Batman: Legacy TPB (1997) or Batman: Legacy Vol. 1 & Vol.2 (2017 & 2018) TPBs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark_Knight_89

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have just finished the Batman: Contagion TPB (new edition from 2016), and I am keen to move onto Batman: Legacy next.

I see that there are two main ways that the Batman: Legacy story arc has been collected;

Batman: Legacy TPB (original trade from 1997)

or

Batman: Legacy Vol. 1 & Batman: Legacy Vol. 2 (two newer trades printed in 2017 and 2018 respectively)

The completionist in me is drawn to the newer and seemingly "more complete" Vol. 1 & 2 editions. However, whilst Vol. 1 is easily available at a reasonable price, Vol. 2 is hard to find and is going for quite laughable money on eBay.

The original TPB from 1997 seems to be relatively easy to find.

I was wondering if anybody had any thoughts or advice on whether I would be missing out on any major plotlines if I chose to just buy the original 1997 book, and save myself some money? Or does the newer Batman: Legacy Vol. 1 & 2 contain essential reading?

Thanks in advance!

Sorry....no idea about the collections. I think I still have all the floppies in a box somewhere, though.

I remember really enjoying Contagion, then Legacy just kinda kept stretching the story out, and then the next storyline was the one about an earthquake that isolates Gotham and that was when I finally quit reading Batman monthlies. All the crossovers were just too much for me to keep up with. Felt like a never-ending soap opera.

Sorry....no idea about the collections. I think I still have all the floppies in a box somewhere, though.

I remember really enjoying Contagion, then Legacy just kinda kept stretching the story out, and then the next storyline was the one about an earthquake that isolates Gotham and that was when I finally quit reading Batman monthlies. All the crossovers were just too much for me to keep up with. Felt like a never-ending soap opera.

Thanks! Yep, saving up for Cataclysm/Road to No Man's Land/No Man's Land next!

Back