated on numerous occassions only a very small number of SS's customers post here so we do not know the extent of the delays but it has been indicated in phone conversations that there is a substantial backlog.

Why is it unfortunate? If you had almost $1500 items paid for but not delievered and some of those items are almost 2 months paid for would you not be somewhat annoyed? Again i repeat what i stated earlier we can do nothing but give SS some time to catch up and only then can we assess whether this new process is going to be successful.

Bullseye said:
Why is it unfortunate? If you had almost $1500 items paid for but not delievered and some of those items are almost 2 months paid for would you not be somewhat annoyed?

Annoyed? Not really because I'd know I would be getting them in the end. If there was a problem then my credit card company would sort it out anyway so no I wouldn't be annoyed.

Frustrated, certainly...but not annoyed.

Sideshow are doing EVERYTHING THEY CAN to sort out the delays and messes of a third party (not an easy task).

Yes you have had the money charged and not had the items yet but you will receive them and would have spent the money anyway so don't be annoyed with Sideshow. Be annoyed at the feckwit warehouse staff that trolleyed up your order.

I myself was frustrated a while back with the insane delivery to me of a Jaws Maquette instead of a $40.00 figure. That took a while for me to get the figure but as soon as I was told it was a third party that ran the warehouse I chilled right out, kicked back and waited. You know something?...When the item arrived it was TOTALLY worth the wait as I'm sure your items will be.

Take heart my friend they will be with you soon. Then, as someone's signature says 'The quality will be remembered long after the cost has been forgotten'.

We are working hard to get these new items out. We also will have more information in this week's newsletter for everyone!

Maybe you EU guys can shed some more light on things from over there? Trying to figure out what was holding up the staff of this warehouse. Do you have a strict tea time or pub crawl time that is observed that I am not aware of?

Best,
Chicky

Chicky said:
Maybe you EU guys can shed some more light on things from over there? Trying to figure out what was holding up the staff of this warehouse. Do you have a strict tea time or pub crawl time that is observed that I am not aware of?

No - The majority of people over here are just lazy b'stards!!!!!!!

They are only paid minimum wage and for the most part are treated like crap with no prospects so have a tendency to do the least amount of work they can.

The only option is to open your own EU Place. I'll run it for you and you can pay me in figures!!!!!!!!!

That way you can have a presence at 'Celebration Europe' the Official Lucasfilm sibling to Celebration IV.

Received today my morgul war mask and mouth sauron helm that I ordered first december.
Still waiting for the 4 other orders but there is hope now.
Note that Invoice dated of 4 January 2007, so perhaps my bib fortuna and FF bust diorama will be send this week.
:rolleyes:

An Angel told me that my Punisher is nearly ready to be shipped out of the EU Warehouse. :chew

Chicky said:

Hey I've gotta say your right on this one, just been having email correspondance with Cindy over last couple of days over a damaged statue, and the kindness and sympathy she has shown me is exceptional and not something you would receive walking into a random highstreet store. The way she has the attitude of doing anything within her powers to help is something unparalleled with most companies today.

Can I nominate her for employee of the month

Thanks

ifu03612 said:
Can I nominate her for employee of the month

Thanks

Month? :lol

Century, if not more. :chew

Whatever went wrong, could even be my mistake, she is not looking for "who did it" or "why did it happen" but for "how can we help!"

Dom

Chicky said:
Thank goodness!
Hundreds of packages went out this week!
Woo Hoo- beer break is OVER!

Chicky

I'm still waiting 4 items and one is hulk PF hope for them they are not tired if they don't send it this week :lol :lol :lol :D

What stuff are you waiting.?
I receive one tracking this week so in 3 weeks (yeah one per weeks) I can have all my stuff and ready for the next with less wait I hope.:rolleyes:

Back