Dragon Star Trek TNG pictures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think about it. The old Dragon WWII original figures were about $40 and came with highly detailed, for that time, uniforms and a bunch of weapons and gear. Now, all these years later, Dragon seems to be using only a very slight variant of the original body, only a passable likeness of the character [not necessarily the actor] and how many accessories could there be? They are $40 - $50 figures tops.

I'll wait for some in-hand pics...but yeah that work sculpt isn't cutting it. I bet these will end up on clearance soon enough. I'm liking Data, but the rest are pretty Meh.

Think about it. The old Dragon WWII original figures were about $40 and came with highly detailed, for that time, uniforms and a bunch of weapons and gear. Now, all these years later, Dragon seems to be using only a very slight variant of the original body, only a passable likeness of the character [not necessarily the actor] and how many accessories could there be? They are $40 - $50 figures tops.

I can agree with that... these are not high-end figures. Better than Hasbro, but that is not saying much :lol And certainly not worth $90, but we are in a time when anything 1/6 seems to start at $75 and go up.

I will likely try to get Data and Picard, but I'll be looking for a deal once they've been out for awhile.

Star Treck Next Generation 1:6 figures

I looked around for a ST section but didn't see any threads. Any way what do you guys think of these:

https://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=12&itemid=16001

Personally I'm not so sure its gonna jump start the franchise. Data looks too "plastic" even for an android. Picard looks very good but the rank pins on all 3 are too big. & Worf........HOT MESS!!!

& They have the nerve to ask $100 MSRP!!! If i see them on ebay all three for $90 then yeah, I'd go for that.

Re: Star Treck Next Generation 1:6 figures

There was a thread about them... even a few places pre-ordering them. But yeah, pretty assy looking.

Still, might get a Picard just because.

Thers no way they would hold up nextto the nanjin ST figures. Or anything in my collection. crappy crapiness. I want a good Jean Luc!! maybe after nanjns done with TOS...

I'd love the big three and Khan from WOK,

TNG Jean Luc, Worf, Riker... damn it's hard to narrow down TNG to nesessity... maybe at least Picard in the DS9 movie uniform...

from DS9 Sisko...

I love star trek but can't see myself droping thousands upon thousands... just wish art asylum finish the DS9 6 inch line.

I ordered all three from Monkey Depot yesterday for $220 shipped. They're still in stock.

https://www.monkeydepot.com/1_6_Licensed_Sci_Fi_Etc_s/8.htm

$70 a piece seems like a great price after the initial reports of $120 a figure.

They looked better than expected at SDCC.

tng_3.jpg

Last edited:
Fair enough. Here are some closer pics.

tng_worf2.jpg

tng_picard2.jpg

tng_data2.jpg

Picard is my least favorite of the three, but I still couldn't resist. Worf looks much better than I expected.

The head sculpts look pretty good. They might be worth swapping over to better bodies with a little custom futzing with the uniforms.

Picard looks awful and as if he has no neck. Worf looks like Dragon just took the old Geometric model head and used that. Data is ok, but none look $70 OK.

Picard looks awful and as if he has no neck. Worf looks like Dragon just took the old Geometric model head and used that. Data is ok, but none look $70 OK.

Agreed. I was hopeful for these but there's no way I'd plunk down even $50 for them...

Back