Dragon Toy - The Dark Ruler 1/6 Scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kit is sending these out soon. Will be very interested in first in hand pics.

I skipped it though

Interested in seeing how he turned out. Have him on PO at Gundamit so will either just cancel him or pay it off if he turned out good.

With such a fast turnaround, I'm assuming he's more or less the same as the prototype.

Video:
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1K...LnUznp763DErNk-MOUA4mnM0sibSXfr77S-D_z-v3A258

Screenshot for size comparison:

1704459132710.png

Gets my vote. Chain mail is too large though, but manageable in terms of changing it out.

Quit the presence.

Still not sure I need it. Won't fit in my display and looks very plastic-ly. Might go for a 3D print statue option instead like they sell on ebay.

Gets my vote. Chain mail is too large though, but manageable in terms of changing it out.

Quit the presence.
I wonder about knee joints if it's single and elbows. Also the hips....curious abou movements, not that Sauron was that mobile...but yeah.kind of excited having such a huge figure that stands out..

I wonder about knee joints if it's single and elbows. Also the hips....curious abou movements, not that Sauron was that mobile...but yeah.kind of excited having such a huge figure that stands out..
Good points, I would hope those joints would be a standard double. Mind you I guess it would depend on the design/limitations of the armour in and around them - though like you said, he wasn’t exactly Spider-Man with his movements.

From the video, the designers look like they’ve considered articulation from just looking at the shoulder armour alone - nice touch. But who knows.

He won’t go in any of my cabinets because of this size, thats for sure. But I did consider this before ordering. He’ll be out on the desk on display, which is absolutely fine because of his presence/design and who it is👌🏻

Looking forward to receiving him.

Looks actually good to me. Of course it's far from being perfect (huge chainmail, lack of detail in the lower legs) but the body proportions look slightly better than in the promo pics. For its price it's more than fine even though it can't compete with the beauty of the Weta statues. I really look forward to receiving mine.

Back