Episode VIII has just been pushed back 7 months to Dec. 15, 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope they use the extra time to make a better movie than the sub-par Star Wars remake that was TFA.

Sean

I agree with this, however, MakingStarWars is reporting the time is being used to re-write even bigger roles for Rey and Finn. I don't know how their roles could be even bigger than they were in the Farce Awakens.

I'm getting tired of seeing this. Nothing in it is subpar, and I don't see it as a remake at all. A New Hope and Force Awakens are completely different films.

A man sees what he wants to see and disregards the rest. -Simon and Garfunkel

The subpar Star Wars remake that everyone except internet fanboys loved.

LOL I feel bad for people who didn't enjoy TFA.

I feel bad for the people that did enjoy it.

Then I guess you nor SpaceCrawler are really fans of Star Wars. Because only trolls and people who hate Star Wars could hate TFA.

I agree with this, however, MakingStarWars is reporting the time is being used to re-write even bigger roles for Rey and Finn. I don't know how their roles could be even bigger than they were in the Farce Awakens.

I agree with this too, I wasn't a fan, so I guess I'm just another "internet fanboy" :rolleyes2 That said, extra time to write the script should be a good thing, as 18 months seemed like a hell of a tall order for Rian Johnson.

So you feel bad for 99.9% of moviegoers. Good for you, bruh.

Who else do you feel bad for? People who eat food? People who drink water? People who breathe oxygen?

Enthrall me with your acumen.

I'm getting tired of seeing this. Nothing in it is subpar, and I don't see it as a remake at all. A New Hope and Force Awakens are completely different films.

Actors-Laughing-13-Star-Wars-1977.jpg

Then I guess you nor SpaceCrawler are really fans of Star Wars. Because only trolls and people who hate Star Wars could hate TFA.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes. There are also a lot of long-time Star Wars fans that would whole heartedly disagree with you. Maybe it's the people that liked TFA that aren't the true fans?

By the way, there are at least 50 similarities between ANH and TFA. I could list them, but you probably already know what they are.

"Morning Spoliers" over at IO9 has a report that the other reason for the change was to tinker with the script more...they want it to focus more on Ray, Finn and Poe and not so much on new (Episode 8) characters.

Constantine's ArrowÂ*Appearance Was Probably His Last Ever

I just hope it's something new....TFA is fun but a bit too familiar. Now that they've given us new characters, please give them something fresh to do....if that takes a little more time to get there...so be it.

So you feel bad for 99.9% of moviegoers. Good for you, bruh.

Who else do you feel bad for? People who eat food? People who drink water? People who breathe oxygen?

Enthrall me with your acumen.

Yep, and the Force Awakens is the #1 highest grossing movie in the world... oh wait, China didn't like it, so it didn't earn that title. Don't worry, Disney is going to insert more Chinese and Asian actors into the upcoming movies.

To answer your question, I feel bad for you. You must be a bit insecure about the movie being that good to want to defend it so brazenly.

So stupid to me that people ***** and complain about the prequels being too different and "not Star Wars", then we finally get a new film that feels like the Original Trilogy with real props and less CGI. Now it's too similar. Can't please everyone! But I'll defend it to the grave because it's a kickass film and #3 in the franchise for me, behind ANH and ESB.

Fight the trolls!

So stupid to me that people ***** and complain about the prequels being too different and "not Star Wars", then we finally get a new film that feels like the Original Trilogy with real props and less CGI. Now it's too similar. Can't please everyone! But I'll defend it to the grave because it's a kickass film and #3 in the franchise for me, behind ANH and ESB.

Fight the trolls!

Give me the prequels any day over TFA. I also enjoy people that use the "troll" rebuttal, which usually means they don't do well outside their comfort zone and can't deal with opposing views.

Yep, and the Force Awakens is the #1 highest grossing movie in the world... oh wait, China didn't like it, so it didn't earn that title. Don't worry, Disney is going to insert more Chinese and Asian actors into the upcoming movies.

To answer your question, I feel bad for you. You must be a bit insecure about the movie being that good to want to defend it so brazenly.

Lol God bless the internet for giving your useless voice a platform.

Give me the prequels any day over TFA. I also enjoy people that use the "troll" rebuttal, which usually means they don't do well outside their comfort zone and can't deal with opposing views.

Oh I can deal with opposing views, but not when it's ridiculous like this. It gets old seeing this trash.

Good. More time to save for Episode VIII Hot toys figures. (Slave girl Rey!)

I don't mind the change at all. Good to see they're going to keep their focus on the new three... I can't wait to see the new characters, but not at the expense of Rey, Poe, and Finn. Christmastime is now Star Wars time :yess: :lol

Ok, tell me how it's ridiculous to think that TFA didn't rip off ANH in a zillion ways. :impatient:

Disney set out to make a retro movie... And they did that. Just because it has similarities doesn't mean it's the same film.. That is the problem I have with seeing people say that. It also doesn't make it a bad film to have all that. We are lucky to even be getting new Star Wars films, why complain over something so silly? Enjoy living in this time and being apart of the new Star Wars era!

So stupid to me that people ***** and complain about the prequels being too different and "not Star Wars", then we finally get a new film that feels like the Original Trilogy with real props and less CGI. Now it's too similar QUOTE]

hahaha,so true

Disney set out to make a retro movie... And they did that. Just because it has similarities doesn't mean it's the same film.. That is the problem I have with seeing people say that. It also doesn't make it a bad film to have all that. We are lucky to even be getting new Star Wars films, why complain over something so silly? Enjoy living in this time and being apart of the new Star Wars era!

Sorry, my Star Wars enjoyment won't include TFA. I don't believe in supporting something that I feel is mediocre or poor. It only breeds more of the same material. Maybe things will be different with Episode VIII? Then again, many people may end up sharing my point of view about TFA.

More time will hopefully equal a better film.

As for TFA, my original viewing left me with the feeling that the Star Wars franchise reboot began with a reboot of "A New Hope".

Second viewing proved to be significantly more enjoyable, as the similarities were overlooked and the film was enjoyed more for what it simply was.

Back