Prop eFX TIE Fighter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW!!! I mean ahhh WOW!!! That will make a sick display I can’t wait to see it. When did you pick that up is it new? I don't remember seeing it with your display over at the RS boards.

Thanks. It arrived last week. I got the 1:1 bug for some time but this was the moment when my budget allowed me to go for this and the 1:1 Stormtrooper armor on mannequin. I don't have a display cabinet for it yet, waiting for the eFX TIE measurements. Today I'm getting the Gentle Giant version of this huge monster. I also have the GG Claasic TIE Pilot :)

that's a kick-ass piece, jkno. jealous ain't even the word:drool

Thanks LOL :hi5:

Gentle Giant TIE Fighter Pilot mini bust - will join my TIE display soon:

ggbusttiefighterpilot03.jpg

Thanks. It arrived last week. I got the 1:1 bug for some time but this was the moment when my budget allowed me to go for this and the 1:1 Stormtrooper armor on mannequin. I don't have a display cabinet for it yet, waiting for the eFX TIE measurements. Today I'm getting the Gentle Giant version of this huge monster. I also have the GG Claasic TIE Pilot :)

Thanks LOL :hi5:

Hey dude,

Isn't this the guy that Lucasfilm went after?

He is.

A comparison shot of all my TIE Fighter Pilots - SDS, Medicom, Gentle Giant classic mini-bust, Gentle Giant mini-bust, Kotobukiya:

17wwer.jpg

Can someone tell me what I've missed :confused:

Shepperton Design Studios produced the Stormtrooper helmet and costumes in the OT, then a few years ago, claimed to have found the original molds and started selling them without George's permission, so he was sued. George won the lawsuit in the US, but lost the UK one so he is still able to sell from the UK, in a nutshell

Shepperton Design Studios produced the Stormtrooper helmet and costumes in the OT, then a few years ago, claimed to have found the original molds and started selling them without George's permission, so he was sued. George won the lawsuit in the US, but lost the UK one so he is still able to sell from the UK, in a nutshell

Thanks Verbal :hi5:
Wow that sucks for Lucas :monkey1

JKNO, now you got me considering this while the $ conversion rate is good

It's a huge and superb monster bust. Love it and can't wait to have the eFX TIE Fighter dimensions to be able to finally make a TIE display cabinet. You won't be sorry.

And Jez from StarWarsHelmet said: "I was able to review one of the original screen-used Star Wars TIE helmets for this site in 2004, and I have to say that this one is almost identical. Even looking at this helmet in 2008 I still believe it is the most accurate TIE helmet ever produced." https://www.starwarshelmets.com/sds_TIE.htm

They won't ship to the US tho, right?

Not directly. But there are ways though...

Could you elabortae? I was just looking over the site, and saw the stormtrooper bust. It certainly would be nice to get a SW Trooper helmet.

Simple. Get someone from UK to ship to you. BTW the helmet that goes with the bust is the Battle Spec version.

Message regarding the eFX TIE Fighter from Bryan at Rebelscum:

I received the latest sample of the TIE Fighter today and will take some pictures in the next couple days! From what I see so far, it looks pretty good! Then I will be sending it to Steve Neisen for his review of the latest sample!

This is typical of Chinese factories. . . they like to finish "unfinished" business before Chinese New Years!

Thanks!

Bryan

I'd love to tell you it will be, but we've been waiting for this (and the a Interceptor & ESB Tie) since they were first announced in early 2009...

I think most of us expected this current Tie release to be up at the end of 09 as they showed it (and the Interceptor) virtually complete at SDCC 09.

It's been a LOOOONGGG wait just to get this first one out the door :(

I'm hoping by ironing out all the kinks and maNufacturing processes in this first version, the others maybe less drawn out and tedious:pray:

nope - there is a thread over at rebelscum begging Bryan to answer questions or just say things are going slow and still no response. It is rumored that Bryan may be sick, again just a rumor.

I passed twice on the Icons TIE Fighter waiting for the eFX to release theirs. I hope I did the right decision...

Back