Ebay BR Joker Blue Eye Repaint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blakus939

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ebay BR Joker Blue Eye Repaint, & Other Ebay customs

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=180340786752
Just wondering, did anybody here snag this one? I'm torn, i missed out by a dollar :monkey2 Was just such a fantastic piece, so individual looking. I agree with others about it looking a bit too subtle for the maniac that the joker was, but it was one of a kind. Incredible work. Still waiting to see if the seller will paint me one. If anyone here got it, would you be interested to sell it, for more than you paid? Hell, even a swap+cash for some other Dark Knight HT figures if you are keen, i just love this. Let me know, i'm hell bent on owning it.
What do you reckon everyone? About the repaint that is. As said, i agree on most parts about it looking not so mean, but the work is just breathtaking. Eyes, makeup smear, the hairline, rub through. Insane!

Last edited:
It's a nice repaint, but not $300 nice.

I'd say its a bit much as well... but still very, very nice. I actually really like the stripped image, show's how much the original sculpt resembles Ledger.

joker-progress.jpg

And I wonder why blue eyes were chosen? Not correct, and kind of looks too sad, rather than maniacal?

It's kind of like the sellers/artist's trademark. Most of his works (alot of girls) have this particular seductive looking piercing blue eye, it's just his thing i guess. Just the particular style, Pure and innocent look. Kind of suits it imho. It's the contrast of seductive/maniac that's appealing. If the artist did the same realistic eyes but brown, it would be an absolute stunner
Terminator, it's the little things, the area along the eyelid, the mouth area, creases under the side of the nose, compare the hairline of the original to the repaint, looks ten times more natural

Looks like a great repaint. One of the best I've seen. I still don't think it is worth twice the price of the factory paint ... it isn't THAT much better.

Though -- apparently the head was "partially rescupted" at the hairline to eliminate the line between the face and the hair. Interesting.

SnakeDoc

Yeah i didnt get what they meant by that at first, but he's taken the bold join away, smoothed it, and painted/flowed it into the head. Looks tops, gives it a more slick/greased look too

$300 for that repaint is not that bad considering you get the enitre figure, all accessories, the original box and everything else that was included. If you don't own the figure already you'd be paying half that anyway. So you're really not paying that much more for the repaint itself.

$300 for that repaint is not that bad considering you get the enitre figure, all accessories, the original box and everything else that was included. If you don't own the figure already you'd be paying half that anyway. So you're really not paying that much more for the repaint itself.

Although it is missing the 2nd head... but I guess if you paid $300 for this you wouldn't really display the alternate portrait :lol

The hair is the best thing about this repaint/resculpt

The way he added resin and blended it in is really amazing. Looks pretty good for plastic hair.

Thats an Awesome repaint, Not accurate!!....but looks really Nice, kudos to the Artist!!

i actually won this auction :rotfl i was suprised as hell. the blue eyes i know are not accurate, but thats what stood out to me, i didnt want somethin that every other custom had......... not sure if i would sell this blakus, i will have to wait and c this in person cause i was planning to get the cop joker and display the two next to my 1:1 bust of him which will not have blue eyes :naughty i will keep u in mind though if i decide too

i love this repaint. The work he did on blending the hairline is fantastic. Some wonderfully subtle work in their. I can only hope to get anywhere near close to that when I eventually get my own Joker to repaint. :bow

Genuine question though... I know Heath has brown eyes, but can someone confirm from a screencap that the jokey does too? (actor/character eye colours don't always tie up. Sometimes they wear contact lenses to colour the eyes.). I can't be bothered switching on my TV/bluray and watching through the whole film to see if he does or not, lol.

i love this repaint. The work he did on blending the hairline is fantastic. Some wonderfully subtle work in their. I can only hope to get anywhere near close to that when I eventually get my own Joker to repaint. :bow

Genuine question though... I know Heath has brown eyes, but can someone confirm from a screencap that the jokey does too? (actor/character eye colours don't always tie up. Sometimes they wear contact lenses to colour the eyes.). I can't be bothered switching on my TV/bluray and watching through the whole film to see if he does or not, lol.

looks pretty brown to me..........

cap101.jpg

Back