Does Rainman take commissions?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if Rainman would do a one-off Heath Ledger Joker for me. I'd love to have something no one else has!
He may, if...

ThePriceIsRight412x270.jpg

I m pretty sure you guys can rest easy when it comes down to the likes of Trav and Jack. They are big hitters that many people want, so I doubt he will cut his nose off despite his face.

You can b___h and moan all you like but the evidence was there to support my custom. The interest was not shown so Rainman went ahead. You better believe we had that conversation. He is not a silly businessman after all.

You can b___h and moan all you like but the evidence was there to support my custom. The interest was not shown so Rainman went ahead. You better believe we had that conversation. He is not a silly businessman after all.

I read the previous posts and no one is b__ing or moaning. :dunno

Quit trying to be the focus. No one cares.

I read the previous posts and no one is b__ing or moaning. :dunno

Quit trying to be the focus. No one cares.

Whatever. There was plenty of b___ing and moaning concerning my custom. That is what I meant.

You seem to overlook a key part to that sentence, but whatever works for you I guess.

Whatever. There was plenty of b___ing and moaning concerning my custom. That is what I meant.

You seem to overlook a key part to that sentence, but whatever works for you I guess.

BE STILL MY DOGS OF WAR! (The Humongous)

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Not sure I understand...
Hard to get inside jokes when you're new, but I would certainly appreciate the reference.
Honestly guys, there are only 3 figures I would pay big money to have done, because they would probably not be done anywhere else.
Though I would certainly like and appreciate a great Jack from the Shining, he isn't one of them.

Well what figures are you talking about that you'd drop big bucks on?

Oh and just so you know Orrimarrko, there's probably not enough loochie in this pic to score a custom from him.

Meaning what? Customs are $1500 or more?

If that's what it is, that's what it is. If it's less, great.

Either the guy will do the customs or he won't.

Love to have them, but won't lose sleep either way.

Meaning what? Customs are $1500 or more?

If that's what it is, that's what it is. If it's less, great.

Either the guy will do the customs or he won't.

Love to have them, but won't lose sleep either way.

He does take commissions on occasion, but I get the impression only for boardies that have somewhat of a relationship/rap ore with him. If he does agree to do something for you however, be prepared to pay more than $1500; and that's just for the sculpt.

Whoa :lol If I struck a nerve I think you misunderstood me bro. I'm trying to advise you. As far as I know he's only done 1 one off custom for someone who 1. has a relationship with him and 2. paid a f__k of a lot for it. I think $1500 may not even cover the head sculpt.

But I asked what are your three that you'd want? We can probably tell you if it's likely to be offered as a release. And what custom do you want? Because if it is something that a lot of people will have interest in, it may become an official offering.

He does take commissions on occasion, but I get the impression only for boardies that have somewhat of a relationship/rap ore with him. If he does agree to do something for you however, be prepared to pay more than $1500; and that's just for the sculpt.

Thanks for the info. That's what I was curious about in the first post.

1. Would he do it at all, and
2. What would something like that run.

I appreciate the parameters; that's very helpful.

Whoa :lol If I struck a nerve I think you misunderstood me bro. I'm trying to advise you. As far as I know he's only done 1 one off custom for someone who 1. has a relationship with him and 2. paid a f__k of a lot for it. I think $1500 may not even cover the head sculpt.

But I asked what are your three that you'd want? We can probably tell you if it's likely to be offered as a release. And what custom do you want? Because if it is something that a lot of people will have interest in, it may become an official offering.

No nerve at all. I was just trying to figure out where you were going with that. It's totally cool.

I appreciate the info for sure. Just like with MarfMaster - I didn't have any parameters at all, and two pages in, I still didn't have any. ;)

There are many characters that I would like to have, just like many others here on the boards, I'm finding. Popular characters that, if done really well, would sell out quickly. Popular series and iconic characters are usually wanted by more people than the artist is willing to do. Take Sunohc's Morpheus for example. I'm sure there are more than 21 people who would love to own one, and would have ordered during that period of time if more were available.

Naturally, big name franchises like The Matrix, Fight Club, Back to the Future - they've either been done by great customizers already, or may be done by other companies in the future (Hot Toys, etc.)

I would only consider having something done if I was pretty sure that they would never be done in that way.

For me, those would be, in order:

Married With Children (Al Bundy - preferably in the seating position on the couch with his hand in his pants. And yes, I would want the couch.) ;)
I would also be okay with Al with one of his great, typical Al facial expressions wearing the No Ma'am shirt.
Shawshank Redemption (Andrew Dufrane - only in the scene where he's come out of the sewer, in the rain, arms raised to the sky)
Ferris Bueller's Day Off (Ferris Bueller - in the grey/white leather jacket with removable sunglasses.)
A Christmas Story (Ralphie in the cowboy outfit with Ol' Blue)

Granted, there are other characters from those shows/movies that I would love to have as well (Peg Bundy, Principal Rooney or Cameron, and Ralphie's Dad with the leg lamp), but those would be ones I would want.

Anyway, I appreciate the info guys. Just gathering info.

Thanks,
Steve

Iminime used to charge $3200 for a 1 off headsculpt, they had that offer on their ebay account, but it's long gone. Rainman helps Iminime as you might know, so...

Thanks for the info. That's what I was curious about in the first post.

1. Would he do it at all, and
2. What would something like that run.

I appreciate the parameters; that's very helpful.

No problem, I figured you'd been jerked off enough. :lol

Andy and Ferris are great choices btw. There is an Andy out there btw, in his denim getup with his desk as an accessory, by art figures I believe. Not sure if it's of the caliber you're after, but just in case you're not aware. :) Ferris I would love to see, and I think it's as safe a bet as you will find in this hobby that he won't see mass production.

Your best bet would be to contact Rainman directly. He is a member here (rainmanking).

To PopCult's point, though, beyond Teddy's David another, uh, previous member here also claimed to have multiple one-off customs done by Rainman I believe, and it felt to me like he was being truthful about it, though he never showed off pics or anything that I saw. If memory serves he claimed that one of these was another Tyler Durden, different from those Rainman released to everyone else. . .

Back