EU Warehouse problems

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullseye

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone else having problems with the service we are receiving from the Eu warehouse. For about 3 to 4 months it has been getting steadily worse. I've been charged numbers of weeks if not months in advance of items shipping including The Captain America v Red Skull (received 5 weeks after paying), and now the Fantastic Four Diorama, Magneto Maquette and now on monday for the two Premium Format Hulks. What is happening?

It now appears there has been a change in policy in how EU customers are treated. I know that people in Turkey have received their items weeks before people in Europe which is a greater distance to travel!

I also think that its a major problem when there is no one to communicate in Europe or at the EU warehouse. When you need to talk with someone you are directed to a representative in the USA. Now i am not going to point fingers at those people in the US as they for the most part have been doing a great job of responding to emails and calls but something has got to be done about the EU warehouse and how it is run.

We need better cummunication and quicker responses to calls and emails on this end.

Anyone else having problems?

same problem still waiting FF bust diorama, morgul lord helm with free mouth sauron helm (hope they don't forgot this one as sideshow promotion, but have fears as I think they don't take the gift code :monkey1 ), bib fortuna....
Don't understand why charged CC for FF bust diorama when they know that EU wharehouse will not send it as they will be on holydays.
But hope next week they will send it all and next christmas this will not arrive.

HI all,

We announced through our newsletter, the site and through your new product arrival e-mail notifications that we have actively been working on the improvement of servcies within the EU warehouse to offer a more efficient delivery of your item.

Our EU warehouse is not owned by us and thus controlled by another company. We have been working with them on the personnel issues as well as the sub-contractor issues (parcel force) that they have experienced throughout December. This has resulted in the late Holiday firing of most of their warehouse staff and bringing in of new ( hopefully competant ) people.

One of the changes we have recently made to accomplish the quicker delivery of your items has been to fulfill your item to the EU warehouse directly from our U.S. facility. This will improve delivery of your item into your hands by at least 2 weeks and be further in line with when U.S. customers take delivery of their items.

You will notice a few slight changes in our procedures as well as correspondence. We will begin processing you credit card for the item a few days earlier then our old procedure. This will happen when your item is en route to our EU facility. You should expect to receive an e-mailed invoice for your order at this time. Unfortunately, due to our web restrictions the 'shipped' status appears prematurely within your online account, becasue the item has physically left our US warehouse and not our EU warehouse. We are working to adjust this for the near future.

Many new items have already arrived into our EU warehouse and will begin to be labeled and sent out to you hopefully within this coming week. We have threatened the EU staff to affix labels and move them through within 48 hours of receipt. Once your item has physically left the EU warehouse, please expect a second e-mail, which will contain your tracking information. Your location from our EU facility will affect actual the delivery time of your package.

We look forward to deliverying your items to you in a more efficent manner for 2007. We appreciate your support and ask for a little more patience as you should see these new orders delivered beginning in January with more speed and efficiency!

Best,
Chicky

Chicky said:
HI all,

We announced through our newsletter, the site and through your new product arrival e-mail notifications that we have actively been working on the improvement of servcies within the EU warehouse to offer a more efficient delivery of your item.

Our EU warehouse is not owned by us and thus controlled by another company. We have been working with them on the personnel issues as well as the sub-contractor issues (parcel force) that they have experienced throughout December. This has resulted in the late Holiday firing of most of their warehouse staff and bringing in of new ( hopefully competant ) people.

One of the changes we have recently made to accomplish the quicker delivery of your items has been to fulfill your item to the EU warehouse directly from our U.S. facility. This will improve delivery of your item into your hands by at least 2 weeks and be further in line with when U.S. customers take delivery of their items.

You will notice a few slight changes in our procedures as well as correspondence. We will begin processing you credit card for the item a few days earlier then our old procedure. This will happen when your item is en route to our EU facility. You should expect to receive an e-mailed invoice for your order at this time. Unfortunately, due to our web restrictions the 'shipped' status appears prematurely within your online account, becasue the item has physically left our US warehouse and not our EU warehouse. We are working to adjust this for the near future.

Many new items have already arrived into our EU warehouse and will begin to be labeled and sent out to you hopefully within this coming week. We have threatened the EU staff to affix labels and move them through within 48 hours of receipt. Once your item has physically left the EU warehouse, please expect a second e-mail, which will contain your tracking information. Your location from our EU facility will affect actual the delivery time of your package.

We look forward to deliverying your items to you in a more efficent manner for 2007. We appreciate your support and ask for a little more patience as you should see these new orders delivered beginning in January with more speed and efficiency!

Best,
Chicky

Thankyou for the reply Chicky. I look forward to the improvements.

Chicky said:
HI all,

Best,
Chicky

Excellent news Chicky....thanks!

Thanks for the post Chicky. I'm all set for the new "EU warehouse enhanced delivery" experience! I'm all for the faster delivery, but as I have said in the past, I'd rather wait longer for my items, if it saves me some money on shipping. A lot of money can be saved if items (from different orders) do ship together. Still I'm confident that the current improvements will be for the better.

I know you send out the items at random, and therefor, the edition numbers are equally at random. But I have never heard a fellow European Freak board member reporting about receiving a low edition number. And neither have I ever received a low edition number in the past, (and Darth Vader knows I have ordered many items from SSC in the past!). It would be nice if you guys would manage to mix some of the lower edition numbers with the higher edition numbers, so some the EU collectors could score a low edition number once in a while.

One more question: you've said that from now on, the items will be shipped from the US facility to the EU warehouse, and that this will save time. From where were they shipped in the past?

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Thanks for the post Chicky. I'm all set for the new "EU warehouse enhanced delivery" experience! I'm all for the faster delivery, but as I have said in the past, I'd rather wait longer for my items, if it saves me some money on shipping. A lot of money can be saved if items (from different orders) do ship together. Still I'm confident that the current improvements will be for the better.

I know you send out the items at random, and therefor, the edition numbers are equally at random. But I have never heard a fellow European Freak board member reporting about receiving a low edition number.

under 50 is a low number? If yes I can tell there is low number in EU. But this is not important, personnaly I just want to receive my item with no damage.
Thanks chicky for reply, hope after january all problem will be resolve and improvement will be effective.
;)

akamonrg said:
under 50 is a low number? If yes I can tell there is low number in EU. But this is not important, personnaly I just want to receive my item with no damage.
Thanks chicky for reply, hope after january all problem will be resolve and improvement will be effective.
;)
Yes Akamonrg, you're right, it's important that the item arrives in good order, but frankly, that's the way it should be, don't you find?
I know that the edition number and the edition size is not important to some collectors, and that's perfectly fine with me. Though, many posts on this board illustrate that there are some people that do care. Guess it's a bit like the package discussion: some care about the way their collectibles are packed, others couldn't care less, for they trash it anyway.
May I ask what item it is you have received a low number for? Perhaps an item which has a low run in the first place? Did you buy it from Sideshow directly?

O.k., so perhaps I should change that to: "It would be nice if you guys would manage to mix more lower edition numbers with the higher edition numbers, so more EU collectors could score a low edition number once in a while."

yes for people who want low number it would be nice but think hard to do for sideshow.
But if they send items direct from US wharehouse perhaps now EU customers will have more chance to score a low number and perhaps one days sideshow will send number as first PPO first number on item with LE under 100 or less (thatwould be nice to see who the first and who the last :D )
:D

In my opinion SS should fix all the problems they have at the moment first! And not starting something new like mixing numbers. I dont want to get a low numbered Kurgan instead of my ordered Punisher. Even if it would be with a high number....

I think every one want to have low number if you have a choice on 2 statues one have nuber 1 the other have 496 for example I think 100%
of collector should take number #1. both are in perfect condition.
If you want to sell the statue in future you will have more money for it
and mutch easyer to sell if it has a low number. For myself I not like when
when you can se statues on ebay for sale with low numbers and you now for your self in 2 month later you will recive a statue with a high number 98%
I have got some status with low number but those was send from US warehouse.

Still no tracking number for Fantastic Four Diorama (charged before Christmas)

Still no tracking number for Magneto (charged in late November)

Just charged for Grey Hulk and Green Hulk

Still no information on my Negative Zone Spidey.

THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING.

My Bib Fortuna was shiped on the 21st of December and some of my other items in the beggining of January. I phoned SS yesterday and they said that NONE of my stuff were actually shiped since EU warehouse is still closed untill the end of January. So why the **** did they send me an email saying that my item is shiped?

I mean this is the first time I buy something directly from SS (thought I'll give it a try), but this is worse than ebay. I mean come on!!!!!!!

I would be grateful if one of the SS reps could clarify this. He/She may have been mistaken.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
One more question: you've said that from now on, the items will be shipped from the US facility to the EU warehouse, and that this will save time. From where were they shipped in the past?

The far east via the Bermuda Triangle

ifu03612 said:
The far east via the Bermuda Triangle

Regarded the time it took for the items to arrive, this may not be so far from the truth! And... regarding the time it takes for some of the more recent orders to arrive, perhaps they are shipped from the far west, via Vatican City or something.

Now we can hope shipping next week as I think nothing will be send tomorrow.
Look this and you will understand why is it so long:

I_Lost_My_Job_Today_5.jpg

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Paying for orders at the end of November and still not recieving anything is becoming insulting.
Lets hope something happens soon.

Back