Do you use Light-Up Features or would you prefer the collectible without?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What would you prefer...

• Only used them a few times, mostly when handling but like them being there

Votes: 44 56.4%
  • Use them all the time and love them

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Only used them a few times, mostly when handling, would prefer without, if it was cheaper

Votes: 14 17.9%
  • Never use them more than once i first open the collectible, would be better without

Votes: 17 21.8%

• Total voters
I think it add value to the piece. If you were to sell it and the light up didn't work any long it probably won't sell for as much. I don't really sell my figures, but knowing it had the feature and it works makes it a little more special. As far as the figure costing less if it didn't have, I don't believe they would. There are many Hot Toy figures that don't have it and still keep going up in price.

I like that it's there but normally I just use it once when I get it, if at all, and then I pop the batteries out and never put them back. If it reduces the cost to not have them then I'd rather not have them. That and if I end up with a disfunctional light-up feature, it would be hard to resell should I EVER need to.

And of course on figures like the Predators, it adds an unnecessary wire that runs from the helmet to the back that is annoying when moving the head and when I want the dreads to fall naturally.

I never use it, the battery tags still attached to figs with light up action. IMO it is a gimmick which I don't utilize therefore, they can remove it and lower prices.

We have the Dark Link Ex and it has a light up base. I think we've had it around 5 or so months and have put the lights on 3x. And they stayed on less than 5 minutes.

Hot Toys figures: I never use them, but they are nice to have and it adds a lot to some figures.
I don't see how light-up features would cause higher prices. The T-700/T-600/Iron Man figures cost about the same as any other figures without them.

As for busts and statues: Gotta have light-up features, but only when it is an important aspect of the character (T-800 eyes), and not just some fancy gimmick.

For poseable figures, i never use them. I'd be alot happier if they didn't have them so i did not need to worry about it decaying over time.

For statues, give me the option of plugging them in.

Generally speaking, I really like light-up features ... when they're appropriate to the character.

And while most of the "light-up" pieces in my collection are statues ... my only gripe is that I wish they ran on AC wall plugs instead of batteries.

Because I'd love to hook them up to the same master switch that I have all my shelf lighting on. Right now I flick one switch and all my shelf lights come on all over my collection room. It'd be pretty cool if I could add to that the individual statue lights.

With HT figures, I get why batteries are a LOT more practical than a wall plug. But still ... it'd be way cool to have the option. But I'm just getting greedy now!

When I'll done with my display shelves I'm going to make some fake batteries with wires and place them together with the transformer into the wall outlet. So I could insert few plugs and get all my light-ups on per one time.

So I chose #2, but I'm NOT using them from the batteries at all. Just few times when opening and making some shots. That's more looks like #1.

Its a nice feature but I hardly use them. My favorite would be the Ghost Rider Bike and figure.

When I'll done with my display shelves I'm going to make some fake batteries with wires and place them together with the transformer into the wall outlet. So I could insert few plugs and get all my light-ups on per one time.

So I chose #2, but I'm NOT using them from the batteries at all. Just few times when opening and making some shots. That's more looks like #1.

Make sure you get the voltage going to the statue correct. You don't want to fry the electronics with it being wrong. There is a reason why there are different voltages and ratings of AC adapters. The adapter regulates the voltage or the power.

Back