Dr. Manhattan Poll

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should a Hot Toys Dr. Manhatten figure be anatomically correct?

• Total voters
Re: Dr. Manhattan's Poll

You can see the Weiner in full at SHH in the images thread. Or in the WCF I would assume as well.

Its not like it was in the comic.....:monkey3

Re: Dr. Manhattan's Poll

What's wrong with anatomically correct droids--er, superheroes?

:monkey3

We don't need a V.2 of this poll.

I ain't leaving the big blue question anywhere - NO WEINER LEFT BEHIND!

I want his weiner on the figure ok!
- there isn´t really any reason for anyone IMO to moan about "omfg lol sick he has a weiner!!" and go crazy, maybe for the stupid media but come on common sense media.
- Why would you even rant about that? Not like anybody, I mean any sane person would try and wank him off.
- It is just about the details, now if his skincolour could change with the temperature, that would be awesome.

If he has a tally wacker, we'll be hearing "HAR HAR HE HAS A PAENUS!".

If he doesn't, we'll be hearing "Where's his tally wacker?".

I'd rather hear #1, because closed-minded dolts are easier to block out.

And this poll was a total beatdown.

BOOM2.jpg

If they give him his ding-a-ling they better give SS her snatch and nipples

Last edited:
Well if DCD gave SS her nipples then HT would definitely do it.

I voted no...but should have voted yes. The movie is rated R, and Hot Toys are high end collectables not meant for children. I see no reason not to have him anatomically correct. If it was a Mattel figure or something, then I would say no.

Re: Dr. Manhatten Poll

Nope. For one he seems to be uncircumcised, so no helmet on show and it's not hairy.

Actually someone at another website was upset that Manhattan does appear to be circumcised in the film. As a woman, thus having no social fears about paying attention, I did notice that during the film and it struck me as a poor choice, because:
a) Manhattan was definitely uncircumcised in the comic art.
b) It is highly unlikely a European author like Moore would depict him as such, since circumcision is extremely rare outside of the Jews and Muslim communities in Europe.
c) Manhattan made his own 'perfect' body and it seems unlikely it would require signs of a surgical alteration.

I do agree with Dinolast that displaying an uncircumcised Manhattan with no knob showing would be less overtly sexual. That would be the ideal figure. If I had to choose among less favourable options, I would prefer an anatomically correct film-accurate version (i.e. circumcised - assuming our visual perception was accurate) rather than a not anatomically correct one.

All Hot Toys figures have not been anatomically correct thus far. So I say it really doesn't matter. Hehehe. If they ever make him without his anatomy... I can already see custom figures with it and critiquing its size etc. Hehehe

Back