DX02 residue in abdominal area, has yours shown signs of it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has your DX02 shown signs of residue buildup in the abdominal area?

• Total voters
I received a new body from HT this morning and I've displayed for the whole day. No oil leakage yet!

They just might have solved this problem after all.

I agree. Wait a few days before jumping for joy. Maybe there is hope though.

I returned my Batman DX to my retailer and exchanged it for a Batman The Dark Knight Medicom version and am happy with that one now.

The problem with the oil just ruined the figure for me, it will be interesting to see if Hot Toys manages to fix the problem for the new batch they will release in June.

I posted this in the other thread but I received a 3rd batch today and their are no signs of problems at all. I am expecting another in two days and the tumbler tomorrow.

How can the 3rd batch be out yet. BBTS would be shipping right now then. We're not even in Q2 yet.

How can the 3rd batch be out yet. BBTS would be shipping right now then. We're not even in Q2 yet.

Because either DCD will end up batch 4 or 5 because of all the different production and release changes HT's been doing with this figure trying to fix things, or could be misinformation from sellers. Also, people selling this figure might say "it's from my 3rd batch of this figure" which isn't a lie or wrong, but their identification of a batch isn't going to be the same as us on the forums who are so antsy to get our figures and need some way to distinguish the various sources for this figure to know when ours is going to come through.

I had been inspecting the lower abs earlier. That oil seems to be corrosive to that somewhat matte shiny paint. It takes a while to happen but it eventually strips it from it being such a fine coating. If the oil is left soaking in it, it becomes soft and wears away over time. Just over a month I've had this figure. Strange that the other one is flawless.

This figure was more or less fine after the first week, then it started, cleared up and returned several times.

I had to go the cr0w route and build up some matte black on this to take the stripped sheen away.

It doesn't appear to effect the rubber but it will to the paint coating it has. I was never ever rough with it. Soft gentle dabbing with a cotton lint free cloth. It had just slowly worn away with it getting moist.

dscf9193.jpg

all a matter of definition
- batch: usually refers to a single production run in manufacturing where all inputs are the same for traceability reason e.g. raw materials, components, equipment and even shifts so really each day could be a new batch depending on how controlled the production environment is.
- revisions: should be used when we are referencing to design/production/engineering related rollout of changes and is really what we are focusing on as we are looking for revised materials or production process
- rollout: purely driven by marketing as in Hk, Asian, NA rollout and may or may not coincide with any stages above
Batches = Revisions on SSF ;)

BTW update on the flat clear finish from Toys2
and it is still leaking :( just slower and won't saturate as badly

I guess whatever that oil is it's penetrating the paint. Reminds me the same way how brake fluid eats through surfaces.

BTW update on the flat clear finish from Toys2
and it is still leaking :( just slower and won't saturate as badly

Glad it only cost $5 for the bottle I ordered, though Eric did it to one of yours that had been affected for some time right? Maybe if used on a fresh figure before it can even start, it could work.

Glad it only cost $5 for the bottle I ordered, though Eric did it to one of yours that had been affected for some time right? Maybe if used on a fresh figure before it can even start, it could work.

yeah it was on my real bad one

Last edited:
Well, the oil leak on mine is far better after adding the make-up sponge. We'll see how it goes forward.

...but it hasn't cured it for you. So why does it supposedly work for some and not for others, unless the others that said it's cured are not being fully honest with the every so slight leakage or severely slowed down leakage.

...but it hasn't cured it for you. So why does it supposedly work for some and not for others, unless the others that said it's cured are not being fully honest with the every so slight leakage or severely slowed down leakage.

Or it could be that some people are doing it wrong. =(

this oil shiat is nothing big! if anything it is good for the figure because it keeps the suit in good shape if the oil dries the rubber will crack

Yeah, really it's nothing big. ¬_¬

Thats why some people's paint finish got damaged with it.

And if it's meant to be there, it's meant to be within the rubber, not coming up to the surface. It's a ____ up in the production of this figure, plain and simple.

Yeah, really it's nothing big. ¬_¬

Thats why some people's paint finish got damaged with it.

Because some dopes experimented ad nauseam and wrecked it with their antics. "Batch did not have this, oh...let me whine and post 300 times a day about it and try this...,"

Oh,

"Well, after careful deliberating, let me do this...," thus destroying the figure themselves.

HT should tell all those idiots to go SCREW and not give them any returns. Especially those that fiddled with the body and damaged it. :gun

Last edited:
Oh yeah, like the day they all started oozing was the day it was damaged. Faulty goods from day 1.

You have to agree with me that it happens. =)

It's either in or out. There's no in between. This isn't a program that partially works.

Back