Does Hi Definition ruin some movies for you?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, just a question...I'm finally gonna be getting a Blue-Ray player via PS3 soon...My HD TV is 60hz, so my question..Is there much difference between 60hz and 120hv TV's? Would I see much difference if I was watching a 60hz and a 120hz TV side by side?

I don't like the 120hz personally, the images esp during movies don't look right it all looks simulated for lack of a better term.

We just got a 1080p 240Hz 100K:1 Sony Bravia 52" LCD with a Playstation BluRay, and holy cow! I had no idea what I was missing. We watched UP in BluRay on it first, and I was totally blown away. Star Trek also looks amazing. And now we have the streaming Netflix thing through the PS3 and it's AWESOME. They have some super cool, campy sci-fi and horror on there and the streaming is flawless (we have it directly connected to our router, not wireless).

I never would have expected myself to agree to such a set up, but Best Buy was having a HUGE sale for Cyber Monday, and it was a great deal, plus 3 years same as cash! Couldn't say no :rock

I watched Blade 2 on blu ray yesterday and I noticed acne on Wesley Snipes' face that I didn't notice before on standard def. There in one sequence, gone in the next.

We just got a 1080p 240Hz 100K:1 Sony Bravia 52" LCD with a Playstation BluRay, and holy cow! I had no idea what I was missing. We watched UP in BluRay on it first, and I was totally blown away. Star Trek also looks amazing. And now we have the streaming Netflix thing through the PS3 and it's AWESOME. They have some super cool, campy sci-fi and horror on there and the streaming is flawless (we have it directly connected to our router, not wireless).

I never would have expected myself to agree to such a set up, but Best Buy was having a HUGE sale for Cyber Monday, and it was a great deal, plus 3 years same as cash! Couldn't say no :rock

Congrats, Dusty!

I was impressed with UP as well as Star Trek. I am rewatching all five seasons of Lost on Blu-ray leading up to the final season in February, and it's like a whole new show watching the earlier seasons in high def.

I'm still undecided what I'm going to do for a new flat screen. My room is really big, 28 x 22 and I'm afraid an LCD will fade out from the sides. I know they have gotten better at that, but I still notice it in the stores. I haven't looked at an LED enough to notice if it's any better.

I was holding out on a blu-ray player until LotR came out but they keep postponing it so I may just splurge after I get my new tv. It's nice that alot of movies are now coming out in those combo packs.

Also, I've noticed that sometimes the blu-rays are now cheaper than the dvds. That's the special editions anyway.

Watching the original Friday the 13th was a disappointing experience. Don't get me wrong, the picture was amazing and so clear.......just a bit to clear............especially when it get to some of those kill scenes, kinda made me laugh.

I'm still undecided what I'm going to do for a new flat screen. My room is really big, 28 x 22 and I'm afraid an LCD will fade out from the sides. I know they have gotten better at that, but I still notice it in the stores. I haven't looked at an LED enough to notice if it's any better.

I was holding out on a blu-ray player until LotR came out but they keep postponing it so I may just splurge after I get my new tv. It's nice that alot of movies are now coming out in those combo packs.

Also, I've noticed that sometimes the blu-rays are now cheaper than the dvds. That's the special editions anyway.

Our TV room is really large (at least 25 feet across along the wall the TV is on, I'd guess), and I don't notice any fading out on the sides while the movie is playing. Sometimes if it's a black screen it's lighter on the sides, but nothing noticeable while watching. Those LED screens are AWESOME though. But not worth the extra $1500 or so, at least IMO.

That's so awesome Dusty! I think we have the same tv. And boy do Blu-rays look amazing. Glad you are living it up in high def! :D

Back