Ebay Scam? Iron Man Midas and Mark VI Chinese seller

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah his feedback is all over the place though mostly positive - and seems to sell a lot of abstract art (!?) but there is no feedback on any Hot Toys purchases.
So strange....maybe some boxes 'fell off a truck'...

Even if he got them free, he'd be a fool to sell them at that price. Just use your common sense... if you know anything about these figures, you know that's an impossible price.

Okay, seriously? Even in the description he has the XLII instead of Midas(XXII)..

Oh I'm not pulling the trigger - I ain't dumb ;)
I did send a question just to see if they even respond...

Noticed in the description of Midas and MK VI it says " Movie Masterpiece Diecast Series". Never knew Midas and MK VI were diecast, lol...

well it reeks of lazy and quick listing and simply using the same template and not changing some key elements and photos

Without a doubt a scam. Unfortunately I know. Lived an experience that was the picture perfect scam of an IM just like this appears. For me it was War Machine for $150. Tracking numbers are even sent. eBay got enough complaints after 1 month to catch on and close their account. Paypal refunded me in full but I'll never forget it or buy high tix item from anywhere but USA. I bet a month or two from now that eBay userID doesn't exist. It seems they spend time collecting real or fake reps and then make one last big ditch sale on their eBay ID realizing that sooner or later their eBayID will get **** down but not before a good handful of victims have paid a whopping amount. Its perfect scam when you think about it. Nothing anyone can do but live and learn. I did. I think because I knew I was covered with paypal that I took that chance. But never again. Oh and they respond to email with solid responses. I got many.

It's a pretty dumb scam too. He could have listed it for 4 times the price and not set off so many alarms and sold just as many. I imagine he'll clean out his Paypal account immediately and anyone trying to claim back will be out of luck.

I think it's the same person that starts off selling small trinkets like Hello Kitty iphone cases and beads to himself using different accounts to give himself positive feedback then tries too sell "Hot Toys." I think he's trying a slightly different tactic now by using different items to first build his feedback. Look at his last feedback on the 24th where the feedback is for "beads" and the item sold is supposed to be a painting.

It takes a while to get your money back too, plus you're letting these guys get away with money since it could be a hacked account. It's always done with rare pricey items usually where they claim they get it wholesale or in bulk. Always remember these HT figures are limited in production and anyone selling a lot of them at a low price is almost certainly a scammer. Can't let these losers win...

It's a pretty dumb scam too. He could have listed it for 4 times the price and not set off so many alarms and sold just as many. I imagine he'll clean out his Paypal account immediately and anyone trying to claim back will be out of luck.

Wouldn't PayPal still cover your purchase even if the seller done a runner?

Back