ENTERBAY 1:4 HD Masterpiece Series - The Dark Knight - Batman Full Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lifeless eyes....like a dolls eyes - Quint, Jaws

Its a problem EB seems to have. I can even see it on the eyes on the Batcowled heads - the eyes look stoned, sleepy or very bored.

That or crying for hours :lol

It's a good thing i'll never pose Arnie without glasses.

I like the EB bale sculpt better then the newest HT one, looks more like bale, but still not perfect

I'm basing my comments on the suit worn by bale

https://hollywoodmoviecostumesandpr.../batman-begins-costume-worn-by-christian.html

There is no noticably difference between suit and cowl there. And it isnt completely matte black either. There is a slight shine to it.

I'm basing it off the suit the actor wore in the movie for which this figure is based on. Not a replica costume displayed.

oQn8l.png

The suit is matte, not glossy. If anything, the bat symbol is probably not painted so it won't have that shinier look compared to the suit.

Lifeless eyes....like a dolls eyes - Quint, Jaws

Its a problem EB seems to have. I can even see it on the eyes on the Batcowled heads - the eyes look stoned, sleepy or very bored.
As much as I'm actively in here laughing at the nitpicky stuff, the the BW sculpt isn't good enough for the price tag attached. Enterbay should just do another cowl. lol. It's missing some chisel around the nose and I think the eye should be a bit more opened to capture the expression of the character in the movie. And on the note of the new DX Batman, that BW sculpt is quite well done with the tired looking BW in the movie.

I'm basing it off the suit the actor wore in the movie for which this figure is based on. Not a replica costume displayed.

oQn8l.png

The suit is matte, not glossy.

It really depends on the scene, it's always looking different. But you're not wrong either.

Although i'm buying it no matter what, the suit almost looks too clean/neat or toyish.

It really depends on the scene, it's always looking different. But you're not wrong either.

Although i'm buying it no matter what, the suit almost looks too clean/neat or toyish.

I don't think anybody wins in this situation if all we'll do is pick apart suit colors and flesh tones. It's fair to compare the released figure with scenes from the beginning of The Dark Knight.

If this is marketed from the OC suit in the second movie, then we'll look at that for accuracy. Drawing other things in simply complicates the matter in the collecting process. It's really just up to us as customers anyway. But if I'm going to get this, I'll be content with it.

oQn8l.png

The suit is matte, not glossy. If anything, the bat symbol is probably not painted so it won't have that shinier look compared to the suit.

As much as I'm actively in here laughing at the nitpicky stuff, the the BW sculpt isn't good enough for the price tag attached. Enterbay should just do another cowl. lol. It's missing some chisel around the nose and I think the eye should be a bit more opened to capture the expression of the character in the movie. And on the note of the new DX Batman, that BW sculpt is quite well done with the tired looking BW in the movie.

I never said it was glossy, it DOES have a shine though. That "replica" costume isnt a replica...it is THE costume, loaned by WB on display in london. Or are you disputing the ACTUAL suit?

I never said it was glossy, it DOES have a shine though. That "replica" costume isnt a replica...it is THE costume, loaned by WB on display in london. Or are you disputing the ACTUAL suit?

Right now there are a dozen Bane/ Batman and Catwoman costumes on display around the world. They are all different in tiny ways. You can't quantify all of them and compare it to the toys being released. There's going to be different stuff popping up.

And like Voorhees said, there's different ones used in the scenes. The one I linked is straight up from the movie scene. How much more accurate can you get? You linked a costume on display which could've just been something they casted for only displaying.

Show me another scene in The Dark Knight movie where it's shiny like the replica you posted up. Do it. You can't. Because it's not in there, sir.

It's either dog biting scene, empty vault, roof top and that's it.

Right now there are a dozen Bane/ Batman and Catwoman costumes on display around the world. They are all different in tiny ways. You can't quantify all of them and compare it to the toys being released. There's going to be different stuff popping up.

And like Voorhees said, there's different ones used in the scenes. The one I linked is straight up from the movie scene. How much more accurate can you get? You linked a costume on display which could've just been something they casted for only displaying.

Show me another scene in The Dark Knight movie where it's shiny like the replica you posted up. Do it. You can't. Because it's not in there, sir.

Even the image you have posted shows the suit is catching way more light then what enterbays is doing. Enterbays looks so flat, no highlights anywhere. It's like a light void...but a bit of natural grease from your hands while handling the figure may fix that. Certainly wont fix the bat symbol tho, that is definately more shiny.

Basically i'm going to have to buff the suit up while dulling the cowl down...should make it look perfect.

Eh, either way i'm good. I've always posed by Batman figures like this:

8713ec5e.jpg

Btw, what's up with the cape? (Enterbay) Is it just a case of bad futzing?

Compiliation
fx9aD.jpg

Even the image you have posted shows the suit is catching way more light then what enterbays is doing. Enterbays looks so flat, no highlights anywhere. It's like a light void...but a bit of natural grease from your hands while handling the figure may fix that. Certainly wont fix the bat symbol tho, that is definately more shiny.

Basically i'm going to have to buff the suit up while dulling the cowl down...should make it look perfect.
Everything is like that. Hot Toys had like super glossy first, and then the 2011 figure is dull. You can't have the best of both worlds. It's better to cast everything in one formula rather than paint. Because hey, when this stuff starts cracking, people will complain. Did you look at all the madness when the dull coat on the new 2011 OC Bats started to flake and crack off? Not pretty.

It's a figure. There are some production limitations from what I'm seeing.

A spray works. There is even a powder you can brush on. Man I honestly am in love with this piece as it is my favorite suit. I cannot wait to get this and put a custom cape on this bad boy. I think enterbay did a horrendous job on the cape. For one it is not black enough and it is not even the right material.

A spray works. There is even a powder you can brush on. Man I honestly am in love with this piece as it is my favorite suit. I cannot wait to get this and put a custom cape on this bad boy. I think enterbay did a horrendous job on the cape. For one it is not black enough and it is not even the right material.

That's what I wanted to hear. I look forward to seeing more. :)

EB Sculpt wins by an absolute mile

No contest. It's really a near perfect likeness.

What spray is it? Is it hard to apply? Because there are tiny spots on my 2011 OC Batman that kind of just came off from whatever. I wouldn't mind dabbling back some on it to retain the freshness.

Back