Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol @ Doctor Poo!! Much better than the last series' offerings! :lol

I haven't watched a single episode and from the looks of it I might not bother

Save yourself the trouble, the scripts are awful, weak useless villains, only one out of the three companions is any good and the less said about the "Doctor" and her "acting" (if you can call it that) the better.

Gather she's sticking around for the next season unfortunately but hopefully (if it survives to another series) after that the Doctor goes back to being male - old or young I really don't mind!

:lol @ Doctor Poo!! Much better than the last series' offerings! :lol

Save yourself the trouble, the scripts are awful, weak useless villains, only one out of the three companions is any good and the less said about the "Doctor" and her "acting" (if you can call it that) the better.

Gather she's sticking around for the next season unfortunately but hopefully (if it survives to another series) after that the Doctor goes back to being male - old or young I really don't mind!

The formula which works

Male Doctor

Attractive female companion

Nuff said :wink1:

Curious ...do the faithful think if they do another season, more than likely he will be male again

But my question is should they go for a young or old Doctor :lecture

Doctor who is doomed as long as it stays within the BBC....most of it's output is now full of OTT PC crap...and it's only going to get worse.

And i can't see Whittaker being the last "alternate universe" female Dr either...unless series 12 completely bombs and the show is axed..

Personally i think the show needed a rest after Capaldi...and a rethink..maybe a big screen movie trilogy was/is the way to go.

But what i'd like to happen right now is...

1.Everyone who's been involved with the series 11 train wreck should be sacked and never let anywhere near the show again...

2.The show needs to be let out to an independent company with capable free thinking writer's who know sci-fi and aren't under the restrictions of an OTT PC/femnist agenda.

3.Hire the right actors/actresses who are suited to the roles...no more political stunt casting please...it just dosen't work.

As for who to play the good Doctor...i've always been an advocate of Ivanno Jeremiah who guest starred in Capaldi's Extremus episode.

This guy can act and he's fantastic as good synth Max in Humans....He'd bring back some much needed gravitas and alienness to the role...

View attachment 439069View attachment 439070

Whovians are the saltiest fandom and still hold the crown despite a strong showing from TLJ SW haters. Every season without fail. I love it. :lol
As for Jodie, she’s been fine as The Doctor.

Kill it with fire.

Is it wrong that I love that this is failing?

In addition to the falling audience numbers on a week by week basis, there’s this as well:

BFD49214-6DFB-45EC-9AFD-0421AE32C76C.jpeg

Chibnall needs to go. Poor writing here is the culprit even moreso than the miscast actress.

Is it wrong that I love that this is failing?

For at least 40 years, fans of this children’s show hate on the new version of this children’s show. A new season or actor or showrunner won’t change that. That’s where I get my schadenfreude. :)

The formula which works

Male Doctor

Attractive female companion

Nuff said :wink1:

Charismatic male Doctor

Either a woman or a woman and a man as companions. But not more, I think 3 is too many.

Doctor who is doomed as long as it stays within the BBC....most of it's output is now full of OTT PC crap...and it's only going to get worse.

And i can't see Whittaker being the last "alternate universe" female Dr either...unless series 12 completely bombs and the show is axed..

Personally i think the show needed a rest after Capaldi...and a rethink..maybe a big screen movie trilogy was/is the way to go.

But what i'd like to happen right now is...

1.Everyone who's been involved with the series 11 train wreck should be sacked and never let anywhere near the show again...

2.The show needs to be let out to an independent company with capable free thinking writer's who know sci-fi and aren't under the restrictions of an OTT PC/femnist agenda.

3.Hire the right actors/actresses who are suited to the roles...no more political stunt casting please...it just dosen't work.

Agree with all points.

Only I can't say anything about Ivanno Jeremiah, I haven't seen him in anything yet. But before Whittaker was announced I thought they'd probably cast a black actor and was actually looking forward to it. I also believe it would have been the less controversial choice. Had they cast a talented black guy, I think the overwhelming majority of the fandom would have been happy and it would not have caused this extreme divide that the gender swap did. Chibnall and his writing would still be a huge problem though. Different showrunner is a must.

Kill it with fire.

Is it wrong that I love that this is failing? I hope they make Barry Poppins now just to show the other side what its like.

:lol I agree!!

Only I can't say anything about Ivanno Jeremiah, I haven't seen him in anything yet. But before Whittaker was announced I thought they'd probably cast a black actor and was actually looking forward to it. I also believe it would have been the less controversial choice. Had they cast a talented black guy, I think the overwhelming majority of the fandom would have been happy and it would not have caused this extreme divide that the gender swap did. Chibnall and his writing would still be a huge problem though. Different showrunner is a must.

Agree with this. I hoped they might have gone down that route too and I (personally)think that may have fared a lot better than what we got. The scripts are a big, big part of the problem but although on saying that some of the past Doctors have had some truly awful scripts to work with, yet despite that they were always watchable, had presence/gravitas and always held my attention whilst on screen - unlike the gurning, bland Whittaker.

Not much interest in S12 around these parts eh :lol

I haven't watched DW since Eleven but couldn't help noticing the fallout over the Timeless Child reveal. Thoughts?

The final episode apparently had the lowest ratings for a modern DW. Hopefully this sends a message.

Right now I'm torn between totally disregarding Thirteen or accepting the latest revelations as canon. Davies and Moffat respected what had come before, Chibnall has just thrown it all out the window.

I haven?t posted because I?m tired of people attacking me because I think series 12 was the best season we?ve had since series 2. I have really enjoyed Jodie Whittaker?s doctor this series and all the huge developments, though I hated the idea at first, I am very intrigued by them now. It?s the most intellectually invested I have been in Doctor Who in a long long long time.

Glad you liked it. As a PT apologist I know what it's like to be in the minority - but S12 throws out nearly 60 years of lore and I'm not sure I can accept that.

As someone who was very anti-Morbius Theory for 30 years, I don?t think it threw anything out. For me, it actually enhanced the lore. I am very interested to see where this all goes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ah the long lost Doctor Who thread!! :lol Long time, no see!

Glad you liked it. As a PT apologist I know what it's like to be in the minority - but S12 throws out nearly 60 years of lore and I'm not sure I can accept that.

Pretty much this. Admittedly I haven't watched any of this season following the final episode of the train-wreck (IMO) that was series 11, but have heard what they have done through the various sites I visit and I don't like that they have gone that route that at all. Opinion seems as divided as ever about the show, some love it, some hate it and the viewing figures continue to drop but the BBC don't seem to care. :mad:

Chibnall can write and retcon whatever he likes but William Hartnell will always be the first Doctor in my eyes.

Still glad that some are enjoying it, I would hate to see it cancelled but I just cannot watch it in it's current form. Once Chibnall is gone and Whittaker, still the worst Doctor (again IMO) and whose run I'm just completely disregarding, regenerates I might start watching again. Until then I'll just work my way through my DVD & Blu-ray collections of Who.

Back