Media DOOM (Doom 4)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None of these are exclusives?

Forza 5, 6 and Horizon. Halo collection and 5. Dead Rising 3. Ability to play 360 games like Doom 3, Dead Space and Alan wake. Is why I used UC4/Doom money on an xbone.

Awesome, looks like I won't be getting Doom until Monday.

I ordered from BB to have it shipped. Was scheduled for today and just a few moments ago got an email from ups telling me it's been rescheduled for Monday.

Just curious, do all same video games have the same bar codes on them? Example, two copies of Doom for PS4, will they both have the same barcode on the back?

As long as it's the same edition (regular vs a special) they should have the same UPC code.

So, apparently this is good?

****** designs aside, apparently this is very fun to play.

And Anita Sarkessian hates it, which is always a plus.

So, apparently this is good?

****** designs aside, apparently this is very fun to play.

And Anita Sarkessian hates it, which is always a plus.
I read the color palette is the only thing, but yeah. Being good is...good, but you always hope for more than good, you know?

Haha why does she hate it this time? :lol

As long as it's the same edition (regular vs a special) they should have the same UPC code.

ups actually ended up delivering it first thing this morning.

The game is fun so far. Just your typical first person shooter so it's nothing mind blowing.

Apparently this guy did a lot of doom mods and had 0 expectation about it, and he ended up loving it.

All the reviews I've seen are pretty positive, and this review kinda convinced me to get it.

Finished the campaign tonight. Loved it. Ending was anticlimactic (especially after the sweet-ass final boss fight) and predictable sequel bait, but I'd be more interested in a prequel myself. Seems like quite a bit happened before the plot of this game starts.

As a huge fan of the original (to the point of making mods, maps, and monsters), I have to give props to the good folks at id Software for restoring the franchise to its former glory. The gameplay is solid, the customization/weapon mod incentives are great, and the music kicks so much ass.

Definitely will return to previous levels to complete the challenges and grab the collectible Doomguys I missed. They unlock weapon and monster models in the main menu -- and the monsters look so cool. A couple designs I'm not a fan of, but there are many I'd honestly LOVE statues or figures of:

Revenant
Cacodemon
Mancubus
Cyber-Mancubus
Hell Knight
Baron of Hell

/end gushing

Forza 5, 6 and Horizon. Halo collection and 5. Dead Rising 3. Ability to play 360 games like Doom 3, Dead Space and Alan wake. Is why I used UC4/Doom money on an xbone.

Yeah don't really care about your console of choice. Not really sure why you are trying to shoehorn a conversation about it.

Yeah don't really care about your console of choice. Not really sure why you are trying to shoehorn a conversation about it.
People are weird with some of the stuff they bring up for no reason.

Well lets be honest, you said none of the games Im disapointed with this generation arent exclusives. I asked for views on Doom as I feared the same with Uncharted 4; Solid but not that great, which is why I cancelled my pre-orders and used the money towards something else. I was merely adding abit of context to my current position.

The whole exclusives thing had zero to do with asking how people were getting on with Doom and how good people are rating it. I merely answered your question. Im not interested in anything but whether its worth dropping £40 or wait until christmas when it will be £20.

Cant say im shoehorning a conversation that confusingly you started.

I love the game so far. The game play is fast and fun. There aren't many moments so far where you're not going from monster to monster trying to destroy them. I think this might be my favorite Doom game. I grew up playing Doom ever since the first game. I had a resurgence this past year with the Brutal Doom mod for the original games. It really added a lot of great features and made the old games fresh again. Even with that, I think I still like how this new game plays a lot more than any other Doom game in the franchise. I kind of want to get the players guide and art book now. I wish the limited edition game came with a statue of a different monster, because the Revenant has never been one of my favorites. I would have much rather had the Cyberdemon or something.

Thanks Blade for posting that, that song is awesome, the OST in general is crazy.

I found it in better quality with FLAC link in the description.

I'll be damned, I'm pretty hyped about this game.

Awesome, sounds like a perfect DOOM ending.

Touché.

Thanks Blade for posting that, that song is awesome, the OST in general is crazy.

I found it in better quality with FLAC link in the description.

I'll be damned, I'm pretty hyped about this game.

Seems like the composition of this one is more solid, too. Not sure if the track is on a loop and previous videos just started it at the wrong spot. Great find!

Back