Dr. Horrible 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cadaver202

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am attempting a 1/6th dr. Horrible and Captain Hammer with my girlfriend. So far we have gotten the fabric to make the labcoat and the mini buttons for the shoulder.

The problem I am having is getting a head with a likeness to NPH and finding rain boots for him.

My girlfriend is attempting to sculpt NPH but we are not sure how it will turn our as we have never sculpted a head before.

Any advice would be wonderful!

The vote of confidence in me is astounding. ;)

Yes, advice would be handy. I can sew like a mo fo, and I'm a fairly decent painter, but sculpting is new for me.

Good luck with that but if it dosen't come out right just try again...all the greats sculpter on here started the same way...just don't rush it take your time. As for the rain boots you can always try looking on ebay or one of the great 1/6 dealers on here they have great stuff or even try makeing your own out of reg. boots. Ether way have fun:D
PS don't forget to put up pixs of them when your done make them

I have been hunting all over eBay and the internet for 2 weeks now with no luck with any rubber boots. I even looked for Ken ones with no luck. I'm sure we will find something.

yeah it's kind of hard to find everthing you want at once but hopefully the show up...I know I been looking for some part for customs and it seems like it take for ever to find them:banghead but in time the do show up you just got to keep a eye out for them.
you are talk about boots like these right??
DrHorrible.jpg

Those certainly look good! I bet there is something out there that can be used to recolour them. Thanks for the link!

The sculpt is going alright. I'm getting closer to getting the basic face shape right. It's going to take time, but hopefully I can come up with something I am happy with.

It's looking like I'll be sculpting the goggles, too.

Thanks for the advise on painting the boots. I think we are going to get the yellow ones and paint them. We will get pics up ASAP. Might not be this weekend as there is a comic expo in our city.

Thanks for the advise on painting the boots. I think we are going to get the yellow ones and paint them. We will get pics up ASAP. Might not be this weekend as there is a comic expo in our city.

No problem on the tip. Just thought of another one make sure to wash the boots with dawn dish shop or some form of grease remover soap before you paint, let them fully dry them paint.

I have a feeling they may well be painted anyway, check when you get them as you may be able to strip the paint and or repaint them.

so I spent the night making a coat. I got the boats in the mail today so I got some motivation. the pants on him are not the ones I'm gonna use but I didn't want him pants-less.

photo.jpg

All I need is some gloves and his goggles, well and a head. the pants are in the mail.

Back