Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what to do with this game anymore. It's just a buggy mess. The patch may have fixed some things (I'm assuming) but it's still a ticking time bomb of a game that will wig out on you at any moment. tonight, it started chopping on me like crazy. Dropping to a few frames per second until I just had to turn it off. I don't know if this is permanent or not but good grief. This game keeps finding new ways to not work.

Buggy yep!! I'm carring around a stupid amulet from the blood ice quest in windhelm!!!!

That's a normal reaction. Especially if this is your first Bethesda game. It'll get easier.

Yea. I have been reading "new to skyrim guides" online to help make sense of everything.

Question: There was a guy selling a horse outside one of the towns. Naturally, I killed the guy and stole the horse. I eventually got caught and sent to jail. After serving time, if I go back to the stable, his body is still on the floor and I can no longer buy the horse because the guy is still dead. My question is: HOW CAN i OBTAIN THIS HORSE WITHOUT STEALING IT?

Yea. I have been reading "new to skyrim guides" online to help make sense of everything.

Question: There was a guy selling a horse outside one of the towns. Naturally, I killed the guy and stole the horse. I eventually got caught and sent to jail. After serving time, if I go back to the stable, his body is still on the floor and I can no longer buy the horse because the guy is still dead. My question is: HOW CAN i OBTAIN THIS HORSE WITHOUT STEALING IT?

Your going to have to go back to a save before you killed him, or go to another town and buy a horse there.

Wow. That sucks. Makes you wonder what the incentive is to be a bad guy in this game.

A lot of the game's rewards quests are centered around being bad... no "good" alternative other than ignoring it.

Lots of that going on in this game. Not much alternatives.

Wow. That sucks. Makes you wonder what the incentive is to be a bad guy in this game.

Guess it depend on your perspective of being bad. Like dominishin, there are a lot of quest just for bad guys. You want to do some wanton killing, join The Dark Brotherhood.

A lot of the game's rewards quests are centered around being bad... no "good" alternative other than ignoring it.

Lots of that going on in this game. Not much alternatives.

Guess it depend on your perspective of being bad. Like dominishin, there are a lot of quest just for bad guys. You want to do some wanton killing, join The Dark Brotherhood.

I will keep a look out for this. I'm only at level 6 and just met teh greybeards.

Yeah. And there is no morality system, so you can pretty much do whatever you want without much effect. Maybe a few people will mention your past deeds and terrors, but it's not really like other games where there is a "good, evil" balance.

But don't worry too much about homes. You'll end up with so much money it doesn't even matter to save for this or that. Money loses its excitement.

Maybe real life works that way too. Almost feel bad for the rich.

Too funny guys. I need to regulate my playing. I have been super tired at work all this week. Pop in the game at 9 and look up at the clock again and its 12:30.

Amazing that you can spend so much time playing and not really accomplish a whole lot unless you stick to your quests.

The only evil is the bugs!! 8) So does it matter what side you go to? The storm clocks or imperials?

The only evil is the bugs!! 8) So does it matter what side you go to? The storm clocks or imperials?

It just affects some of the stuff in that quest line, but ultimately won't do much to the other quests in the game. I joined the Imperials, and my ultimate goal was to unify Skyrim under the Empire by saving Whiterun from an attack, finding the Nords Jagged Crown, seizing forts in the different regions of the land, and then ultimately overthrowing Ulfric in Windhelm. I'd have to report to the General Tulius in Solitude, then he'd point me in a direction and I'd go there and report to Legate Rikke for mission specifics, and whatnot. After each successful mission I'd receive a new armament from the General, and receive more status with the Imperials. As you capture more forts and strengthen the Empire's presence in Skyrim, you will notice more of an Imperial presence in the Holds. When I'd approach Stormcloak camps, they'd draw weapons and demand I leave, or attack me.

Pretty much if you join the Stormcloaks, your goal is to overthrow the Imperials and unify Skyrim under Ulfric's rule, and Imperials will attack you. It's just a matter of which side you choose to join. Just another thing to add replay value to see the specific storyline with each side of the quest.

I put in 20+ hours and I still didn't join the imperials or stormcloaks yet:rotfl.....this damn game is Hugh!... Loving the Mods! PC version rocks:hi5:

I put in 20+ hours and I still didn't join the imperials or stormcloaks yet:rotfl.....this damn game is Hugh!... Loving the Mods! PC version rocks:hi5:

I hear you. I'm upset it took me so long to find this game. Definitely getting my $30 worth on this release. I can't see myself getting a new game for a while.

In Elder Scrolls, 20 hours is the equivalent of dipping your toe in the pond. I am waiting for Dlc to pick the game back up, but last I remember, I had accrued about 330 hours.

You don't have to put that many hours in to complete the main quest line, but I like to explore as much as I can. There are many, many places (caves, mines, etc) that I have never even gone into. I am not even sure how many hours you would have to put in to go everywhere and do everything, but no game gives you so much bang for the buck as Skyrim.

Back