Dragon Star Trek TNG pictures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno... for $70 I don't feel too bad swapping the bodies. I'll probably pick up a Picard and see how he does ported over to a better body.

well I ordered the 12" Data and Picard and while they've definitely got a LOT of flaws, I still like them -- might go ahead and order Worf as well. I'm a big fan of the show, so your mileage may vary. The outfits are a little funky but they seem to be tailored pretty accurately to the show costumes. Picard's sculpt is so-so (I still think the Playmates Masterpiece Edition was best sculpt of Patrick Stewart I've seen out there), but Data seems close enough, and has a nice pearlescent paint effect. Paint ops are pretty sloppy though I gotta say. I really like that the communicator badge is a seperate piece of plastic, not just printed on, but you stick it on yourself, along with the tricorder and phaser holsters, and the stick-um that they come with is clearly not going to last, so I expect to be gluing them down before I lose them. Picard comes with a nice accessory, the flute from Inner Light, and the box to hold it. Data comes with a cat which is molded so he can hold it, but be careful there. Cat is resin, and did a shelf dive almost as soon as I posed him -- managed to break all of his paws in one fall. And it's a really special moment when you're down on your hands and knees with a flashlight trying to find little tiny resin cat paws. Makes you doubt the sanity of anyone who would be involved in this hobby.

thats sucks that the kitten died, you didn't, well, you know...earlier in the day did you?

funny one thing I thought when unpacking them was, too bad they didn't hire nanjin as consultant.

If nanjin makes TNG in the near future, these figures would be an easy pass.

If nanjin makes TNG in the near future, these figures would be an easy pass.

I picked up an extra Picard and Data, along with a full set of the TNG 12" model kits from the 90s...just waiting on the Dragons to get here to put together Riker and Geordi bashes.

As an aside, at this point Nanjin isn't planning on doing these.

interested in parting with one of your extra Data cats, capn? PM me!

Last edited:
I picked up an extra Picard and Data, along with a full set of the TNG 12" model kits from the 90s...just waiting on the Dragons to get here to put together Riker and Geordi bashes.

As an aside, at this point Nanjin isn't planning on doing these.

What kind of prices did you get the kits for?

I used the Kits years ago to make my TNG crew. Worf worked best for me at the time used as a "mask" placed ocer the head of the existing figure. Geordi wasn't too bad to make work on a 1:6 but Riker needs neck work to make him bash properly.
I think I'll have to dig them out again. I never did finish Lore or the Romulan.

I got the kits for, IIRC, $130 or so shipped from a site online, though I can't recall where. It included all 6 of the crew they made, Picard, Worf, Data, Troi, Riker, and LaForge.

I already bashed a Troi using the Playmates figure's uniform and the modified model head on a HT body. It's not perfect, but it'll do. My Geordi's sitting all ready to go on a Slim TT. I've also already modified Worf's sash for use on him (the Dragon one is awful), and I have the other heads off and sitting on my desk waiting to shove HT neck joints in them, but cutting up those 'Gambit' heads can be a real pain.

What are you cutting up on those Gambits?

$130? OUCH!
I wish I had picked up more when I got mine. I got the Geometiric YNG ones for $11 and the AMT/Ertl TOS ones for $4.39.
Who knew!
Look forward to seeing what you accomplish with them.

Yeah, it was a little high. The Geordis and Trois tend to go pretty low on the 'bay, but the others, especially Worf and Riker, usually go for $40 up. So I figured $130 total, which is about $20 each not including shipping, wasn't too bad. And the headsculpts are actually really good.

I'm cutting up the Narrow TT "Gambit" heads to get the ball joint out to insert it in the necks from the kits. The slim was easy enough to trim for Geordi, and the female wasn't bad, but the gambit is being a pain because of that hair. I'm still working out what to do with Data, too, because the TT neck is a bit thick for him. Thinking of trying to get an extra slim neck and adapting that if I can get a hold of one.

I got the kits for, IIRC, $130 or so shipped from a site online, though I can't recall where. It included all 6 of the crew they made, Picard, Worf, Data, Troi, Riker, and LaForge.

I already bashed a Troi using the Playmates figure's uniform and the modified model head on a HT body. It's not perfect, but it'll do. My Geordi's sitting all ready to go on a Slim TT. I've also already modified Worf's sash for use on him (the Dragon one is awful), and I have the other heads off and sitting on my desk waiting to shove HT neck joints in them, but cutting up those 'Gambit' heads can be a real pain.

Pictures?...

well I ordered the 12" Data and Picard and while they've definitely got a LOT of flaws, I still like them -- might go ahead and order Worf as well. I'm a big fan of the show, so your mileage may vary. The outfits are a little funky but they seem to be tailored pretty accurately to the show costumes. Picard's sculpt is so-so (I still think the Playmates Masterpiece Edition was best sculpt of Patrick Stewart I've seen out there), but Data seems close enough, and has a nice pearlescent paint effect. Paint ops are pretty sloppy though I gotta say. I really like that the communicator badge is a seperate piece of plastic, not just printed on, but you stick it on yourself, along with the tricorder and phaser holsters, and the stick-um that they come with is clearly not going to last, so I expect to be gluing them down before I lose them. Picard comes with a nice accessory, the flute from Inner Light, and the box to hold it. Data comes with a cat which is molded so he can hold it, but be careful there. Cat is resin, and did a shelf dive almost as soon as I posed him -- managed to break all of his paws in one fall. And it's a really special moment when you're down on your hands and knees with a flashlight trying to find little tiny resin cat paws. Makes you doubt the sanity of anyone who would be involved in this hobby.

I agree with your review. I received Data today and his shirt rides up so easily (it's a tad too short) that his stomach shows. It's like he's wearing a belly shirt. Judging from the craftsmanship on Data, I would consider these mass market $20 figures. Although, I suppose he could have worn this style on the show.

Data.jpg

Last edited:
I saw these abominations in person today. So sad I ant TNG figures so bad but these things are not even worth 15 dollars let alone the 99 dollar price tag on them at Forbidden Planet.

They really reminded me of the Hasbro 1/6 scale Sta Wars figures. If you want something to go with those... this is a good bet for you, but don't think you'll be putting this next to your Godfather or Iron Man figures...

Back