Enterbay HD: 1/4 scale Rambo III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see that you got him back my friend!He looks AWESOME Roberto!!I really like the display you got him on too!Personally,i like this one better than your previous one but liked the other shirt that you had on your first EB Rambo figure!Either way,CONGRATS MY FRIEND!^_^

I see that you got him back my friend!He looks AWESOME Roberto!!I really like the display you got him on too!Personally,i like this one better than your previous one but liked the other shirt that you had on your first EB Rambo figure!Either way,CONGRATS MY FRIEND!^_^

Thanks so much Ceemor :hi5: appreciate your comments pal. Yea, I prefer my new display by a mile! It's funny how when you do something so right the second time that you notice all the bad things you did the first time! The shirt is exactly the same bro, just that I'd coloured the shirt longer to make it a darker black whereas the first version had a hint of navy blue to it. Also the shirt appears to be more looser on the figure, however, with Rambo holding his AK47 tight to his chest, this is causing the shirt to appear more tighter...:)

View attachment 65530

Incredibly i cant seem to be able to hold on to my Rambo figures! After owning this for approx a month and a bit, it has already been sold! :( It was after posting pictures on the forums of my display that i began to get inundated with messages regarding the custom shirt, the custom base, etc...and then i recieved an offer to buy the whole lot which i seriously could not turn down. If i said to you what it sold for i dont think you'd believe me...but i would have been silly to turn it down - to give you an idea it's around the equivalent of about 3 Premium Formats!! :horror so you understand why i had to sell!

So thats 2 Rambos owned and both have now been sold! I dont think i'm going to attempt to purchase a third one. Its been a pleasure owning this figure and i'll still have the pictures to remind me of how good it can look with the right attention to detail!

Until next time Rambo thread :wave

Last edited:
Incredibly i cant seem to be able to hold on to my Rambo figures! After owning this for approx a month and a bit, it has already been sold! :( It was after posting pictures on the forums of my display that i began to get inundated with messages regarding the custom shirt, the custom base, etc...and then i recieved an offer to buy the whole lot which i seriously could not turn down. If i said to you what it sold for i dont think you'd believe me...but i would have been silly to turn it down - to give you an idea it's around the equivalent of about 3 Premium Formats!! :horror so you understand why i had to sell!

So thats 2 Rambos owned and both have now been sold! I dont think i'm going to attempt to purchase a third one. Its been a pleasure owning this figure and i'll still have the pictures to remind me of how good it can look with the right attention to detail!

Until next time Rambo thread :wave

Congrats I guess? Do you plan on picking up another Rambo in the future?

Or you could pre-order those 3 Pf's hmm, must be hard to be you. :lol

Congrats I guess? Do you plan on picking up another Rambo in the future?

Or you could pre-order those 3 Pf's hmm, must be hard to be you. :lol

Thats it for me! Purchased 2 of these figures now and cant seem to hold on to them so will sadly give it up now. Rambo is a great figure and probably the best on the market out there...so he will be missed. Like i said though, i still have all the great photos from both my displays to help remind me how cool this figure can look!

As for the money, well...i'm still waiting on a few pre orders to get put up by Sideshow since Comic Con so i'll know where to spend it! :yess:

Badass RobertoBagg10!!

Thanks Eamon :hi5:

I think your sale success highlights an area where Enterbay and Hot Toys should elevate their 1/4 releases and that's the display base. These figures look amazing, but the bases are only done enough to stand the figures up, which works ok at 1/6 scale, especially since often multiple figures are together, but 1/4 scale is more likely to have figures stand alone somewhere. With PFs and statues, the pose is usually pretty dynamic so a simpler base is ok, but there are limits to how dynamic you can pose these figures and have them supported so the won't fall. I think the pose limitations need to be balanced with a base that gives the figure an environment and context to take it beyond just a giant action figure standing on display.

I think your sale success highlights an area where Enterbay and Hot Toys should elevate their 1/4 releases and that's the display base. These figures look amazing, but the bases are only done enough to stand the figures up, which works ok at 1/6 scale, especially since often multiple figures are together, but 1/4 scale is more likely to have figures stand alone somewhere. With PFs and statues, the pose is usually pretty dynamic so a simpler base is ok, but there are limits to how dynamic you can pose these figures and have them supported so the won't fall. I think the pose limitations need to be balanced with a base that gives the figure an environment and context to take it beyond just a giant action figure standing on display.

Excellent post Sean :exactly::goodpost:

I'm constantly on the fence about selling or keeping this piece. If anyone has a lead on an army jacket or shirt for him let me know.

Are most people bothere by the arm joints, I feel like the army jacket has big appeal and most pics I've seen leave the tank on. I like the tank and tankless looks and mix it up, a certain look is better for some poses than the other. I'm not bothere by the joints, but I also embrace that it's a figure, no matter how lifelike or great, its's a figure and joints are part of the deal. There are statues, not as nice, but they don't have joints and full that void. I still love the Sideshow PF even with its flaws.

I'm constantly on the fence about selling or keeping this piece. If anyone has a lead on an army jacket or shirt for him let me know.

I've always said from day one that imagine the increase of sales for this figure if they'd included an jacket/shirt! Icant help but think that my two figures sold so well not just due to the diorama but because it had a custom shirt. It just changes the whole complexion of the figure in my opinion

Haha. Dude can't believe you just simply can't ..... Are not allowed to keep your Rambos that's just so funny lol.
Well your entire package is the real deal and what takes it to the next ...... Final level, no doubt about it and just stop being humble and deal with it lol

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Totally agree on the bases.
....even if they are sold as stand alone pieces, similar to the basketball backboards they are currently doing.

Haha. Dude can't believe you just simply can't ..... Are not allowed to keep your Rambos that's just so funny lol.
Well your entire package is the real deal and what takes it to the next ...... Final level, no doubt about it and just stop being humble and deal with it lol

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Should i make it third time lucky! Just seen another for sale...:panic::panic: It would be literally be Rambo III!!!! :lol No way, thats it for me, no more Rambos :(

Thanks for your kind words as ever Jeff :1-1:

If you really want a Rambo in your collection, you can't do any better than this figure for anything mass produced, the statues and other figures out there just aren't comparable, and even if HT were to ever do a figure again, it won't be as nice as this, it'd be smaller and cost probably just as much as this can be found for.

If you really want a Rambo in your collection, you can't do any better than this figure for anything mass produced, the statues and other figures out there just aren't comparable, and even if HT were to ever do a figure again, it won't be as nice as this, it'd be smaller and cost probably just as much as this can be found for.

its the best Rambo figure i've ever owned. I think your right though, in terms of likeness and weapon accessories i cant see it being bettered

What sets Enterbay out from others with the HD line is bodies custom made to the proportions and look of the actor instead of generic bodies. They specifically made this body like Sly in Rambo 3 and if they did others, they'd capture his unique Rambo 2 and First Blood looks. HT in 1/6 relies on bodies gettin multiple uses and come close to each actor but not exact.

Back