eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All this will end when the helmets are shipped to customers, then everyone is happy. Shortly after that the classic issues will start, who knows what it will be this time: wrong printed plaque, bad paint apps, scratches etc. Those will be fixed in a couple years and all is good. Then the next product is paid for by the customers and another waiting begins... and the same story starts once again. The neverending story.

I thought I'd be more enthusiastic about this announcement from EFX. I'm not. Recently I got one of the last big and rare prop blasters I wanted for a long time (a superb MGC ROTJ Stormtrooper blaster) and thus that section of collecting is almost closed, and that makes me VERY happy. EFX doesn't make me too happy anymore, except when I look at the TIE Fighter in my cabinet and realize how cool it is. Vader Legend is cool too, but not as cool as it could have been. I have a hunch the EFX Scout will be just the same: cool like the Vader helmet, but not like the TIE Fighter.

I was into helmets but once I got my studio scale X-Wing finished I basically sold my helmets and now concentrate on studio scale models. Nothing compares.

I was into helmets but once I got my studio scale X-Wing finished I basically sold my helmets and now concentrate on studio scale models. Nothing compares.

I partially agree... But I consider 1:1 helmets and props to be studio scale pieces since they are made for production the same way as the ships.

I partially agree... But I consider 1:1 helmets and props to be studio scale pieces since they are made for production the same way as the ships.

Exactly. I collect all: props, studio scale and helmets. Cannot get better than collecting all.

I still can't believe people are shelling out $900 for the legend edition with no completion date in sight.

Some new from Gino on RPF:

There are lots of projects in the pipeline and all of them are at varying stages in development.
Some move faster than others and do not necessarily impede the progress of other projects in the works.
For example, the creation of the death star modules had absolutely no impact on the progress of the scout.

One thing that EFX does not try to do is have too many outstanding projects hanging out there where money has exchanged hands.
Right now there are only two. The scout, and as of just several days ago the iron man helmet.
And most of those items, only a deposit is taken and the rest is not charged until the item ships. Unless you buy direct but that accounts for a very small percentage of the quantities that are sold.

There is always room for improving communication. Yet I know as a customer I would grow just as tired hearing the same update repeated, more factory delays...yadda yadda every month for a year or so. At some point even hearing that even becomes not good enough of a response because people just want their items. But I promise, we just want to get them to you as much as you want to get them.

The scout helmet is a beast. I believe of all the helmets in SW, it is the most challenging of all of them to pull off in a production environment. Getting it right has been a challenge to say the least. But we are committed to getting it right and the trade off is in delays. Which sucks I know. In the end the best we can hope for is that those who stuck with us and supported us will be left with something that they will cherish forever.

As far as any other projects we've previewed, they are all still in the works unless we have officially announced that they have been cancelled.

I'd be annoyed by all the delays with this stupid helmet by this point if I didn't have an RS Props Scout on the way as well (also delayed seemingly again and again... But they're a small shop of fans, not a supposedly functional business.)

I'm going to make a head-to-head comparison review of both helmets. Then I think I'll be selling this thing and don't plan on giving eFX another moment of my time.

Some new from Gino on RPF:

There are lots of projects in the pipeline and all of them are at varying stages in development.
Some move faster than others and do not necessarily impede the progress of other projects in the works.
For example, the creation of the death star modules had absolutely no impact on the progress of the scout.

One thing that EFX does not try to do is have too many outstanding projects hanging out there where money has exchanged hands.
Right now there are only two. The scout, and as of just several days ago the iron man helmet.
And most of those items, only a deposit is taken and the rest is not charged until the item ships. Unless you buy direct but that accounts for a very small percentage of the quantities that are sold.

There is always room for improving communication. Yet I know as a customer I would grow just as tired hearing the same update repeated, more factory delays...yadda yadda every month for a year or so. At some point even hearing that even becomes not good enough of a response because people just want their items. But I promise, we just want to get them to you as much as you want to get them.

The scout helmet is a beast. I believe of all the helmets in SW, it is the most challenging of all of them to pull off in a production environment. Getting it right has been a challenge to say the least. But we are committed to getting it right and the trade off is in delays. Which sucks I know. In the end the best we can hope for is that those who stuck with us and supported us will be left with something that they will cherish forever.

As far as any other projects we've previewed, they are all still in the works unless we have officially announced that they have been cancelled.

"yadda yadda"

Yep, that about sums up eFX... the broken faaarking record for over 6 years :slap

I'll be cracking the champagne when they shrivel up and disappear once and for all.

I talked to one of the guys at the eFX booth at NYCC. I asked "Any idea when the scout trooper helmet will be available?" He said "The end of this year, maybe."

Apparently BBTS & Entertainment Earth are now stating Q2 2016.

Let's have a competition and see what words spring to mind when people think of eFX?

Apparently BBTS & Entertainment Earth are now stating Q2 2016.

Let's have a competition and see what words spring to mind when people think of eFX?

Geeze, that could be June, buys them more time I guess.

E mbezzling
F abricated
X cuses

I was having a race to see which I got first. Would I receive my eFX Scout Legend first? Or my RS Scout? That race is still going on, but now I'm thinking of adding ANOVOS to the race. Not that ANOVOS has a Scout helmet (yet), I just want to see which prop company will break their long delays first, & get a product to my house.

Because of the Empire's defeat on Endor the Imperial factories are having problems delivering new products to the troops... :p Too bad Vader and the Emperor are no more, EFX would have been on schedule by now.

EFX: Lord Vader, this is an unexpected pleasure. We are honored by your presence...
Darth Vader: You may dispense with the pleasantries. I'm here to put you back on schedule.
EFX: We assure you, Lord Vader, our men are working as fast as they can.
Darth Vader: Perhaps I can find new ways to motivate them.

Update on biker scout helmet for efx there giving me a free Vader helmet 😍

February 16, 2016
Item: Scout Trooper Helmet - Legend Edition (Full Payment)
Dear Jesus:
First of all, I would like to apologize for all of the unexpected delays in this project. This project has had issues that were more challenging than usual or could have anticipated.
We also apologize for not communicating any updates recently. We ran into a significant issue and have been working hard to resolve it as quickly as possible. The factory that we were using for this project has gone out of business and we had to find another factory to take over this project. Fortunately, one of our other factories has agreed to take on this project and most importantly, they have produced a couple of our helmets before. Also, we do not have to start the development over. We were able to retrieve all of our master patterns and other development samples. So, the new factory will start to cast their sample helmets for our approval once they return from the Chinese New Years holiday. As soon as we have a confirmed new schedule, we will let you know!
Please note that the Biker Scout helmets will not be available for pre-order on our website until we have a more definitive production schedule.
Now, that brings us to you! Our loyal customers who had placed a pre-order for this helmet and have been waiting patiently.
As a special thank you for your patience and understanding, we will include one of our new Precision Cast Replica (PCR) Star Wars: A New Hope Darth Vader Helmet (SKU: 01141029) with your order at no charge to you! We will even pay for the shipping of the Vader helmet to you! (For our international customers, this does NOT include any duties and taxes levied by your country. This will remain your responsibility)
If you have not seen our new Darth Vader helmet, check it out HERE. We are really excited about this helmet, and especially for those who missed out on our Limited Edition Darth Vader helmets we made several years ago as it the master patterns were cast from the same Rick Baker molds.
Here are a few, very simple, terms and conditions:
1. This offer only applies to customers who ordered direct online on our EFXCollectibles.com website.
2. This offer applies to all customers whether you paid in full or just placed a deposit. The pre-order must have been placed BEFORE February 6, 2016
3. This offer only applies to our ANH Darth Vader helmet – Precision Cast Replica, SKU 01141029
4. Only 1 Vader helmet per customer regardless of how many Biker Scout helmets you pre-ordered.
5. No substitutions will be allowed (even of equivalent value) and cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts.
6. Cannot be substituted for credit or cash towards your Biker Scout helmet purchase price.
7. Once you accept this offer and your Vader helmet has been shipped to you, no cancellations/refunds of your payment or pre-order deposit for your Biker Scout helmet will be allowed.
8. The customers who paid in full will receive their Vader helmets when they are in stock, which anticipated to be April/May.
9. Customers who paid a deposit with their pre-order, will receive their Vader helmet after your Biker Scout helmet is paid in full.
10. For our international customers, we will pay for the shipping of the Vader helmet, but you will be responsible for any duties or taxes levied by your country.
11. Only exchanges for warranty issues with your Biker Scout helmet will be allowed. There will be no refunds.
If you have any questions in regards to your pre-order for the Biker Scout helmet, please e-mail us at [email protected]
Also, please note, if you placed several different -pre-orders, you will only receive 1 e-mail with the order information of the order that was placed first, as this e-mail program deletes duplicate e-mails, so do not worry!
Thanks and once again for your continued support and we appreciate your patience and understanding. We also apologize for any inconvenience (and frustration) this may have caused!
Bryan

Yeah, not impressed. For international customers EFX should have offered free shipping instead of this helmet if buyers wanted. But I guess they would have to give me 2-3 PCR Vader helmets to cover for their greedy shipping collaborators international fees LOL... I already have Legend Vader (and used to have LE too) no need for another ANH Vader lid. Unless EFX declares value 0 for the package (but then not sure how it will be insured when shipped), why would I need to pay taxes for this PCR helmet I don't want? EFX is full of surprises, but most of them are unwanted surprises...

Back