DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
Sadly my camera just isn't good enough to capture it. And I'm a bit uncomfortable fiddling around the area to try.

It's just a clear plastic film. Bear in mind that this is the only difference we can physically see. Hot toys may have been tinkering with other aspects such as the chemical composition of the rubber, changes in production process etc, but haven't announced anything as they themselves are seeing how new revisions to the suit will turn out.

I'll keep you guys posted. If any oil starts to appear, I will most definitely take a picture of it and post it here.

Thanks! :)

Interesting to read a second report of this film being implemented, just hope it pays off better here than for Eddy.

It's nice that someone with a new replacement has common sense with this. It's not fixed but nor is it leaking and they'll keep us posted with an open mind rather than posting everytime it's fixed it's fixed! Considering the other guy is now selling his two originals that claimed they were so flawless and he is now on his 6th day owning it.

Yeah, I wouldn't disturb it either. Who knows what weirdness this creates having a poke about.

Hey, it is fixed! I ordered 840 of them. 10 minutes, no problem! Selling them all of them but one though. You get first dib! :monkey1

Eddie took that clear film out and shoved some flattened kitchen roll up both his figures like mine.

eddieintokyo said:
3/20/2010, 12:47 pm
OK, that film underneath the abs totally didn't work. I've now shoved some kitchen towel up his belly like Voudon.

The kevlar arm pads, the paint is beginning to get damaged - can see the semi-circle shape of the shoulder pads on it. The oil on the arms is not coming from the shoulder pads as I originally thought, its coming from underneath the arm pads itself (I put a piece of clingfilm on it last night to stop the shoulder pad from touching the arm pads. The oil is under the cling film which means its the arm pads themselves leaking).

eddieintokyo said:
3/24/2010, 7:38 am
Replacement body, still oil free.

Old body, I did what voudon suggested - shoved some kitchen towel up the belly. Oil is clearing up. I'd say in another day or two, it's be oil free...

Sadly no. The other figure still darkens. Doesn't glisten but you can see it becomes a jet dry black. Like charcoal. Rather than that matte dark gun colour.

I just can't work it out.

I even took the kitchen roll out and fitted some thinner stuff. No perishing, no bits of flaking rubber, no oil marks or stains or any moisture. The kitchen roll is blown dry.

That's been part of the problem with this issue too, and getting reports from people. Some people consider the oil issue the leaking, where there's fluid build up and all, but I would never say mine is leaking, there's no fluid to see, just the glossy effect and the darkening, and I wonder when people say it's not leaking, do they just mean it's not leaking or is it truly dry, matte and light in color like the rest of the armor.

Did I miss a post or something?? I can't find eddieintokyo... I think I've missed something. Which one is eddie having problems with? new or old or both?

Yeah, he got the replacement body shipped to him direct from Hot Toys.

Both of his were leaking from day 1.
https://www.eddiewong.net/2010/02/24/hot-toys-batman-dx-defects-part-2/

What's odd though both the biceps on my figure has stopped in the past. Before the abs had stopped with just the left bicep oozing then days after that, the right started to slowly glisten.

Now it's reversed, the abs start up again and haven't stopped with the biceps cleared up. It's been starting and stopping for the past month since Feb 15.

I haven't received mine yet , but I'm doing it next month . do u think I'm gonna have the same problem???

I am still hesitating about buying the DX Batman from the third Batch. I do not want a deflect figure, but it is too hard to resist you know. The figure is so beautifull, but still...It would be just annoying if my figure would leaking as hell and because of this, the paint would have damaged. I just can't afford that. I want the DX Joker also but I don't know if i wanna buy him without the DX Batman. Joker is great but it is just feels not okay without the Bat. I really hope HT will fix the 3rd Batch. I just can't imagen after all those problems they would dare to come out with the same oil issue again. But you never know.

Yup, seems like anywhere from out of the box to a month or so that this problem can show up.

Has there been anyone who consistently has NOT had this problem yet? The original poll gave the 48 hour response, but that doesn't seem long enough to judge in light of this post.

Back