Dragon Star Trek TNG pictures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lecture Absolutely agreed. Those baggy sleeves look awful, as do the boots. And Worf's sash looks horribly cheap.

Data's sculpt is great, Picard's is passable, but Worf's doesn't look much like Michael Dorn. I think I'll be skipping this line entirely unless they do a Klingon in full warrior armor...THAT'D be hard to resist.

How about Chang and Chancellor Gorkon from ST6 with full outfit?

As has been said, these really do not look much better than the Playmates figures. The sleeves should be tighter to the body, those boots look like they are straight from the 90s and the sculpting is only so so. In all honesty I wouldnt even want to use these in a custom and if they are trying to pass these off for $140.. I think they will be around a long while.

As has been said, these really do not look much better than the Playmates figures. The sleeves should be tighter to the body, those boots look like they are straight from the 90s and the sculpting is only so so. In all honesty I wouldnt even want to use these in a custom and if they are trying to pass these off for $140.. I think they will be around a long while.

They probably are. They're just a rehash of Dragon's Nazi officer boots.

These figures would be fine if they were released back in 2001 and they were priced at 2001 prices. Hey, this is eight years later and I don't think Dragon is even making an effort anymore.

:lecture Absolutely agreed. Those baggy sleeves look awful, as do the boots. And Worf's sash looks horribly cheap.

Data's sculpt is great, Picard's is passable, but Worf's doesn't look much like Michael Dorn. I think I'll be skipping this line entirely unless they do a Klingon in full warrior armor...THAT'D be hard to resist.

YES!!!
MyCustom-StarTrekKlingonWorf02.jpg

Have to agree with you Ironman... your kitbash there definitely looks better.

These look like a big dissapointment. Data definitely looks best, but Dragon needs to step it up if they are going to ask for $100+ on figures. A good place to start is to dump those hand sculpts... nothing says late 90's 1/6 like that cupped left hand :lol

Have to agree with you Ironman... your kitbash there definitely looks better.

These look like a big dissapointment. Data definitely looks best, but Dragon needs to step it up if they are going to ask for $100+ on figures. A good place to start is to dump those hand sculpts... nothing says late 90's 1/6 like that cupped left hand :lol

Thats for the XXX versions. :naughty

I love TNG. For $40-$60 I'd be happy to buy these. For $140 - no, thank you :monkey4

I'd agree with that... I was hopeful that Dragon would take a giant leap forward (especially if looking for this kind of price) but this is basically what you would expect a Dragon figure to look like.

This is very surprising, I never thought Dragon would be doing Next Gen. Trek.
Data is the best of them, followed by Picard and then Worf, but if they think they're worth $140, they're completely out of touch with the 1:6 collector market. They're at the most $60 figures. They desperately need new more realistically proportioned bodies, the Buck body is better looking then these.

What ever happened to the Gentle Giant Next Gen. Trek Figures? Their Picard looked fantastic.

While I would prefer good quality TOS figures, I would have snapped up the Gentle Giant Picard. It was shown at a few conventions, but I guess they never received the license to produce it.

showphoto.php

The Dragon Picard looks like he is getting ready for a Monty Python skit
20090612_c0228ab0dd4f95c9fbe9Ujqmxhpo6aJY.jpg

At least I can get my Trek fix thanks to Ironman1188's efforts in hooking us up with Sci Fi Metropolis heads that never made to market.

Alan

I assume that pose was to replicate the "shirt tug" that was a constant move in TNG... but with the crap hand sculpts he looks more like he's about to have a seizure :lol

And whatever happened to the GG one... that looked light years better.

I assume that pose was to replicate the "shirt tug" that was a constant move in TNG... but with the crap hand sculpts he looks more like he's about to have a seizure :lol

Oh, I thought between the pose and the look on his face he had a severe case of Earl Grey space gas. :lol

Last edited:
These are up for preorder on BBTS at $120 apiece. I was still holding out hope the $140 price tag was for the set. Oh well.

Yowch! And BBTS usually charges a fair price... can't justify $120 based on the images. At most I would pay $75 for Picard, but even then I'd still not be real happy about it.

I really don't understand what DML are trying to do...
I mean, they must know these will be an epic fail.

Saddens me, because DML is the reason I got into this hobby, and they did indeed pave the way for many other companies.

I really don't understand what DML are trying to do...
I mean, they must know these will be an epic fail.

Saddens me, because DML is the reason I got into this hobby, and they did indeed pave the way for many other companies.

Yea same here, my first 1:6th figure was Hans Nazi figure by Dragon and as it seems most of their military figures have better quality sculpts then these Star Trek figures.

My first 1:6th
DGWW2Hans1stAnnv.jpg

Back