Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im really not digging the new origin story for the doctor, and according to the ratings neither are the majority of people. Im honestly scared that the show might get cancelled in the next couple years.

Though at the end of the day, no bad storytelling or shoddy character building can ever take away the love I had for those first few seasons with the 9th and 10th Doctor. Ive actually been on a Doctor Who kick lately, and have been re watching a lot of Seasons 1-4. Last month I was lucky enough to be able to attend the Gallifrey One Convention and meet Christopher Eccelston. Really awesome dude and im really happy I got to not only meet but talk to him for a few minutes.

Im really not digging the new origin story for the doctor, and according to the ratings neither are the majority of people. Im honestly scared that the show might get cancelled in the next couple years.

Though at the end of the day, no bad storytelling or shoddy character building can ever take away the love I had for those first few seasons with the 9th and 10th Doctor. Ive actually been on a Doctor Who kick lately, and have been re watching a lot of Seasons 1-4. Last month I was lucky enough to be able to attend the Gallifrey One Convention and meet Christopher Eccelston. Really awesome dude and im really happy I got to not only meet but talk to him for a few minutes.

:exactly: Those were some good times. I've been missing watching Doctor Who so have just started re-watching my box sets too. Currently watching the Eccelston episodes on blu-ray (for the first time in absolute ages), I had forgotten how good they are...although I love all the Nu-Who Doctors (with the exception of 13 - who I am just completely disregarding)

Great that you got to meet him too...I liked him as the Doctor - just wish he'd have been around for a couple more seasons.

I was tiring of the show by Twelve and had hoped that when the Doctor ran out of regenerations they might take the opportunity to rest it for a while, before either rebooting or figuring out another way to bring him back. But now he is a s/he, and s/he has unlimited lives - ironically just as interest hits an all-time low!

Any thoughts on the new multimedia event Time Lord Victorious? Does the title imply the Doctor is still a Time Lord after all? Is it telling that it's headlined by Ten not Thirteen?

Time-Lord-Victorious.jpg

I?m pretty sure Time Lord Victorious has no direct connection to the main show. So I wouldn?t look for any connections between it and the current program.

It?s headlined by Tennant because he (and the others) are contracted to the Big Finish stuff.

They filmed the regeneration scene but Jodie said 14th Doctor was not present during filming.

Last edited:
I have an idea. Let’s bump this thread so we can ruin another corner of fandom here with the current trend of white male fragility!

wee!

For anyone wondering (as I was) how to pronounce Ncuti Gotwa’s name, it’s like this: Shoot-ee God-wa..

Last edited:
I have an idea. Let’s bump this thread so we can ruin another corner of fandom here with the current trend of white male fragility!

wee!

For anyone wondering (as I was) how to pronounce Ncuti Gotwa’s name, it’s like this: Shoot-ee God-wa..
To be fair Doctor Who has been andering to the PC crowd for quite a few years now. Long gone are the days of actual good Doctor Who stories.

I’m one of the first people on this forum to call out the blatant racism and misogyny from some users, but seeing as how far downhill Doctor Who has gone these last few years makes it pretty clear what their agenda is.

The writing has been piss-poor for seasons now, the characters have been bland and yet they’re trying to draw focus to this romance between Jodies Doctor and Yaz that came out of nowhere; when they have zero romantic chemistry whatsoever. A lot of what they have been doing doesn’t feel natural, it feels forced. If the writing and characters were actually any good then it wouldn’t be an issue, but since they aren’t it certainly feels like a lot of pandering.

I hope he is good in the role, he doesn’t really give off Doctor vibes though, but his first season will be their last chance to keep me in; so they’d better get it right. It’ll be difficult to do worse than Jodie Whittaker anyway.

Back