Doctor Who - Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't think they're going to reference to something like "remember back when___________thats why I can regenerate again".

Apparently RTD was going to put a line in one of his last episodes about the Time Lords being given extra lives during the Time War but decided against it as it would have been too cheap.

Pity he didn't feel the same way about the endings to his series finales.

I could see the drama of the "final" death being a big ratings draw for the finale of the 13th Doctor when that time comes. The more I think of it, they aren't going to avoid that opportunity by answering the question too early. They can hype that episode as "How will the Doctor cheat death?"

How would this play out to Who fans? During the final season of the 13th Doctor we finally learn about the Doctors son or daughter/parent of the grand daughter from the earliest seasons. The Doctor is about to die his final death, but somehow his child sacrifices his/her own lives to restore the Doctor with another round of lives? The 14th Doctor is born and as a fun additional scene a Hartnell look a like is seen adopting the grand daughter.

Last edited:
And there's another new Dalek, an orange one!!!,

daleks-1.jpg

Storywise they could probably get away with 2 or 3 new ones but I think the BBC marketing department will have pushed for as many as possible so they can go crazy with the merchandise.

Hopefully it'll pay off as some of the money could potentially be used to pay for some more new Classic molds to be made.

Last edited:
i don't collect the who stuff, but as far as SSC Star Wars goes I don't have a problem with them making as many clones as possible even though I don't buy them because I know its a good way for SW to remain a cash cow...which hopefully means the occassional rare character.

i don't collect the who stuff, but as far as SSC Star Wars goes I don't have a problem with them making as many clones as possible even though I don't buy them because I know its a good way for SW to remain a cash cow...which hopefully means the occassional rare character.

I wouldn't be at all suprised if the BBC have taken a look at the cash cow that the Clone variants have been for Lucas/Hasbro and realised they can probably do the same with Daleks.

yeah. as long as it doesn't totally screw the integrity of the character, then i don't think its a problem. thus far based on the pictures i think the daleks look cool.

I guess it depends on the angle...from the base up they look all bloated, but when they are photographed from human height, they look much better...

Just seen "Victory of the Daleks",

The good
Matt Smith continues to channel Pat in impressive style and in one scene he was angrier than Eccleston got in "Dalek"......... this Doctor has some fire to him and the age of Doctor Emo is well and truly dead.

The Daleks weren't total pussies.

The Doctor stalling the Daleks with a Jammie Dodger = Priceless :lol

The nod to the Spike Milligan Dalek sketch = Perfect.

Spitfires in space = Was a bit iffy the way they were fitted out so quickly but was good fun.

Historians will inevitably find all kinds of issues with the guy playing Chruchill but he was amusing, especially his catchphrase.

RTD's Daleks getting exterminated by the bulked up, bad ass sounding new ones = SQUEE!!!!!

The bad
The horrible "You Beauty!!!" that the Doctor exclaimed at one point was pure Tennant and it made me squirm in my seat but it was a mere blip on an otherwise enjoyable episode..........The Daleks are BACK!

4 weeks ago I never thought I'd last more than 1 episode of the new regime before calling it a day but I'm not only intrested again, I'm now enjoying it and am loving how elements of the old regime are gradually being swept away.

KBO Mr Moffat.

Last edited:
I loved the Ironside desgin, still not too keen on the new Daleks, but at least they're not as bad as I thought they might be...

I actually felt sorry for the Dalek when the Doctor kept hitting it...

And I want a full size "To Victory!" poster...

I want a full size "To Victory!" poster...

It'll happen, probably in June when the first full waves of figures based on this series get released, maybe sooner as there's already a couple of posters of the Doctor available on Play.com.

It'll happen, probably in June when the first full waves of figures based on this series get released, maybe sooner as there's already a couple of posters of the Doctor available on Play.com.

Alright! :D:D:D

It'll look great on my wall...and I'm definitely getting an Ironside figure too...I don't even collect the figures, and I'm still getting one...

And I've been reading some fan theories, people actually think Amy Pond is Donna Noble...which, if she is, I'm never watching again...

But of course she's not...she's much too lovely...:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Just seen "Victory of the Daleks",

The good
Matt Smith continues to channel Pat in impressive style and in one scene he was angrier than Eccleston got in "Dalek"......... this Doctor has some fire to him and the age of Doctor Emo is well and truly dead.

The Daleks weren't total pussies.

The Doctor stalling the Daleks with a Jammie Dodger = Priceless :lol

The nod to the Spike Milligan Dalek sketch = Perfect.

Spitfires in space = Was a bit iffy the way they were fitted out so quickly but was good fun.

Historians will inevitably find all kinds of issues with the guy playing Chruchill but he was amusing, especially his catchphrase.

RTD's Daleks getting exterminated by the bulked up, bad ass sounding new ones = SQUEE!!!!!

The bad
The horrible "You Beauty!!!" that the Doctor exclaimed at one point was pure Tennant and it made me squirm in my seat but it was a mere blip on an otherwise enjoyable episode..........The Daleks are BACK!

4 weeks ago I never thought I'd last more than 1 episode of the new regime before calling it a day but I'm not only intrested again, I'm now enjoying it and am loving how elements of the old regime are gradually being swept away.

KBO Mr Moffat.

When did it air? I'm in the US and don't have cable, so I have to rely on bittorent to watch this show. Usually when it airs, about 10 minutes later the show is ready for download on multiple trackers, however it has not been made available yet :(. I love this season of the show, great first two episodes.

Last edited:
With those colours they looked like the United Daleks of Benetton.
I did like the design though, had a minimalist purity that I think you'd get from a machine designing a machine... the age of the industrial Dalek is at an end.
The Dalek is dead, long live the Dalek!

I've been reading some fan theories, people actually think Amy Pond is Donna Noble...which, if she is, I'm never watching again...

But of course she's not...she's much too lovely...:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Maybe if Amy loses her looks, changes her accent and starts shouting every line at several million decibels they'll be onto something but until then they are full of crap, just like all the tools complaining about the redesign of the Daleks.

Superman,
It started at about 6:25pm in the UK.

love the new dalek design. At first they look a bit 'odd', due to them all being different angles and proportions etc... especially when compared to the RTD era ones which were basically the original design but more 'battle tank' like.

These new ones are like a brilliant mix of retro 60's daleks and futuristic iPod daleks. I love 'em.

One thing I didn't realise at first though until Jane pointed it out... these new ones are MASSIVE. I thought it was camera angles that was doing that, but these are wayyyy bigger. (they also talk about that in the Confidential program that is shown after it - also the daleks look less plasticky and more solid in the shots where they were showing the dalek performers learning how to 'drive' them)

overall.... LOVE IT!

Back