DX10 T800 and 1/6 Scale Mojave Desert Armory Diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulhoyosm

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
T2 Diorama video.jpg

After 7 months of hard work on this project (August 2014 - March 2015), I feel so glad I've finished this diorama from one of my favorite Sci-Fi movies. I am so proud to present this 1/6 Scale Mojave Desert Armory from Terminator 2: Judgment Day. This diorama is specially crafted based on the movie scene where T800 (Arnold Schwarzenegger) and John Connor (Edward Furlong) come into Sarah's weapons cache.

Every detail was carefully analized from scale to small wood boxes, in order to make the most accurate diorama from this movie scene. Everything you will see in these pictures was made from scratch. Ammo wood boxes, Blue hardigg boxes, large table, and ladder were made of authentic wood. Only green ammo boxes were bought online from China. Supplies cardboard boxes (water/food) were made of stock paper. Concrete block were made of Apoxie Sculpt. T2 logo and plaque were made of wood wrapped on with pewter and aluminium sheets.

Every weapon seen on the movie scene are displayed on this diorama. They were bought online mostly from China and US Here's the complete list:

-3 Antitank Bazooka RPG-7
-4 M60 machine gun
-2 Winchester 1300 (12 Gauge)
-1 M79 grenade launcher
-2 Colt Commando CAR-15 Variants
-1 Handheld GE M134 Minigun
-1 Browning M2HB
-1 MAC-10 submachine gun (customize)
-2 MP5
-10 M72 LAW
-7 AKM
-5 M16-A1
-2 Jones: Falklands War - Sterling Sub Machine Gun
-2 Russian Soviet Red Army - SUBMACHINE GUN PPS-43
-1 Heavy Machine gun support

Extras:
-42 Ammo Boxes
-6 Large Army wood boxes
-4 Heavy Army wood boxes
-4 blue Hardigg cases
-3 wood boxes with red edges
-2 small wood boxes with straps
-6 large wood boxes with straps

Weapons and guns Source:
Terminator 2: Judgment Day - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games

*DIORAMA VIDEO HERE:
https://youtu.be/E0yifMpzYsk

*FREE ACCESS to MOJAVE DESERT ARMORY on FACEBOOK:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=c2f0d17175

*You are NOT on facebook!? No worries. STOP MOTION VIDEO on YOUTUBE:

Brilliant work:clap:thud::clap

I thought I would take the liberty to post the video in picture form just incase people aren't inclined to click the link

One of the best Terminator dios I've seen. :clap

There's been some great ones. What this one has over any other is that it fully and completely recreates an environment from the movie. Everything else - Pescadero hospitals, Steel Mill furnaces etc - is necessarily limited but this had the benefit of being a small, enclosed room that could be made in full. And he did it with stunning perfectionism. The figure is the least realistic thing in this display - the head specifically - as he did an awesome job weathering the clothes.

I was going to say the same thing, but I didn't want to piss all over the DX10's headsculpt. May we one day have a clean Uncle Bob that rivals the quality of this diorama. :duff

Back