Do Video games make you angry when you play them

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some games make me mad. Like Soul Calibur IV, I can't stand losing at all in that game. I also can't stand getting knifed in Call of Duty.

Although it's kind of weird, I'm a pretty laid back person, things don't usually make me mad. Like last semester it was the day before I had a big project due for 3D Animation, I went to open up my project file and it was corrupted, I really wasn't mad at all. Although luckily I found a backup, but still it was bad.

I can get frustrated, but that's it. I used to freak out as a kid, but the moment I am feeling kinda edgey, I will typically put the game down for a while, then come back to it later. That is the secret for myself.

Well, I'd say I don't get mad, but my brothers would call me out on it :lol

Honestly the only games I have ever really gotten seriously pissed at are Gears 1 and 2. And a little at Halo 3.

I never really get mad when playing anything else. I mean I might spout off a WTF?!?!, but I don't actually get angry at any other games.

Well, I'd say I don't get mad, but my brothers would call me out on it :lol

Honestly the only games I have ever really gotten seriously pissed at are Gears 1 and 2. And a little at Halo 3.

I never really get mad when playing anything else. I mean I might spout off a WTF?!?!, but I don't actually get angry at any other games.

and call of duty 4 :lol

and call of duty 4 :lol

Not really. What PO'ed me was the endless grenades people threw constantly. I actually thought the game was cool and a lot of fun until it became an endless grenade fest. Then I hated it, but I didn't get pissed at it really.

back when i was younger i would get angry when playing the NES games but those were damn tough...mega man 1, ninja gaiden and others i can't remember the title to but the ones the games these days don't get me angry. probably because of save points, etc. the last time i got mad was playing Benezia in Mass Effect when my team wasn't strong enough to fight her...I should have left and came back to fight her when i powered up enough but i was being stubborn. so no, i don't get angry any more- not since the NES games.

EDIT: actually I forgot about Ninja Gaiden on the Xbox, that game did make me really angry when playing it. steep learning curve on that one. finally finished it though.

I think video games are made to frustrate you- that's part of the challenge.

That's somewhat the reason why I don't really like to play video games. The ones I do enjoy are the fun party games you play with friends.... or the ones I am good at. :lol

Thank god they dont make Christmas video games, or valentine's day video games.

I'll only get angry if I'm incredibly frustrated on a certain section of a game, but it has to be really difficult. That and when I'm playing multiplayer games like COD, I'll find myself getting upset at moments I think are BS. But I just remind myself it's only a game, and I usually calm right down.

I remember Republic Commando pissing me off.

Now Halo 3 is pissing me off mostly trying to kill someone with a energy sword.

Edit: Forgot to add Xbox Live people piss me off too.

Last edited:
I'm 37 years old and I thought I would have grown out of loosing my temper when playing video games. But the other day I found myself shouting at the screen at of all things Little Big Planet. I find I'm worse when I'm Playing a multiplayer game. I will start shouting things out like cheat and so on, which is just ridiculous. It's like I have become a different person. I'm not like this all the time. And it's only certain games. Is it just me or do you guys get frustrated like this. And if you do get like this, what games really get you angry.

Well, I'm 22 years old, and I've been playing hardcore FPS games since I was 8. Videogames do get me frustrated sometimes, that I've actually dropped my controller on the floor. But, nothing even close to what you're describing :lol. I mean, common, Little Big Planet is such a fun/casual game, that there's nothing hardcore about it, to justify verbal abuse toward your television screen.

No offense, but it seems to me, like you may be suffering from some serious anger issues. Do yourself a favor, and just make sure that there are no babies, or small animals around, when you go on one of your violent anger trips. :lol (for their safety, and to prevent you from going to jail).

Well, I'm 22 years old, and I've been playing hardcore FPS games since I was 8. Videogames do get me frustrated sometimes, that I've actually dropped my controller on the floor. But, nothing even close to what you're describing :lol. I mean, common, Little Big Planet is such a fun/casual game, that there's nothing hardcore about it, to justify verbal abuse toward your television screen.

No offense, but it seems to me, like you may be suffering from some serious anger issues. Do yourself a favor, and just make sure that there are no babies, or small animals around, when you go on one of your violent anger trips. :lol (for their safety, and to prevent you from going to jail).

Well, we all can't be perfect like you. I bet your turds don't even smell

Only when I get to the 10th level of Horde on GOW2, and get my arse handed to me. :banghead

See sig below for reference pic on level of anger.

YES!!! Oh man, Im too old to get mad at games. Im a huge HUGE HUGE SMackdownvsRAW games. I hate wrestling now but I love the videogame due to create your own wrestler. When my opponents keep on punching me, I have no defense or offense. It piss me off.

haha of course they make me mad. They piss everyone off. If you play on line at all with a mic handy then there shouldn't be any doubt about it! I think it's hilarious actually

Well, we all can't be perfect like you. I bet your turds don't even smell

Well, if you're not open to criticism, you should think twice before posting your mental issues online, and making them public to everyone. But, you do seem like a very angry person (and I didn't even call you an insulting name to get you that riled up :rotfl). Do yourself a favor, and find a support group -- just like the one Adam Sandler found in "Anger Management".

By the way, my turd smells like a field of posies - my dog told me himself. :rotfl

Back