Dragon Star Trek TNG pictures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dragon sculpts really have been left in the dust by the other competition including Medicom. I do still love a select few of my Dragon WW2 figures, they were great for their time and in ways i liked them more then figures SSC were pumping out at the time i bought them.

I think only Hot Toys could do a real good job with Trek.

I ironed my Data's shirt and it helped, but it still rides up in the front. It has a hidden zipper in back that is clever, but seems to accentuate the shortness of the shirt in front. I had to put a piece of black cloth around his stomach to hide the flesh from sticking out. The face is okay. It is just way overpriced for the quality you get.

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

You can pull the shirt up a bit to hide the longish neck, but then his navel is exposed.

Damn... what a waste. Why can't ST get a decent high-end treatment :huh

Thankfully we have Nanjin taking care of TOS and TWOK for us :rock

The in hand pics make these figure look even worse. Very easy pass now. I place all my ST trust in Nanjin now.

I wish I can do them myself. I believe I can make the uniform look good; only if you don't raise the figure's arms. I will tailor it like a WWII German jacket so the shoulders look sharp and neat. I talked with some ST uniform fans and they told me what are the problems with this uniform. (I think everyone noticed Picard had to pull down his uniform when he stood up from sitting position.)

You would definitely have my order if you also made TNG figures nanjin!!

And regarding Picard and his uniform, it just shows how brilliant of an actor Patrick Stewart is... he took a defect in the uniform, and turned it into a badass character trait of Jean Luc Picard.

WOW!!! Those Data pix show how bad this line is! That is the worst Data I've ever seen. The Geometric model head is much better. Seeing those pix and hearing of the uni problems make me glad i made my own years ago.... and with a shirt that wasn't too short!

It actually boggles my mind that they would produce a figure with the outfit so jacked up? Dragon isn't the high-end of high-end but usually their stuff is decent.

But the shirt ending at the elbow, rather than near the mid-forearm is just inexcusable. Honestly pretty bummed about this :monkey2

Whatever happened with that prototype of Picard shown a few years back by GG? I remember that being an overall tighter looking figure.

Nanjin don't let the shoulder problem stop you from making TNG. If Jean Luc and the boys had to endure this problem and preform thei starfleet duties than us Trekkies can suck it up and preform our dutys accordingly as well.

Those duties being buying the TNG figures you make for us after TWOK :)

Some more shots of my Data without the black undershirt I added to hide the exposed stomach. And a shot that shows why his neck looks too long - it is.

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

The shirt has two main problems. It's just too short and the hidden zipper in the back is stiff which makes it ride low in back and high in front. It's also a pain to get it zipped back up and impossible to line up correctly.

IMG_0252.jpg

Attachments

• dev1s.jpg
    dev1s.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 11
No more my eyyyyeeess!! hahaha. Sorry that you had to be the one to bite the bullet for u al to see how bad these are. For your own sanity I'd try swapping to a truetype.

You can't really tell in these pics but anther reason why these are so bad is the material choice. I literally think they are made out of linen actually. It just looks all kinds of wrong

Back