ebay ID: ugtoys - Have you bought from them?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confused now I have won two statues Gandalfax and Galadriel and same as some of you , I rang him and all very nice etc etc, but are we dealing with a hi-jacked account as someone mentioned or the REAL UG Toys? Either way Ebay had a buyer protection on there and paying by Paypal as long as you don't let it go beyond 45 days you can claim it all back so not too worried.........yet! :confused:

If the shop is in Arundel street in Portsmouth then its the right place and you are not likely to get ripped off by an established shop.

pordey2 said:
I'm saying it again...

Just noticed that, too. ugtoyz is now gone, too. I don't believe that Ebay accounts get closed for no reason...

...and if something seems to be too good to be true, it usually is. :eek:

We have all been dealing with the REAL UG Toys.

He was able to track my order and actually sent me an e-mail to explain what had happened. My order was still on track to be delivered within the 21 days.

Still not concerned...

abstractharmony said:
We have all been dealing with the REAL UG Toys.

He was able to track my order and actually sent me an e-mail to explain what had happened. My order was still on track to be delivered within the 21 days.

Still not concerned...

But what would be your explanation for his strange selling behaviour on Ebay and why his accounts are getting closed?

goliath said:
But what would be your explanation for his strange selling behaviour on Ebay and why his accounts are getting closed?

It's easy enough to get someones account closed on Ebay. A couple of complaints will do it.

Have been buying stuff from this shop for around 12 years under other management but the shop is still the same and sells stuff for decent prices usually bought in bulk from wholesalers in Europe.

i asked about Ug over at Statue Forum and the threads keep getting deleted, but Ug registered over there and answered alot of questions, altho my main question hasn't been answered. how's he selling these so cheap? now that he's more well known it doesn't happen as often but for about 2 straight months he was selling these well below wholesale. he claims they aren't factory seconds, so why would SS start up a partnership w/ someone from the UK? wouldn't shipping alone make it cost prohibitive? hell i dunno. maybe someone should just ask SS or Dusty

I don't think there's a partnership between SS and ugtoys. First of all that would be very foolish I think (just IMO) from SS and secondly I don't think it would be something SS would do since it is not good for theri own business I think. But this is pure hypothetical speaking since Ugtoys not only selss these SS statues dirtcheap but also Palisades stuff and Weta (Kong/Narnia). But even more surprising (and that's what makes ME wonder if he really buys in big lots with his suppliers, as he claims) are the Master Replica things and especially the Star Trek Signed Kirk and SPcok Phasers.. I believe he had several of those on auction.

I'm still hoping everything will be fine. For us buyers but for him as well, presuming he really is legit, like ppl here claim he is.

hm don't know if this is knwon already. but he's still active under ANOTHER account.. :confused:

Don't get me wrong, even if you're doing good and legit business.. But to be frank, having 3 or who knows how many Ebay-accounts , and wich are also changed from name more than once, does NOT help me gaining your trust.

And accidentally, yesterday I found out it is against the rules of Paypal to sell something with a delivery-time of more than 2 weeks.. hmm or was it 3.. damn.. have to look it up again.. Anyway.. just FYI.

Don't get me wrong! I'm still hoping he's good for it and since several ppl from the UK here say they know his business I still have faith. I'm just wondering if he's playing it smart with Ebay.

Hi guys,

I bought 2 mumaks (and more) and I received the 2 mumaks.
1 was ok. The second one is damaged but will be replaced.
He send me a email last week that I will recieve my items next week.

So monday or tuesday I will receive the Items.
Also won more items... but I told him that Im paying that items when I recieved the other items because it was not in the 28 days (delivery)
He understand that.
So I think everything is ok.

I will let you know when I recieve the items this week.
(1 replacement mumak, another mumak and a gothmog)
Also won a PJ but this one will be shipped next week he told me.

So Guys I will let you know when all the stuff is here....

Regards,
Hoekie

Hoekie thanks for your email.

My Name is Tesh and I own U.G Toys. We are not based in Portsmouth but in North London. A few ebayers have mentioned this forum to me and i have read the posts and I need to clear a few things up.

Our ebay accounts : ugtoys and ugtoyz have been suspended but we have had confirmation from ebay that they will be reinstating the account very soon.

The suspension has caused concerns to ebayers that we may have gone off with their money but we haven't but not having access to out ebay account has delayed items being shipped as we now have to search through paper records. Luckily we were able to email all our ebay customers regarding the suspension and give our contact details. If we were dodgy why give everyone a way to contact us.

I'm sure if you have purchased from us you have been in touch with me. I am not a con man as someone stated in an earlier post.

We have 100% positive feedback. Ebay have not explained why they suspended us but requested documentation about our company. This has been supplied to them and they have verified our details I have spoken to a lot of people about this and our suppliers and it seems that their our people out there who have complained to ebay about us.

We do buy in bulk and we have pallettes arriving everyday and we work 7 days a week to meet orders.

We are still trading on ebay and we will continue to do so until ebay remove the suspension. Why should we stop trading because someone has complained to them. I must stress that ebay have not given us a reason for the suspension.

Anyone who has placed a paypal case, i have no choice but to issue a refund this under strict instructions from paypal (another ebay company), reason for this the suspension has caused a lot ebayer to get worried and put a claim in within the 45 days. This has caused our paypal account to reach its limit on complaints and we have now no choice but to issue refunds. I would have preferred to send you the items obviously and close the case and get the money. Anyone who has a paypal complaint will receive a refund shortly.

If anyone has any question they want me to answer I'm more than happy to do so.

If you have purchased something from us and it has been delayed blame ebay for kicking us out temporarily. This whole week has been a nightmare We now have to work from paper invoices which delays us sending items out by 1 day.

We will have our website up next week so we hope to be moving away from ebay for good.

Also we do try to respond to as many emails as possible.

One quick question. Why not just sell the items as they arrive or when they are one week away from arriving at your shop. That way the buyer doesn't have to wait 21-28 days? Even though you have 100% feedback, you must realize the 21-28 waiting period is costing you potential bids.

Fritz said:
One quick question. Why not just sell the items as they arrive or when they are one week away from arriving at your shop. That way the buyer doesn't have to wait 21-28 days? Even though you have 100% feedback, you must realize the 21-28 waiting period is costing you potential bids.

I agree.. that time span leaves the buyer ever so vulnerable to exceeding Paypal's 30 day rule..

Doesnt make sense to me.

i agree that maybe we should review the 21- 28 day. However to get the items in stock and then sell it would cause us a storage problem that's why we try to allocate stock before hand so that as soon as we get the items in we ship them straight out. As you can imagine 80 sauron statues would cause quite a storage problem.

Hi,

Been lurking for a few days now so thought i'd start to post!

Only been buying statues, action figures (or toys as my girlfriend calls them) for a few months now.

I've purchased a few items from ebay off Ugtoys but haven't recieved anything yet.

How long do you have until you can claim back money off Paypal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back