Watch out for buyer on Ebay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giantqtipz

Super Freak
Reaction score
I sold my sealed QS009 last Friday. Shipped same day and arrived yesterday.

Buyer said I lied in my listing, because the packing tape on the brown shipping box looks off as if I opened and resealed to "cover my tracks"

Ive sold a few sealed figures before with no issues. This guy didnt open the shipping box either to confirm it was sealed. I had no choice but to accept a return and lose $60.

Ive had 100% feedback since 2008, and have absolutely no reason and time to lie and scam. Told him packing tapes degrade over time, especially since the package was sitting in my closet for a few years unopened. He eas aggressive, didnt care and just wanted a return and refund.

ebay id is buttbl_0, goes by Flutura Gjeloshi.

Ive yet to receive my item back, but Im going to open to make sure its the same exact one.

He is also looking for a QS001. He was about to buy the one I had for sale, and luckily I told him to wait for the QS009 to arrive first..

Watch out for this guy. Good luck

Another instance of scumbag buyers on eBay.

This is why eBay is a nightmare for honest sellers with sought after collectibles being targeted by scamming buyers.

That blows. What was his feedback rating? I had a similar thing happen to me a few years ago, sold a sealed NECA movie turtle SDCC set for like $400 and the dude got it in hand and complained that it had been opened before because there were TWO pieces of tape on the bottom instead of just one. It made absolutely no sense. My listing was no returns accepted so I refused the return and he opened a case with eBay which of course I lost. I even emailed NECA directly with pictures and got confirmation that it was tape from the factory, and eBay still didn’t care about that evidence I presented. Basically NECA announced the single pack turtles right after the guy received the ones he bought from me and he clearly decided he could screw me over to get his money back and go buy the singles for way cheaper. Buyer had like 30 feedback but his rating at the time was only 0% because he hadn’t used eBay in like a year, mine was 100% and that also did not matter in my case. Now I put a disclaimer on all my listings that I will cancel your order if you don’t meet a certain feedback level and haven’t had an issue since despite some people still ignoring that and forcing me to cancel their purchase. But having that one negative feedback on my account for a year was incredibly frustrating, I’d never had a negative feedback before or since.

Ebay can be a crapshoot sometimes. I've leaned to list every potential negative on what I'm selling, and state on the auction details that if a bid is made these "negatives" are acknowledged and accepted.

Clear photos of everything.

Ebay can be a crapshoot sometimes. I've leaned to list every potential negative on what I'm selling, and state on the auction details that if a bid is made these "negatives" are acknowledged and accepted.

Clear photos of everything.
This is a very good recommendation. I would also add taking a clear video of you packing the item in the box. Ebay almost always sides with the buyer. The more evidence you have the better.

Back