Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a wild idea, that I would be curious to see if fans would dig it.

What if 11 regenerates into an unknown figure...and the 12th Doctor's casting is delayed indefinitely....

in its place we see McGann's run as the 8th Doctor for a few seasons.

Thoughts?

I'd actually love that, I'd rather see 8 get a season or two, over seeing a new Doctor, he deserves it, but it's sadly not likely to happen.

Boy there are some idiots on facebook asking for Tennant back and still thinking hurt is the next Doctor!:slap what also frustrates me is talks of Idris elba and that other black actor from love actually and firefly! I'm all for a African/brit actor but it's like people are only mentioning them because there African britts who have have worked in bbc television! It's like there not even thinking about what the doctor actually needs to be!:dunno If there were to be an African/britt Doctor I think a British equivalent of Mos def would be perfect! shame he is American..:( was great and very alien in hitch hikers, but the doctor must always be British!:lecture & that is another thing that annoys me on facebook and on many of these doctor wishlist, the amount of times people want American actors, Jim from the office? I mean come one!!:gah:

I'd watch Doctor Jim Halpert.

The opening titles would be The Doctor encountering some alien or whatever...and then doing this....

jim-the-office-ooooook-face.gif

CUT TO OPENING TITLES

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QGbsNIZ-uo[/ame]

20 seasons easily!

...what also frustrates me is talks of Idris elba and that other black actor from love actually and firefly! I'm all for a African/brit actor but it's like people are only mentioning them because there African britts who have have worked in bcc...

Chiwetel Ejiofor is being mentioned because he was one of Moffit's top picks to replace Tennant. He was a contender late into the process and had even been asked about playing the Doctor in interiews where he indicated he'd love to play the role.

In the end it came down to Bennedict Cumberbach and Matt Smith. Smith was nearly cast as Watson in Sherlock and Cumberbach was to be the 11th. In a last minute decision Moffit decided to swap them.

It's not such a crazy notion that Moffit would go back to Ejiofor to play 12.

Love Matt Smith, but it's part of the show. I would have liked another series before he left, but he still has had a good, long tenure and will be in the 50th. I wish we were starting fresh with a new show runner with the new Doctor though. Again, nothing against Moffat but I think it would have been better. As it is now, there's a chance we'll get one season of a Moffat 12 and then he'll be onto something else.

Would be brilliant if Cumberbatch were in the role but we all know thats not gonna happen :(

Then again, given Moffatt's history I think my biggest fear is James Nesbitt getting the role...

Last edited:
Chiwetel Ejiofor is being mentioned because he was one of Moffit's top picks to replace Tennant. He was a contender late into the process and had even been asked about playing the Doctor in interiews where he indicated he'd love to play the role.

In the end it came down to Bennedict Cumberbach and Matt Smith. Smith was nearly cast as Watson in Sherlock and Cumberbach was to be the 11th. In a last minute decision Moffit decided to swap them.

It's not such a crazy notion that Moffit would go back to Ejiofor to play 12.

Is this true? The stories I have heard Is that Cumberbatch was Moffat's first choice for Sherlock, but had a hard time finding a Watson, partly because Smith's personality isn't a contrast with Cumberbatch - Smith was considered to play as Watson.

I have certainly never heard that Cumberbatch was considered for the Doctor. That'd be news to me.

With the 12th Doctor soon to be upon us, they should bring Cumberbatch in to play the Valeyard at some point.

A more recent version of events - Cumberbatch said he turned down the role of 11 because he didn't want the scrutiny that goes along with a show with such a large audience of kids. Cumberbatch is friends with David Tennant and already had some idea of the personal demands of starring on Doctor Who.

Bill Nighy was also offered the role after Tennant.

Not sure who I would pick. The only actor I have hoped for has been since he played Doctor Moon in Silence At The Library/Forest of the dead; Colin Salmon.

Whoever they choose, I hope he is at least 40 years old, with gravitas. I don't want another fruit loop as the Doctor.

Back