Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I installed a bunch of mods to Skyrim over the last few days. . . it looks awesome, but it grinds my computer to a crawl. Now, I'm shopping for new parts, haha. Probably just gonna upgrade my video card. I just built a new computer three years ago. I really shoulda splurged on the graphics.

I like to just go out with a bow and hunt Elk and Deer. It's so relaxing. You have to be patient and wait for them, then sneak up close enough to hit one. You only get one shot, cause if you don't take it down with one shot it will take off. Guess it's the music that helps make it relaxing.

I like to just go out with a bow and hunt Elk and Deer. It's so relaxing. You have to be patient and wait for them, then sneak up close enough to hit one. You only get one shot, cause if you don't take it down with one shot it will take off. Guess it's the music that helps make it relaxing.

It's a nice pass time in game and can help you make some nice gold :wink1: :goodpost:

In Elder Scrolls, 20 hours is the equivalent of dipping your toe in the pond. I am waiting for Dlc to pick the game back up, but last I remember, I had accrued about 330 hours.

You don't have to put that many hours in to complete the main quest line, but I like to explore as much as I can. There are many, many places (caves, mines, etc) that I have never even gone into. I am not even sure how many hours you would have to put in to go everywhere and do everything, but no game gives you so much bang for the buck as Skyrim.

300 hours??:panic::panic:...thats nuts!!...i also love to explore, i dont know if i can put that much hour into a game. the most was 70 hours on Final Fantasy 7 and with Max Pain 3 around the corner:horror:horror...its going to be hard to put Skyrim down:gah:

Kinect controls

skykinect.jpg

skykinect2.jpg

skykinect3.jpg

skykinect4.jpg

Hehe this is both cool and the dumbest thing ever. I'd love to see someone playing this and yelling Shouts. Theres no way you could do it without looking like a tool.

New DLC. Coming this summer, 360 has 30-day exclusive window, more info to come during E3.

Zhvhs.jpg

I just recently picked up a copy of Skyrim. Excited to start (after finishing Witcher 2).

The Elder Scrolls Online is Real
ZeniMax Online Studios is developing a massively multiplayer version of the popular single-player fantasy series.
May 3, 2012
by Charles Onyett
After much speculation, the MMO version of The Elder Scrolls role-playing series has officially been announced. Developed by ZeniMax Online Studios, The Elder Scrolls Online will allow players to quest across the entire continent of Tamriel 1000 years before the events of The Elder Scrolls V, which includes the provinces of Cyrodiil (where The Elder Scrolls IV was set) and Skyrim (setting of The Elder Scrolls V).
No screens or video have yet been released, but more information will be made available through Game Informer, as the reveal is part of their June 2012 cover story.
Not many specifics are available yet, but according to Game Informer you'll be able to play as one of three factions, take part in open-world player versus player combat in the province of Cyrodiil and vie for control of the throne of the Emperor.
The Elder Scrolls Online is currently scheduled to be released in 2013 for Mac and PC.

Couldnt care less about an MMO, but Im glad to hear that Bethesda isn't developing it, so they can focus on something good...like Fallout 4.

Couldnt care less about an MMO, but Im glad to hear that Bethesda isn't developing it, so they can focus on something good...like Fallout 4.

yeah definitely.

Hopefully it is Fallout 4 Bethesda are working on in the background, using the Skyrim engine.

....and hopefully they get Obsidian onboard for quest design because I thoughtFallout: New Vegas was a fair bit more interesting in terms of choices than Skyrim.

Hopefully it is Fallout 4 Bethesda are working on in the background, using the Skyrim engine.

This might seem like 'trollish' question but, is there really a difference between the Skyrim engine and the Fallout engine?? It seems like they run on the same thing.

I know that's kinda like saying Red Dead Redemption runs on the GTAIV engine, but I'm somewhat intrigued by what the differences between the two are.

This might seem like 'trollish' question but, is there really a difference between the Skyrim engine and the Fallout engine?? It seems like they run on the same thing.

I know that's kinda like saying Red Dead Redemption runs on the GTAIV engine, but I'm somewhat intrigued by what the differences between the two are.

Skyrim is on a totally new engine called the Creation Engine.

Fallout as well as Oblivion use the the Gamebryo Engine, which both look like dog poop compared to Skyrim. :)

Render was rewritten.
Gameplay was rewritten.
Scripting language was rewritten.

The textures are 10 fold better.

Last edited:

Actually there is some debate on the Bethesda boards about how different or "New" the Creation Engine is.
There are some graphical improvements and the icing on the cake looks good overall but not much improvement on the scripting at all.
Bethesda is a little disingenuous about the Gamebryo overhaul in the opinions of many players. I believe most players would agree this is the last time they should use any incarnation of Gamebryo and move on to a more capable and powerful engine like the one used in RAGE.
They've squeezed just about all the usefullness they can out of it and the next gen will demand much more.
This was discussed more extensively earlier in the thread when the hype was reaching a crescendo before launch.

I have a follower who is using a giants club to fight with it's hilarious!!!
Its Mjoll the Lioness and after I released Enther where ever I fast travel to he's there!!

just saw your post sorry....

In short, Skyrim uses a 'new' (or very heavily updated) engine.

Fallout 3 and NV were on the same engine as Oblivion.

Nothing has been announced but hopeully they are working on Fallout4 behind the scenes and we'll see a huge jump in quality from 3 to 4 like from Oblivion to Skyrim

Question: There was a guy selling a horse outside one of the towns. Naturally, I killed the guy and stole the horse. I eventually got caught and sent to jail. After serving time, if I go back to the stable, his body is still on the floor and I can no longer buy the horse because the guy is still dead. My question is: HOW CAN i OBTAIN THIS HORSE WITHOUT STEALING IT?

Or just spawn shadowmere through console command. No need to mess with weak horses.

Finally started playing this game.

I love it so damn much, but there's one thing that keeps bugging me.
I get this awesome house with furniture, weapon plaques/racks, moveable items, etc...but there's just one problem. It's almost impossible to move these items. It's so frustrating because I love customization, I want to decorate my house..and when I spend hours trying to put one loaf of bread in a ____ing bowl with no success, it kinda ruins the game for me.

I don't think there's a solution to this problem, so this is mostly a rant I guess..

Why give me a house and all of these decorative items if I can't use them ffs...

Back