E-Web Cannon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. The thing is nothing like Hasbro
2. The Rebel Scum photos don't show the legs at full extension - the gun naturally sits lower than shown in their photos
3. If you can stop the feet from sliding out, you can control the height of the gun somewhat
4. Nice piece - but not accurate (at all, not even close) to the prop in most details/areas (got mine as partial payment for some work)

I have mine in process of adding internal wiring. Flashing blue-tinted lighting inside the battery box and red LED in the sight. Neither inspired by the movie, I just though it would look nice on the shelf. Wiring to the gun runs inside the rubber hose (that was a *****).

Seriously? I never really checked it. The barrel's a bit too low to the ground but I assumed it was pretty screen accurate. Probot's very close to accurate to the full-size prop.

The barrel's a bit too low to the ground but I assumed it was pretty screen accurate.

You didn't notice that the legs on the SSC are arranged as an equilateral triangle, with all sides and angles being equal, while the prop is an isosceles with only two sides and angles equal?

SSC:
basic-geometric-shapes-equilateral-triangle-ns-bw.gif

Prop:
isoc_tri_040_36972_lg.gif

The legs on the prop have thicker members and details different than on the prop. The box bar that fits around the forward leg forms a thinner rectangle on the prop where on the SSC it's more square. Cannon tip, cone, sight box, all different proportions/details. Battery box smaller in size on the prop with a lot more details/greeblies. The domed part of the top of the battery box should be on the hose/feed end of the box.

These few things can be seen in just one of the screenshots posted recently.

And as they say, much much more. :)

Since accuracy is out the window anyway, I figure taking liberties with lighting it up are totally OK.

I think the Probot they brought in some Probot expert to help out on. Don't know if the same applies to the e-web.

I think it's a variation on Proctologist?:lol

You didn't notice that the legs on the SSC are arranged as an equilateral triangle, with all sides and angles being equal, while the prop is an isosceles with only two sides and angles equal?

SSC:
basic-geometric-shapes-equilateral-triangle-ns-bw.gif

Prop:
isoc_tri_040_36972_lg.gif

The legs on the prop have thicker members and details different than on the prop. The box bar that fits around the forward leg forms a thinner rectangle on the prop where on the SSC it's more square. Cannon tip, cone, sight box, all different proportions/details. Battery box smaller in size on the prop with a lot more details/greeblies. The domed part of the top of the battery box should be on the hose/feed end of the box.

These few things can be seen in just one of the screenshots posted recently.

And as they say, much much more. :)

Since accuracy is out the window anyway, I figure taking liberties with lighting it up are totally OK.

Yeah, no I could see the legs were at a different angle - that's why I was asking a few weeks ago if the legs could be adjusted. But really surprised to hear the details are off by that much.

It's that weird "no more effort to make it accurate" thing that SSC just doesn't seem to get.:dunno

Wow, looks like it could be a companion piece to the DX07 weathervane. I've never liked the generator thing so it's great that you've found something cool for it to do. That blue colour should be called 'Star Wars blue'.

Bumping this to post a warning, unsure if people reported on this already. I had my original cannon packed and just sold it. I decided to check it out before packing to confirm the placement of the tripod legs. Turns out the rubber hose that comes with this had melted all the way through the styrofoam. I was able to remove the melted styrofoam from the hose, it has a glue like consistency. The rubber must react with the styrofoam in some way. If you have this stored you may want to check and make sure the hose is wrapped all the way in paper.

The issue with storing in package is you never know what's happening to the figure in there. Some materials like the hose mentioned bight interact over a long period with other dissimilar materials. I think it's a good idea to let the materials off-gas and solvent odours dissipate instead of trapping them all in the box for extended periods as well. If you have to store, definitely do an unboxing and thorough inspection before packing everything back up. Then also make sure rubber-like materials are protected from contact with styrofoam and maybe pack in a larger and fresh desiccant pouch.

I can't decide if I want to keep this order. I have a decent set of Stormtroopers building but no Snowtroopers yet. Its like my 4LOM order, do I really want him when I have no bounty hunters yet?

I'm so indecisive, haha

Funny you mentioned these. I actually cancelled my orders for both today. I was using the same logic. No snowtroopers and I haven't been "blown away" by the other Bounty Hunter releases so why keep 4LOM?
The part that helped the decision, probably no chance of getting a $20 discount applied before they shipped or the flex pays started.

Funny you mentioned these. I actually cancelled my orders for both today. I was using the same logic. No snowtroopers and I haven't been "blown away" by the other Bounty Hunter releases so why keep 4LOM?
The part that helped the decision, probably no chance of getting a $20 discount applied before they shipped or the flex pays started.

I like the way you think....and I do love coupons...

Bumping this to post a warning, unsure if people reported on this already. I had my original cannon packed and just sold it. I decided to check it out before packing to confirm the placement of the tripod legs. Turns out the rubber hose that comes with this had melted all the way through the styrofoam. I was able to remove the melted styrofoam from the hose, it has a glue like consistency. The rubber must react with the styrofoam in some way. If you have this stored you may want to check and make sure the hose is wrapped all the way in paper.

:slap CRAP! Thanks for the heads up cstojano and whoever originally pointed this out.

Great I've had mine packed in the garage (above 80° during the day) since I got it during the first release!!! I am not optimistic :(

Just got my email notice:

Your Blaster Cannon will be arriving into our warehouse in approximately 7 days. Your card will be charged for your order on Friday, February 17, 2017.

Back