Ebay BR Joker Blue Eye Repaint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you can have my 1/4 heath joker+^^^^eload of cash :D he's gunna eventually make more, i think, but won't take 'commissions' perse' because he hasnt done enough to be confident with

Last edited:
yup, got him yesterday......looks just as good in person :naughty

picsorgtfo.gif

u guys are driving me nuts :banghead.........i thought i could just ignore this thread, but i will try to snap a few.........:monkey3

so.......while trying to take pics of this guy, of course my digital camera falls on the floor and now is out of commission :sick, so these are all taken from my iphone, and i admit are completely lousy pics and in no way compare to kmiro's pics.......and looks much better in real life. dont know where he will go until i get the bust to go with him

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

i admit are completely lousy pics and in no way compare to kmiro's pics.......

Really hard to say because yeah the pic quality is terrible, but just initially I have to say: I'm seriously starting to think that kmiro alters his photographs with photoshop or some other program. Seriously. Maybe I'm wrong.. but ALL of his photographs looked altered to me. :monkey3

so.......while trying to take pics of this guy, of course my digital camera falls on the floor and now is out of commission :sick

How convenient...........KMIRO! :lol just keed. Those are the best pics the iPhone can take? Wow. The repaint still looks good though, man. Congrats!

Really hard to say because yeah the pic quality is terrible, but just initially I have to say: I'm seriously starting to think that kmiro alters his photographs with photoshop or some other program. Seriously. Maybe I'm wrong.. but ALL of his photographs looked altered to me. :monkey3

the figure honestly looks just as good as his pics in real life, i just dont have the capability to capture the detail in the face sculpt :monkey1

How convenient...........KMIRO! :lol just keed. Those are the best pics the iPhone can take? Wow. The repaint still looks good though, man. Congrats!

these are not the best pics my phone has taken, its more of a long range quality with iphone cameras, not so great up close, so i couldnt really capture the detail in the sculpt. thx for the comments :D

so.......while trying to take pics of this guy, of course my digital camera falls on the floor and now is out of commission :sick, so these are all taken from my iphone, and i admit are completely lousy pics and in no way compare to kmiro's pics.......and looks much better in real life. dont know where he will go until i get the bust to go with him

Ouch sorry to hear about the cam man.
''dont know where he will go until i get the bust to go with him''
You can put him in a post box and send him down this way lol :naughty
He looks good man, shame about pic quality but good nonetheless, i like the greasy looking hair.
Devil, Kmiro has admitted on his (her?) blog thing, that he (she?) uses photoshop to enhance photos 'as part of the processing of digital photography'. I can't imagine it would be too much though, would it? I don't even know if the person is a dude anymore lol, could be a chick?
If you ever get the chance to snap some full digital pics would be awesome to see

Devil, Kmiro has admitted on his (her?) blog thing, that he (she?) uses photoshop to enhance photos 'as part of the processing of digital photography'. I can't imagine it would be too much though, would it?

Under normal circumstances I'd say it wouldn't matter even if the manipulation was on the extreme end. But here's the thing: This person is selling this stuff. So just for me, "what you see is what you get" doesn't apply when you're seeing something for sale that isn't a correct representation of what you'll be getting. That's just me. The first thing I noticed, even with the low quality pics is the eyes aren't as stark and don't pop as much as in Kmiro's photos. If you wanna see how drastic it can get feel free to send me a pic and I'll alter it to show you.

thanks for the pics anyway.

yeah cheers man :)

Under normal circumstances I'd say it wouldn't matter even if the manipulation was on the extreme end. But here's the thing: This person is selling this stuff. So just for me, "what you see is what you get" doesn't apply when you're seeing something for sale that isn't a correct representation of what you'll be getting. That's just me. The first thing I noticed, even with the low quality pics is the eyes aren't as stark and don't pop as much as in Kmiro's photos. If you wanna see how drastic it can get feel free to send me a pic and I'll alter it to show you.

Yeah i totally get ya man, even regular light can play havoc on photos like that, without the PS work, i guess you can do pretty drastic things with it though

I've always suspected that. The eyes look esp. 'suss'.

azurepred...is that the sculpt from ebay? you bought it?

yup!

yeah........the eyes defn dont pop that much in real life, but no complaints

Yeah as long as you're happy Azure.. it's not an issue. Just think of this as a side discussion because you're the first person on here to ever get something from kmiro. A lot of us had these suspicions and had this discussion before, when someone posted other customs from kmiro but because none of us ever saw the actual finished piece in-hand, it was all speculation. There was a pic of another Joker head kmiro did and numerous painters even spoke up and said that it would be impossible to paint it up exactly like the pic.. which first prompted everyone to start thinking that ALL of kmiro's pics were doctured (i.e. getting the white make-up extra WHITE by fiddling with the brightness/contrast.. recoloring the eyes to make them pop etc.) so this isn't something new only relating to your piece. I think all together kmiro has done 4 or 5 different Joker heads. So no big deal and nothing is aimed at you so don't get upset. Congrats on the addition to your collection bro!!!

Back