Ebay BR Joker Blue Eye Repaint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kind of shame the eyes dont pop, they are easily the best part. Probably would, if you position him with lights hitting them, even the regular BR head benefits from that, but that's one thing that always annoys me with the factory heads, they eyes look way too generic. The only two pairs of convincing eyes i've ever seen were this pair, and JC Hong's repaint. Aside from that though, kmiro does have some badass paint apps, even to be able to strip the head down bare, and repaint it, as good as, if not better than the factory paint is amazing work. Still a top repaint :) This was number 4. Can't wait to see the next one, as it's the slicked down hair and brown eyed, let's see how they look, if kmiro can get them as well done. Then another BR joker head i think. I'm following their blog, so i'll post pics here, if nobody minds :)

Heath's eyes never 'popped' in the movie, so I'm not sure why that would be a big deal. I would rather something look realistic than artificially bright and colorful. But I do agree that it is deceiving if he is PSing his ebay photos and it is bad business practice, IMO.

Heath's eyes never 'popped' in the movie, so I'm not sure why that would be a big deal.

No, what we're talking about is this repaint. The customizer (kmiro) painted the eyes blue instead of dark brown (which would be accurate for Heath/Joker). The pics kmiro posted showing the eyes were startling because the blue in the eyes "popped" and the paint colors (whites and reds, etc.) also popped. So that's where that comment stems from. It's regarding the pics kmiro took of this repaint. Has nothing to do with the film JustinLuck. :D

Oh, I understand that Devil. I know Kmiro had his own vision for the piece and colored the eyes blue. I agree it is unfair to buyers if he modifies the pics in Photoshop when advertising his paint apps. I was just saying in the previous post that it is my personal preference for paint to have realistic hues rather than be overly bright or saturated.

Cool. I agree. I don't like wonky repaints either i.e. another guy over at ToyWorld repainted his BR Joker head and gave it green zombie like eyes. Almost like the Hulk or something. I appreciated the skill but overall I thought it looked stupid.

i'm thinking of repainting the eyes of my BR Joker.
i want him to look straight forward rather than the default left side.
but i'm too afraid to paint it :D
i mean, what if i cant put both eyes in the same position :rotfl

well...........whenever i do get another digital camera :sick i will b sure to take side by side commparisons of the real thing vs. his "photoshopped" pics for u guys:duh

Hey I'll paint my Joker head's eyes blue and I'll sell it for $$150 if anyone is interested... :monkey5

:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol

Yeah, it's a nice paint up and all... but nothing all that drastic really. The eye color change is off putting and it just feels wrong. I know it's his thing... but I don't get why he would do his thing here.

Linear stylings may be my "thing", but do I paint the Joker with black linear tattoos on his face or some crazy sharp eyebrows or something? Nope.

I don't get the reasoning from it at all, besides a pure "oooh...ahhh" factor from seeing the fantastic paint for the bright eyes. And that makes no sense after the initial oohs and ahhs subside and you are left with a Joker with the wrong color eyes AND $300 poorer for it. :lol

AND we have a new version
https://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=180368644470
Damn this dude's paint applications are SLICK, very very VERY lifelike. The eyes are alot on the orange side of brown imo (he's not joseph fiennes), but seeing as he usually alters the photos presumably, they might be spot on in real life. I like it, not enough to buy, but alot, not worth the price JUST for the head IMHO

Very cool, if my BR head looked that good I'd actually display him without the mask.:eek: I'm not a big fan of the sculpt, the smirk and eyes just don't work for me somehow, but it really looks awesome like this.

Yep seems people REALLY dig deep for custom work, like i said, i've seen easily made 1/6th customs go for over 5 thousand US, crazy! I agree about not feeling the sculpt overly much, i do dig it, heaps, but it's just so limited to a few moments in that one single scene, and the facial expression doesn't suit it, there isn't much going for it in that sense, and he looks too cool with the mask on and pressed down against the hair (as the sculpt suggests) to warrant displaying him without the mask IMHO.

That is a great repaint. Eyes however are to light. They needed to be darker. Still very well done on the makeup!

Back