Prop eFX TIE Fighter

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I don't have the X-Wing I don't care about the size of the TIE. But I don't think it is necessary to have a real X-Wing and TIE Fighter prop to be the same size, when filming it is always about shooting angles, different positions, depth, cut scenes, lights etc.

I don't think the scale is that far off. I may be misremembering, but isn't there a famous photo showing both the Tie and X-wing together in front of a blue screen being shot simultaneously? If they were both in the same composite - wouldn't they need to be the same scale?

Hey Dave, OT a little. Did your Blackbird arrive yet? :wave

Just read this on the descriptions I found :

Our new TIE Fighter FX Model will be a "most impressive" addition to your Star Wars collection. It is also the perfect "companion" to our X-wing starfighter, Red 5, to re-enact the exciting Death Star trench run in the climactic Battle of Yavin.

Looks like she'll be of similar scale to the x-wing :yess:

It will be similar scale but not near exact scale. I use the word similar very loosely.

I was wondering if any one could tell me if there has ever been a Tie Interceptor made or possibly being made? EFX / Master Replica / Sideshow or by Anyone? I haven't found anything in online searches. I was hoping someone might know of something in the works maybe?

Thanks

I was wondering if any one could tell me if there has ever been a Tie Interceptor made or possibly being made? EFX / Master Replica / Sideshow or by Anyone? I haven't found anything in online searches. I was hoping someone might know of something in the works maybe?

Thanks

eFX said they will make a TIE Interceptor eventually as well as an ESB TIE Fighter and Vader's Advanced TIE. When is the question.

eFX said they will make a TIE Interceptor eventually as well as an ESB TIE Fighter and Vader's Advanced TIE. When is the question.

Thanks for the reply. Glad I haven't missed out on it yet. Hopefully they will release something sooner then later.

Thanks for the reply. Glad I haven't missed out on it yet. Hopefully they will release something sooner then later.

I'd love to tell you it will be, but we've been waiting for this (and the a Interceptor & ESB Tie) since they were first announced in early 2009...

I think most of us expected this current Tie release to be up at the end of 09 as they showed it (and the Interceptor) virtually complete at SDCC 09.

It's been a LOOOONGGG wait just to get this first one out the door :(

I'd love to tell you it will be, but we've been waiting for this (and the a Interceptor & ESB Tie) since they were first announced in early 2009...

I think most of us expected this current Tie release to be up at the end of 09 as they showed it (and the Interceptor) virtually complete at SDCC 09.

It's been a LOOOONGGG wait just to get this first one out the door :(

Honestly, I am ok with that!

I can only buy one of these each year anyways!

Tie Interceptor will be very nice to have!

Personally I'm not really interested in the Interceptor, it is a cool ship but not as iconic as the TIE Fighter. As for an ESB TIE Fighter, we'll have to see if eFX still makes it. Your best bet is to get the ANH version, that is coming for sure. eFX won't make the Vader Advanced TIE for now because the original prop is still traveling in exhibitions

The Tie Interceptor is as much as an must have as the Star Wars Tie Fighter for me.

I believe eFX never said they will make an ESB Tie fighter, they just would look into it but the paint differnces were too minor or something like that.
But hey, if they make one and it look different enough I will get that too :)
But rather see an Tie Bomber and Vader Tie made before the ESB, seeing the way EFX is going nowadays they probably will be making an concept Tie first :lol

Actually, they did officially announce there was going to be a ESB - see attached - but after they studied the originals further, they discovered the ESB and New Hope version were the same.

I know, but further discussions or Rebelscum regarding ESB TIE Fighter remained with no answer from Bryan. The ESB and ANH TIE Fighters are not 100% the same, they are very similar though, having just some small parts painted differently. And for example he did give us the go for the Vader TIE, when they will have access to scan and measure it to make the molds.

Marco at Toy Palace said that eFX announced that the TIE Fighter will be delayed. TP expect to receive it late September 2011.

I'm trying to get some stuff to be displayed with the upcoming TIE Fighter. And will make another cabinet for it, wish I'd know the exact dimensions of the TIE.

Wow...that's a significant delay. Guess it gives me more time to save up for it.

Yes agreed. I need some more time to save for this one. I do not want to miss out. This piece looks absolutely fabulous. :clap :clap

I have this thing to be displayed with the upcoming eFX TIE Fighter: life-size SDS TIE Fighter Pilot helmet and chest armor:

sdstiefighterhelmetarmo.jpg

I have this thing to be displayed with the upcoming eFX TIE Fighter: life-size SDS TIE Fighter Pilot helmet and chest armor:

WOW!!! I mean ahhh WOW!!! That will make a sick display I can’t wait to see it. When did you pick that up is it new? I don't remember seeing it with your display over at the RS boards.

Back