Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be more excited for an update video if they said "Here's what we're fixing!!!"

New Kill cams...ehh..cool! But tell us that you're fixing all the other bugs too Bethesda!

Its weird they're now including 'kill cam' animations for things that should have been in the original game....and its not even that they're being shady and trying to make people pay for it later.
Did they legit run out of time to do these before the game release? Why now?

I loved it but at 100+ hours I'm done with the game. Would have liked these animations when I first got it....

The killcam will probably generate 50 new bugs that they'll spend the next year tracking down.

Its weird they're now including 'kill cam' animations for things that should have been in the original game....and its not even that they're being shady and trying to make people pay for it later.
Did they legit run out of time to do these before the game release? Why now?

I loved it but at 100+ hours I'm done with the game. Would have liked these animations when I first got it....

While the bugs are numerous, you have to keep in mind that there just isn't anything close to this game in scale and depth. I'm not surprised about the bugs, I'm surprised there aren't more bugs that are actually crippling to the game.

Save often and in different files and these bugs won't be a big deal. I learned that lesson after Lydia got stuck in Shalidor's Maze.

As for the new content, kill cams will be cool, but after 330 hours of gameplay, I'd like some new territories, even though there are still many caves, towers and ruins I have not even explored yet. For me the discovery is the best part.

While the bugs are numerous, you have to keep in mind that there just isn't anything close to this game in scale and depth. I'm not surprised about the bugs, I'm surprised there aren't more bugs that are actually crippling to the game.

Save often and in different files and these bugs won't be a big deal. I learned that lesson after Lydia got stuck in Shalidor's Maze.

As for the new content, kill cams will be cool, but after 330 hours of gameplay, I'd like some new territories, even though there are still many caves, towers and ruins I have not even explored yet. For me the discovery is the best part.

Daggerfall in the late 90s was my first Elder Scrolls game. I was aware of Arena but never played it.

I think Bethesda do a very good job on bugs considering the staggering size of their games.

They held horse armor back in Oblivion on purpose to sell as DLC to experiment with what at the time was a new things for console games.

But as I said, I think its very odd that they didn't have these kill cams ready until now.

Daggerfall in the late 90s was my first Elder Scrolls game. I was aware of Arena but never played it.

I think Bethesda do a very good job on bugs considering the staggering size of their games.

They held horse armor back in Oblivion on purpose to sell as DLC to experiment with what at the time was a new things for console games.

But as I said, I think its very odd that they didn't have these kill cams ready until now.

I think the kill cams is an afterthought. I think a lot of non melee players wanted the same cut scenes the fighters had, I know my wife plays the game as well, and was a little jealous that her Mage had no dramatic kill cut scene like I did.

I was a little late to TES, I started with Oblivion, my wife played a little of Morrowind, but wasn't really into it til Oblivion. Now I wish I had played Morrowind as well, and not let her ambivalence with the game keep me from picking it up.

Kill Cams are not what I am hungry for, but any addition to this already massive game is just gravy on an already huge meal. On top of that, it's free. TES have spoiled me for other games, where can you spend $60 and get over 300 hours of entertainment?

Report: Bethesda Working On Elder Scrolls MMO
by Matt Helgeson on March 15, 2012 at 08:18 PM 7,435 Views

According to a report just published, Bethesda is creating an MMO based on the Elder Scrolls universe.

The website Tom's Guide has published an article claiming that an Elder Scrolls MMO is in production, citing an anonymous industry source. The source also told the site that the game would take place a millennium prior to the events of Skyrim, and the author speculates that this would place it in the "Second Era" of Elder Scrolls. This would mean the MMO takes place hundreds of years before any game in the series.

The article gives a few more details on the purported MMO, including the plan to have "three playable factions," each represented by an animal -- lion, dragon, and bird of prey.

The article goes on to speculate that it will be shown at the upcoming E3 and at Quakecon 2012.

Game informer:
Dragon shouts are about to get more shouty, thanks to a free update to the Xbox 360 version of the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The download, set to release this month, will add Kinect support with more than 200 voice commands.

Players can use their voice to access quick saves, direct their allies in combat, sort through their inventories, and much more. Bethesda hinted that Kinect support was a possibility a few months back._

Mmo = suck :lecture

Report: Bethesda Working On Elder Scrolls MMO
by Matt Helgeson on March 15, 2012 at 08:18 PM 7,435 Views

According to a report just published, Bethesda is creating an MMO based on the Elder Scrolls universe.

The website Tom's Guide has published an article claiming that an Elder Scrolls MMO is in production, citing an anonymous industry source. The source also told the site that the game would take place a millennium prior to the events of Skyrim, and the author speculates that this would place it in the "Second Era" of Elder Scrolls. This would mean the MMO takes place hundreds of years before any game in the series.

The article gives a few more details on the purported MMO, including the plan to have "three playable factions," each represented by an animal -- lion, dragon, and bird of prey.

The article goes on to speculate that it will be shown at the upcoming E3 and at Quakecon 2012.

:goodpost::exactly:

Damned Straight!! I'm so disappointed that Star Wars Old Republic got turned into on of these instead of the third installment of the great RPGs Knights of the Old Republic:gah::slap

Back