eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Scout helmet is one of the most difficult helmets RS has made. While it i not excusable to have these delays, when you receive it you will understand why it is so hard to make and how beautiful it is. I had my fair share of frustration with the RS Scout, but was uber-happy when I got it, it is superb. Someone else received theirs recently, pics can be found on sirstevesguide forum, great lid.

Thanks man. I hope yours ships soon after mine.
I've not check in a while, but I think this signature edition is limited to only 100.
Thanks bud!
OK, just read the plaque itself and it indicates... #/100 so you are right.

The Scout helmet is one of the most difficult helmets RS has made. While it i not excusable to have these delays, when you receive it you will understand why it is so hard to make and how beautiful it is. I had my fair share of frustration with the RS Scout, but was uber-happy when I got it, it is superb. Someone else received theirs recently, pics can be found on sirstevesguide forum, great lid.

Good to hear that.
I love how every single weathered lid is unique in it's blast marks, grime, and wear. Amazing attention to detail.

I'm not surprised they won't tbh. It's a lot harder and probably not worth it tbh :p

When you consider EFX is making a so called "Legend" it should be worth it. I have a hunch Gino made his own the same way, in two halves.

BTW not sure why you always use the :p ... :p :lol

When you consider EFX is making a so called "Legend" it should be worth it. I have a hunch Gino made his own the same way, in two halves.

BTW not sure why you always use the :p ... :p :lol

smiley faces are my punctuation cause I don't take much seriously :p

it's neat but kinda unnecessary when it's all put together, and nah they don't make screen accurate stuff ^^

smiley faces are my punctuation cause I don't take much seriously :p

it's neat but kinda unnecessary when it's all put together, and nah they don't make screen accurate stuff ^^

I see it differently. I think it is a nice touch to make a prop the same way it was made back then ;P And EFX makes reasonably accurate stuff, all depends on the collectible itself ;-)

I see it differently. I think it is a nice touch to make a prop the same way it was made back then ;P And EFX makes reasonably accurate stuff, all depends on the collectible itself ;-)

What have they made that's been accurate :<? The new stormie lid was supposed to be a direct case iirc but that's never gonna come out :p Nice touch, probably doesn't lend well to mass production though ><

What have they made that's been accurate :<? The new stormie lid was supposed to be a direct case iirc but that's never gonna come out :p Nice touch, probably doesn't lend well to mass production though ><

I said reasonably accurate :wink1: And EFX did the Vader helmets and TIE Fighter, two items I own and I can say they are good enough for licensed items, the same way many MR items are good for licensed. I'm not an EFX hater, nor a cheerleader, when they deserve a praise they will easily get it from me, and when they deserve a critique they will get it as well.

I don't really like the Vader lids, the Tie is nice though. But that was pretty early on and it still took forever.

Just got an email from RS. They say my Biker Scout helmet will ship at the end of the week. Of course they said it would ship the following week a month ago. So, whatever:lol. I think it's actually pretty close now though, cause they asked for my balance to be paid off.
I guess they posted about it on Facebook. But, since I'm one of the few on the planet NOT on Facebook, I didn't see it. Anyway, I'm excited to finally get one of my Scout helmets!
Now, it's time for my freak out phase, as I hope it survives unharmed through it's trip across the pond.

Just got an email from RS. They say my Biker Scout helmet will ship at the end of the week. Of course they said it would ship the following week a month ago. So, whatever:lol. I think it's actually pretty close now though, cause they asked for my balance to be paid off.
I guess they posted about it on Facebook. But, since I'm one of the few on the planet NOT on Facebook, I didn't see it. Anyway, I'm excited to finally get one of my Scout helmets!
Now, it's time for my freak out phase, as I hope it survives unharmed through it's trip across the pond.

I'm not a big Freakbook fan either, it bores and tires me to no end.

Anyway, Good luck :D

giphy.gif

Awesome! Thanks for keeping us posted.
Looking forward to some good news.

Hey DR, did they ship to you yet?

I just checked my records... in about 3 weeks, that will mark the 1-year point for me.

Hey DR, did they ship to you yet?

I just checked my records... in about 3 weeks, that will mark the 1-year point for me.

No shipping notice as of yet. It's now paid off, so they can ship it any day now.
I hope you hear something soon. I'm approaching the 2 year from ordering mark. It'll be 2 years in April.... but I hope I'll have it by then.
July will be 3 years for the eFX Legend. Saddly, I fully expect to blow past the 3 year point with them.

No shipping notice as of yet. It's now paid off, so they can ship it any day now.
I hope you hear something soon. I'm approaching the 2 year from ordering mark. It'll be 2 years in April.... but I hope I'll have it by then.
July will be 3 years for the eFX Legend. Saddly, I fully expect to blow past the 3 year point with them.

Thank you. Hope you get it soon too.
3 years for eFX! There's no excuse. Way too long for this.

Sounds about right :lol

If you're lucky they'll ship it in about 2 weeks without any notice, and it'll turn up on your doorstep unannounced. Or, if you're like me they'll wait another 2 weeks and then email to "confirm shipping address." :slap Then it'll only be a few weeks after that. As for it arriving unharmed this is unfortunately a real concern, due to the subpar (read: thin and soft) cardboard boxes they use, and the tendency to use enough packing peanuts to fill up about 2 inches of the box, allowing the contents to rattle around when the box is inevitably turned over. Oddly enough all of my RS helmets come stuffed to the brim with foam peanuts INSIDE the helmet itself, but this doesn't really protect anything so I'm not sure why they do that. Quality rigid cardboard boxes and a few layers of the nice, mid-sized bubble wrap would seem a far better solution.

Hope to see pics soon! :)

Back